PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Red49er is keeping up the good workRed49er is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OEM Stock Build WM6.1 19209

Hugo-
I use UC myself, and am probably going to slip it into this rom. If I do, I'll be sure to post it here. (I also like to do a PagePool customization, but its a one-click process to change, so if there's a certain size pp you like, let me know, and I'll post it with that size).

JD, if you'd rather do this yourself, since its your rom, let me know and I'll stand down
Old 03-31-2008, 03:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

fyyzer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red49er View Post
Hugo-
I use UC myself, and am probably going to slip it into this rom. If I do, I'll be sure to post it here. (I also like to do a PagePool customization, but its a one-click process to change, so if there's a certain size pp you like, let me know, and I'll post it with that size).

JD, if you'd rather do this yourself, since its your rom, let me know and I'll stand down
I bumped the PagePool down a bit (personal preference) but I used the PagePool_Changer.exe file that I'd pulled from Old Man Jenkin's rom. 10 second fix and you can pretty easily do it yourself. Just download the changer (attached). Download JD's rom and extract the .nbh file. Run the changer app and when it asks for a rom select the new 19209 rom you just extracted.

Change just the Whole Part numbers along the top (4, 6, 8, 12, etc) save it and load that sucker to your phone.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PagePool_Changer.zip (154.9 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-31-2008, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

trickyd is a n00b

Hey, I flashed the previous build of this 209 rom, but I had to go back to the older 202 rom. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the rebuilt 209 rom has an option for "roaming only" under settings > phone > services > network settings (previously called 'roaming' settings). Thanks yo.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

fyyzer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickyd View Post
Hey, I flashed the previous build of this 209 rom, but I had to go back to the older 202 rom. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the rebuilt 209 rom has an option for "roaming only" under settings > phone > services > network settings (previously called 'roaming' settings). Thanks yo.
Yes, it's got the Roaming only option. The three options are Sprint Only / Automatic / Roaming Only

It also has the ability to turn on/off the Data Roam Guard (the annoying "Are you sure you want to connect" message).
Old 03-31-2008, 06:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

trickyd is a n00b

Thanks. That was one of the things missing from the original build, and it is very important to me. Sprint is terrible around my apartment.

And thanks for the great work JD. Flashing now...
Old 03-31-2008, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dodgeboy is becoming a great contributor

I've only been running this ROM for a few hours, but wanted to post some observations:

As one user stated, the voice command prompts are more consistent in this version. However, voice command still does not work as well as it did in WM5. I think we need to determine how to turn off the mic AGC before that will be possible.

Also, my phone has not yet locked up while on a call with this ROM. Prior to this rom, I had to use S2U2 to blank the screen while on a call, or it would lock up on every call between 1-5 minutes in. I've been on several 10+ minute calls with this ROM and it hasn't locked up once (not using S2U2 to blank the screen). Very nice!

Other than that, it is very similar to the other ROMs on the market. These are both very significant upgrades, though!

Dave
Old 04-01-2008, 04:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry Tour 9630

RobNyc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to RobNyc Send a message via Yahoo to RobNyc Send a message via Skype™ to RobNyc

Sounding more interesting
Old 04-01-2008, 06:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

riironman is just getting started

does the voice command caller id/email announce over the bluetooth,like wm6 on the apache with the fix that was out? i tried it on the wm6 and couldnt get it to dial out.

Last edited by riironman; 04-01-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:17 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by riironman View Post
does the voice command caller id/email announce over the bluetooth,like wm6 on the apache with the fix that was out? i tried it on the wm6 and couldnt get it to dial out.
I am not having much success with this. I've tried a couple of different AudioPara.csv files and now I am trying the kitchen that OMJ put together, with one of no2chem's rom's and the Voice Command OEM from PPCKitchens.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

riironman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I am not having much success with this. I've tried a couple of different AudioPara.csv files and now I am trying the kitchen that OMJ put together, with one of no2chem's rom's and the Voice Command OEM from PPCKitchens.
let me know if you get success. I loved this program on my apache. bluetooth announcement was great.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development