PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 02:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Bell

shawn_ is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ghettofreeryder v6 roms - Sprint, Telus, Bell

The 611 Bell works great! The UC works correctly. Haven't tried the tethering yet though ... I'll let Earthdan test that our first
Old 03-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Telus

wakepics is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckl_88 View Post
Hey Ghetto,

I was just wondering if the Windows Live push email problem exists with your ROM Version? I downloaded the stock Bell WM6.1 ROM posted somewhere on these forums and found that the Live push email doesn't automatically establish a connection to log in. You have to do a Send/Receive manually, then push email works from that point on. If the connection is dropped (ie. out of coverage area) or you soft reset, push email stops working until the next time you do a send/receive.

So basically what I did was setup Live to push email to my Touch. Set sync schedule to "As items arrive". Send myself a test message to confirm it is working. Then soft reset the device. Send myself another message and this one never gets pushed.

Does your ROM version have this problem?

Thanks.
I'm using the Telus 6.11 ROM and it seems to have the issue as well. I'm not getting notifications when new emails come in. Had the same problem with one of Mustan-Tech's older ROMS, but was running his newest versions just before switching to this ROM and they were working fine. Any ideas as to why the Push works in some ROMs but not others? Possibly the version of WLM used?
Old 03-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Tethering works fine for me, but im with Telus. As for Live, it works fine for me, but i will look into using live v 10.34.2500 instead of 10.34.0800. Kitchen coming soon.... stay posted
Old 03-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

timbit x is a n00b

Thanks for the great ROM (Bell).

I'm trying to set my weather on the home screen, but I can only get the options for western Canada locations. Is there a way I can fix this the in reg?

Thanks again.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit x View Post
Thanks for the great ROM (Bell).

I'm trying to set my weather on the home screen, but I can only get the options for western Canada locations. Is there a way I can fix this the in reg?

Thanks again.
Edit the 000-HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml file in the HTCHome folder. You will see the required syntax for adding cities
Old 03-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

timbit x is a n00b

great thanks...
Old 03-17-2008, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (CDMA)
Carrier: Bell Mobility

ckl_88 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakepics View Post
I'm using the Telus 6.11 ROM and it seems to have the issue as well. I'm not getting notifications when new emails come in. Had the same problem with one of Mustan-Tech's older ROMS, but was running his newest versions just before switching to this ROM and they were working fine. Any ideas as to why the Push works in some ROMs but not others? Possibly the version of WLM used?
Thanks for confirming this. I will try Mustangs ROM...
Old 03-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Found the fix, uploading new V6.1.2 roms now
Old 03-18-2008, 01:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy S
Carrier: Bell

pure_energy1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder View Post
Found the fix, uploading new V6.1.2 roms now
Cool!

Would you mind detailing what the fix was?
If it's a registry change, please, please show us what it was!

Thx!!
Old 03-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure_energy1 View Post
Cool!

Would you mind detailing what the fix was?
If it's a registry change, please, please show us what it was!

Thx!!

I compared a working version of 0600 with the version of 0800 i was using, and found these missing:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Extensions\ContextMenus\Contacts\Main_Menu\{B96E5081-2795-41f4-96E8-F6B9DE7D7704}]
@=""
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Extensions\ContextMenus\Contacts\Card_Menu\{DE56729E-3248-46f2-B387-159BB9CFD12C}]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\Windows Live]
"Carrier"="Microsoft"
"SupportInfo"="http://support.live.com"
I put this in there, and 0800 worked. I like 0800 because if you have no internet connection, it wont try to connect and give you an error
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development