PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370)

ImCoKeMaN 11-22-2007 01:17 AM

Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

I have made an unlocker/patched bootloader for the touch. This is similar to the Hard-SPL for the Titan (Thanks Olipro for the lessons and the modified version of Pof's JumpSPL). It will CID unlock your device and allow you to flash unsigned code, these changes allow custom roms to be used.

If you need your device to be perfect for work etc. you might want to make sure you have a backup plan before running this. It has been tested successfully, but just remember you don't NEED to use this unlocker =)

This is only the first step for custom roms, but if you look in my folder on the FTP you will see a test rom that will give you 10mb more storage space with no additional chances. It wasn't customized, but it was to test that the unlocker worked. The same tools for rom making on the Titan work for the Vogue by the way.

Please read all the instructions in the unlocker itself. It will need to be downloaded to the PC and then run while the device is attached with activesync. At one point you need to disconect and reconnect. At this point it will look like it's flashing a rom (standard rom update utility). Let that complete. Finally you will need to disable USB in activesync for the exitbl step. That's about it, if you have trouble re-read this post and the instructions again.

When completed successfully it will show version 0.41.CoKe or 2.31 CoKe and your device will be unlocked.

If you think you are done and see 0.36.Coke or 2.00.CoKe they are sspl loaders only and you are not unlocked yet DO NOT FLASH ROMS FROM THEM. Re-read this post and follow all the instructions in the black screen that comes up when running the EXE and it will get you unlocked.

Notes:

* No need to extract, it will run straight from the exe (it's not just an RUU)

* When flashing roms or this unlocker, be prepared for a hard reset

* This will not enable you to flash roms made for other devices (titan, 6700 etc.)

* This is for a CDMA device; the HTC Vogue aka Sprint Touch. (not Elf)

Thanks to my brave testers: Lattisimo and Sonny.

Alright here it goes:
2.31 version: (specifically designed for GPS capable 3.xx roms, ensure you see 2.31.CoKe before flashing an exe)
Thank you Colonel for your diligent and brave testing while my vogue was bricked!
WARNING: this will only work with the 3.xx roms (Alltel EXE only at this point) and may not allow older roms. It will not be overwritten like the 0.40 SPL however so it won't leave you completely bricked like running the alltel exe was doing before this.

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/ImCoKeMaN/Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe
or
http://rapidshare.com/files/113951076/Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe
BTW: This is an MFG SPL and after flashing the alltel exe you can do SuperCID with rtask a like titan

0.41 Version (this one has overwrite protection like the 2.31, but is non GPS)
Use this one if you are not currently using/flashing a GPS radio/rom.
(not fully installed correctly until you see 0.41.CoKe)

http://rapidshare.com/files/11395035...ocker_0.41.exe

Original 0.40 Version (mosty outdated except for "relocking" ability, also more dangerous than 0.41 and 2.31)
VERY IMPORTANT / Warning: If your carrier did not release a rom and you flash an exe of another carrier with the 0.40 unlocker you won't be able to flash ANY rom until unlocking again (this requires booting into WM)

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Im...e_unlocker.exe

* I haven't protected the 0.40 bootloader from overwriting so any stock EXE (includes a bootloader) ROM will relock the device. I suggest only flashing custom nbh files after using the 0.40 unlocker (they don't generally include bootloaders). I did this so that there is no need to create a custom relocker (for warranty concerns), and in general if installing only custom roms it won't be a problem.

P.S. Let's try to keep this thread on topic. The hard-SPL thread in the titan forum got a bit out of hand. If you have questions about making custom roms, tools (same as titan), boot screens etc. please use a different thread.

phuangk 11-22-2007 01:22 AM

damn... I just gave back the HTC Touch to someone who don't use it at all... damn.. should have keep it and tryt his unlock thingy

willysp 11-22-2007 09:03 AM

Excellent - thanks!!

BTW, how did you get an addiitonal 10MB of storage? What (if anything) did you remove?

TIA.

ImCoKeMaN 11-22-2007 09:08 AM

Nothing, it's just using tadzio's tools they do better compression

utexascg 11-22-2007 10:40 AM

you're the best. Cooking right now... will post links to custom rom's shortly

thanks again

slypher 11-22-2007 10:58 AM

Wow, this is great. My touch is on the way so i can start working on a custom ROM before it even gets here! This is a first...you ROCK ImCoKeMaN!!!

-s

bunvilla 11-22-2007 12:08 PM

cokeman help me! i want to flash a custom rom on my 6800 =(
is there another way u might be able to come up with that would help me?

budney 11-22-2007 01:41 PM

Nice work once again ImCoKeMaN! :thumbright:

JBabey 11-22-2007 02:55 PM

Thanks!

