PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   DCD's 1.0.4 ROM and Kitchen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23684)

ryanbg 04-14-2008 07:24 PM

Re: DCD's 1.0.4 ROM and Kitchen

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthdan (Post 249901)
hey noob question but can I take my existing rom and use the DCD kitchen to change what I want? (I have the rom as an nbh file),

thanks!

Sorry, nope! A kitchen is somewhat of a clean ROM that you can add all your own custom applications and settings and what not to. You can't take another ROM and use it as far as I know.

earthdan 04-14-2008 09:11 PM

ah ok thanks for the reply

imneveral0ne 04-14-2008 09:41 PM

when it says no radio is included, does that mean i gotta find one o.O

ryanbg 04-14-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imneveral0ne (Post 250026)
when it says no radio is included, does that mean i gotta find one o.O

No, if you have a functional Vogue right now, you won't need a radio. The only reason you would need one is if you wanted to upgrade or downgrade your radio.

Torx 04-14-2008 10:02 PM

one question..

are there any lockups?? lockups during use or pie/opera mini??

ryanbg 04-14-2008 10:50 PM

FYI to all, jim256 uploaded to his folder in users, in the folder vogue on the ftp! the kitchen is now available. be sure to thank him!

RussMuscle 04-14-2008 11:08 PM

thanks jim!

Scooter_in_WI 04-15-2008 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torx (Post 250042)
one question..

are there any lockups?? lockups during use or pie/opera mini??

Don't use opera but I haven't had a single lock up yet. So far, so good.

Torx 04-15-2008 07:16 AM

cool,

geez, it hasnt even been a week on this revert stock rom, and im already flashing this kitchen custom rom!! that didnt last long!

thank you jim!! i got this puppy stripped! cant wait to see .. ahahaha!!! F-U touchflo!! youre gone!! forever!!! woohoo!!!

EDIT: i have two backlight settings icons, and two task managers.. i only need one of each. With all sounds turned off, EVERYTHING, i still get a little beep when going to an empty call history.. is this supposed to be normal for this high of build?? Also, what is the OEM for the vogue skinned dialer? im getting the classic dialer skin with this flash, MAN this rom is FAST!!!
startup time has decreased like mothafudda! like my phone is on crack. jrebeiros_esmertec_20071119.3.1 and the latest opera mini 4 is pretty choppy for some reason.. might be jrebiero esmertec.. might have to try out cloudy's next.

ryanbg 04-15-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torx (Post 250328)
cool,

geez, it hasnt even been a week on this revert stock rom, and im already flashing this kitchen custom rom!! that didnt last long!

thank you jim!! i got this puppy stripped! cant wait to see .. ahahaha!!! F-U touchflo!! youre gone!! forever!!! woohoo!!!

EDIT: i have two backlight settings icons, and two task managers.. i only need one of each. With all sounds turned off, EVERYTHING, i still get a little beep when going to an empty call history.. is this supposed to be normal for this high of build?? Also, what is the OEM for the vogue skinned dialer? im getting the classic dialer skin with this flash, MAN this rom is FAST!!!
startup time has decreased like mothafudda! like my phone is on crack. jrebeiros_esmertec_20071119.3.1 and the latest opera mini 4 is pretty choppy for some reason.. might be jrebiero esmertec.. might have to try out cloudy's next.

Glad things worked out for you! I worked on my own ROM last night, pieced it all together. I LOVE my phone. 26% memory use, all my favorite apps, all built in. It's SO NICE! I love this kitchen. Can't wait for the next build.