PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Alltel Rom?

The Roms OS has the required drivers, thats what I'm looking at. The site doesn't say GPS for the Titan Rom either, but GPS is there
Old 04-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock02004 View Post
DONT FLASH IT! It comes with a new bootloader that will brick the phone until a new hard spl is released! DONT FLASH IT! If Alltel isnt your carrier do not flash it, it will render the device useless.
What do you mean brick your phone? If you can't get into an OS a new unlocker won't help. When i have a vogue working to test it on i can make a new unlocker, and if desired i can make it so it won't get overwritten to stop this, but then you'll need to use old one to relock etc.

Its always best to flash ONLY customs once unlocked unless you are daring or really understand everything that it entails.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Red49er is keeping up the good workRed49er is keeping up the good work

Is there any sort of dump or other useful info those of us with working Touches can get you to speed this along? (Your touch is still bricked, I assume?)
Also, I'm not on Alltel, so I don't think I can help, but I'm sure there's an Alltel user somewhere willing to help.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Lurker

rock02004 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to rock02004

i think at this point i would have to wait until sprint releases the reva rom to even have it flash because right now it wont let me flash anything earlier than this rom and it wont let me flash this rom because of the carrier error. so yeah i have a 400 paper weight due to my carelessness.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond (on Alltel)
Carrier: Alltel

GnatGoSplat is becoming a great contributor

I doubt GPS is enabled in this ROM.
The Alltel ROM for PPC6800 Titan is NOT GPS enabled. However, the SPL and radio are "GPS-ready".

All that was needed to enable GPS in the Alltel ROM was to add these 3 files from the Sprint GPS ROM:
  • GpsDaemonService.Dll
  • gpsid_qct.dll
  • qccmquery.dll

So if the ROM isn't GPS enabled, but the radio is GPS-ready, adding those 3 files should do the trick to enable GPS.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

^ Prolly why the site doesn't mentions it, but its ready.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well the 2.xx version unlocker is underway. I should have a working vogue by end of week, and i have a few other brave testers lined up beforehand so it shouldn't be long. I'm sorry that happened to you rock, in my post i did try to warn people about it, but not sure where you saw the link first. This rom is DEFINITELY risky at the moment for non alltel users! Oh and it does use the infamous 785 header so the radio will not be overwritten.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:20 AM
Lurker

rock02004 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to rock02004

thanks cokeman, I know i made a mistake, im usually very cautious about what i flash on my phone but I saw the rom numbers and got excited to have GPS and Rev A. but in the end it bricked my little vogue. I could fix the problem but I dont have the money to do it so my only choice seems like an insurance claim in a couple of weeks. I have learned so much using this forum, some good some bad, in the end its the technology that keeps me coming back for more.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well i hope the sprint update won't be that far as alltel and bell have released new updates! i thought it was safe to flash dumped roms.. or extracted off shipped exe!!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond (on Alltel)
Carrier: Alltel

GnatGoSplat is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock02004 View Post
thanks cokeman, I know i made a mistake, im usually very cautious about what i flash on my phone but I saw the rom numbers and got excited to have GPS and Rev A. but in the end it bricked my little vogue. I could fix the problem but I dont have the money to do it so my only choice seems like an insurance claim in a couple of weeks. I have learned so much using this forum, some good some bad, in the end its the technology that keeps me coming back for more.
That's odd, I did the same thing on my Mogul but was able to flash back to the stock ROM.
What happens when you try?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development