=D>

lattisimo 11-22-2007 03:22 PM

Is working great. flashed 6 times already this morning and no problems i didn't cause. ;)

i really need to get better at my rom making skills.

Thanks Eric.

Pibe38 11-22-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunvilla (Post 127833)
cokeman help me! i want to flash a custom rom on my 6800 =(
is there another way u might be able to come up with that would help me?

You may want to consider reading a few threads on the Titan (6800) forum or PMing ImCoKeMaN. But this is not the thread/forum for this question.

lowpro3210 11-22-2007 08:43 PM

so before I do this to my Touch, is this just a custom ROM w/ all the factory junk removed? OR like you stated, just a better file compression on it to get 10 free MBs of??? I think it would be worth it although I JUST got done doing all kinds of stuff to my Touch.....let me know because if it has everything on it with more room I'm all for it...thnx

willysp 11-22-2007 10:38 PM

Wow - this is just outstanding for a phone that's been out less than 3 weeks!

Thanks!

(donation button clicked)

ImCoKeMaN 11-22-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowpro3210 (Post 128059)
so before I do this to my Touch, is this just a custom ROM w/ all the factory junk removed? OR like you stated, just a better file compression on it to get 10 free MBs of??? I think it would be worth it although I JUST got done doing all kinds of stuff to my Touch.....let me know because if it has everything on it with more room I'm all for it...thnx

The rom contents were not modified at all, it was just rebuilt using tadzio's tools which use a better compression method and then adjust the rom partition accordingly. This means about 10mb more storage space, but if you have already set your device up i wouldn't say it's really needed unless you plan on using all your internal storage memory.

P.S. Thanks willysp!

fronz 11-23-2007 02:08 PM

Thnx imcokeman!! been waiting for this!! :)

lowpro3210 11-25-2007 03:06 PM

n00bish question (I guess)...but how do I know that this was installed correctly instead of just booting the original (default) ROM??

lattisimo 11-25-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowpro3210 (Post 129270)
n00bish question (I guess)...but how do I know that this was installed correctly instead of just booting the original (default) ROM??

start, settings, system tab, memory.

program memory should show 10MB more for storage total than with the stock rom.

lowpro3210 11-25-2007 07:22 PM

scratch that ... works FLAWLESSLY .. thnx ImCoKeMaN

mark1581 11-25-2007 07:31 PM

Good job ImCoKeMaN!

Has the Vogue been released on any other CDMA carriers? I'd love to try some new ROMs.

codyppc 11-25-2007 10:19 PM

i this unlocker able to be removed (relocked) if say one wanted to take to service and repair and have no sigh of the unlocker?

colonel 11-25-2007 10:51 PM

I would imagine that it there isnt one yet, he can put one together like he did for the Titan.

ImCoKeMaN 11-26-2007 08:23 AM

Actually i haven't protected this from overwriting so it's possible that the stock EXE (includes a bootloader) might actually relock the device as well. I can't test that right now as i don't have the device, but if you look around on the forum you'll see the megaupload link i'm talking about. If anyone tries that please post your results.

utexascg 11-26-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN (Post 129602)
Actually i haven't protected this from overwriting so it's possible that the stock EXE (includes a bootloader) might actually relock the device as well. I can't test that right now as i don't have the device, but if you look around on the forum you'll see the megaupload link i'm talking about. If anyone tries that please post your results.

I can confirm that flashing the stock sprint rom (which includes the stock SPL) overwrites the patched SPL and returns your phone to normal.

ImCoKeMaN 11-26-2007 07:20 PM

Thanks for checking, that means that is all you have to do to go back to stock. However, this also means that if you do flash a factory rom that includes the SPL you will have to unlock again if you wish to use another rom. The best bet is to always use a rom that has been separated so it's just the OS (like any that i post). This will ensure that your device remains unlocked for the next custom rom.

Red49er 11-27-2007 09:03 PM

How do I put a different custom ROM into this unlocker? Thanks for the amazing work!

Edit: The RUU freezes at 0% every time, but I'm able to recover my device fully. Is there something I'm forgetting to do? (I followed all directions).

Mustang46L 11-27-2007 11:30 PM

So.. everything on the FTP server is under the Vogue category.. So is this for the GSM Vogue or is it for the Sprint Touch? Kinda makes a big difference doesn't it?

Lowen SoDium 11-27-2007 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang46L (Post 130840)
So.. everything on the FTP server is under the Vogue category.. So is this for the GSM Vogue or is it for the Sprint Touch? Kinda makes a big difference doesn't it?

