PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   DCD's 1.0.4 ROM and Kitchen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23684)

boggsie 04-15-2008 12:18 PM

Re: DCD's 1.0.4 ROM and Kitchen

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanbg (Post 250535)
Glad things worked out for you! I worked on my own ROM last night, pieced it all together. I LOVE my phone. 26% memory use, all my favorite apps, all built in. It's SO NICE! I love this kitchen. Can't wait for the next build.

hmmm ... "can't wait for the next build"

What are you hoping to see in the next build? If it is additional OEM's, you can do this by downloading the PPCKitchenOEMs and dropping what you want into the OEM folder.

boggsie 04-15-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthdan (Post 249901)
hey noob question but can I take my existing rom and use the DCD kitchen to change what I want? (I have the rom as an nbh file),

thanks!

It depends on what you mean by Change ...

You can use the Vogue_Kitchen_Tools.rar (expands into an empty kitchen) and then use PrepIt.bat to decompose your RUU_signed.nbh file into the kitchen. Then you can add OEMs into your OEM directory from PPC Kitchen or DCDs Kitchen. So, adding is generally pretty easy. But then you aren't using DCD's base, you are only using is as a donor for OEMs that you'd like to add to your existing base.

ryanbg 04-15-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggsie (Post 250551)
hmmm ... "can't wait for the next build"

What are you hoping to see in the next build? If it is additional OEM's, you can do this by downloading the PPCKitchenOEMs and dropping what you want into the OEM folder.

As in Windows CE OS and Build Number. 19209 is awesome, but I wonder what the next build will have in store for us.

ryanbg 04-15-2008 04:42 PM

By the way, would anyone be interested in my cooked rom? If anyone is, let me know. It's fairly similar to stock, has most of the HTC programs, no sprint customizations, no cube, quickmenu, dopewars, hearts, total commander, and a few others

Torx 04-15-2008 07:21 PM

lockup after 22 minutes in opera mini 4
im switching to cloudy's esmertec to see if that has any effect

Red49er 04-15-2008 09:49 PM

ryan-
I personally am not interested (I like the cube/touchflo), but you should make a new thread with a full list of whats installed and whats removed...there are flash addicts out there that will try anything once ;)

p.s. Maybe they would be called ROM addicts

ryanbg 04-15-2008 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red49er (Post 251117)
ryan-
I personally am not interested (I like the cube/touchflo), but you should make a new thread with a full list of whats installed and whats removed...there are flash addicts out there that will try anything once ;)

p.s. Maybe they would be called ROM addicts

Thanks for the encouragement.:headbang: I think as soon as I finish using it for a while, and determine how stable and fast it is, I might release it. So far, 0 lockups.

THunDA 04-16-2008 08:10 PM

Ive been messing with this kitchen and its pretty cool.. I have a question though, on the today screen there's a plug in (I guess thats what its called) that displays whether bluetooth is on or off and when I tap it.. it brings me to the com manager..

Does anyone know what thats called ? I'd like to find a cab for it..

Thanks

Torx 04-16-2008 08:49 PM

woke up today with my cellphone lcd screen on, it mustve been on for hours because the phone itself was hot. I pressed a button, nothing happened, and realized it had been locked up for no telling how long..

i reset, then after the boot logo it shut off.. i ended up plugging in the charger because the batt was completely dead.

be careful using this rom and kitchen..

boggsie 04-16-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torx (Post 252160)
woke up today with my cellphone lcd screen on, it mustve been on for hours because the phone itself was hot. I pressed a button, nothing happened, and realized it had been locked up for no telling how long..

i reset, then after the boot logo it shut off.. i ended up plugging in the charger because the batt was completely dead.

be careful using this rom and kitchen..

Quite honestly, I am of the opinion (based on personal experience and observation) that _all_ of the (Touch / Vogue) ROMs that mingle the Sprint OEM WM6 ROM and WM61 components, suffer from some level of unpredictable stability issues.

That's not to say I am recommending this over another ROM / Kitchen, as any of them that mingle the WM6 and WM61 components, are (probably) going to have some level of instability.

Personally, I have turned my attention to findiing a stripped-down ROM, based solely on the original WM6 OEM ROM from Sprint (w/ User Customization). I can add what I want via User Customization.

Best regards,
-boggsie