There is no such thing as a GSM Vogue. The GSM TOUCH is the HTC ELF

ImCoKeMaN 11-28-2007 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red49er (Post 130755)
How do I put a different custom ROM into this unlocker? Thanks for the amazing work!

Edit: The RUU freezes at 0% every time, but I'm able to recover my device fully. Is there something I'm forgetting to do? (I followed all directions).

The unlocker needs to be started with the device in windows and having activesync. then after a few steps it will go to bootloader. Disconnect and reconnect the phone, but don't turn off or reset or anything. then continue the unlocker the ruu should complete with the phone in that mode as long as the device shows USB and windows knows it's connected. The other way to do this is to format your SD card to fat32. Then the unlocker will install itself without needing USB after the first activesync. There are still no custom roms posted on this thread other than the one i posted with 10mb more storage, but they will be coming and the customs can be created with the same tools as the Titan.

Mustang46L 11-28-2007 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowen SoDium (Post 130856)
There is no such thing as a GSM Vogue. The GSM TOUCH is the HTC ELF

Elf/Touch/Vogue. Ok. So my question still remains. Is this unlocker for the GSM or CDMA variant?

Red49er 11-28-2007 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN (Post 130895)
...and the customs can be created with the same tools as the Titan.

Edit: I'm sorry, I've been an idiot! Thanks for the help!

Pibe38 11-28-2007 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang46L (Post 130912)
Elf/Touch/Vogue. Ok. So my question still remains. Is this unlocker for the GSM or CDMA variant?

It's right there on the title of the thread ;)

Touch is basically a marketing name from what I can gather.

* GSM Touch = HTC Elf
* CDMA Touch = HTC Vogue

Title says: Unlocker for Custom Roms on Vogue (sprint touch).

Hope this clears it up.

Red49er 11-28-2007 02:43 AM

After the custom ROM is flashed, I close the command prompt, and when I go to use another RUU to install a different rom, I get a 296: Update Only Error (Please use new NBF file).
Is this the fault of the rom or is my device not unlocked?

ImCoKeMaN 11-28-2007 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red49er (Post 130947)
After the custom ROM is flashed, I close the command prompt, and when I go to use another RUU to install a different rom, I get a 296: Update Only Error (Please use new NBF file).
Is this the fault of the rom or is my device not unlocked?

STOP RIGHT THERE!!!!!! NBF?!?!?!?!? you can only flash roms designed for the Vogue!!!! If you tried an nbf i'm guessing you were trying either an apache (6700) rom or one from a GSM device from xda. ROMs are Device specific. As mentioned in this thread there aren't many customs released yet for this device as this unlocker is brand new. Be patient and they will come about though.

Red49er 11-28-2007 01:20 PM

Alright...I was trying to experiment (couple of guys at xda thought the Touch roms would work). What should I search for to find a nice long thread about cooking?

Edit:
What does the titan_exitbl.exe step do? I'm not able to get mine to complete, but I am able to use my device. However, I don't think its actually been flashed because the ROM version doesn't change. (I'm using your custom ROM now :)) I disable USB connections in ActiveSync, and I know windows detects my USB device, but your script says it can't open a USB port.

ImCoKeMaN 11-30-2007 11:25 AM

It says you need to manually disbale usb connections in activesync for the titan_exitbl step. If you flash a new rom though it will take it out of bootloader anyway. As long as your bootloader says CoKe you are unlocked. The rom i posted has no mods other than more storage space so that's the only difference you'll see.

jammis 11-30-2007 03:49 PM

So how does one go about building a custom ROM for the touch? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I want to build a custom ROM for Cricket, because on the sprint ROM we are unable to modify certin files to get wap and mms working. Any help would be appreciated!

coolbean 12-01-2007 12:17 PM

Can this unlocker work for Bell Canada's CDMA Vogue? Or is it specifically for Sprint USA?

Kindly share your experience if you are using Bell's Vogue.

Thanks

ImCoKeMaN 12-01-2007 04:28 PM

it should work for any CDMA version of the touch, but to be sure, put the phone in bootloader manually and make sure it says VOGU100 (power camera reset). If it does than it's a vogue and it will work.

Shrink 12-01-2007 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN (Post 133675)
it should work for any CDMA version of the touch, but to be sure, put the phone in bootloader manually and make sure it says VOGU100 (power camera reset). If it does than it's a vogue and it will work.

Stupid question but... how do you put the Vogue in bootloader mode? I am now having to relearn these shortcuts after ditching my 6700. :)

Thanks!

EtherealRemnant 12-01-2007 06:21 PM

uhhh...

(power camera reset)

Ie., hold down power and camera then press soft reset button ;)