PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370)

ImCoKeMaN 11-22-2007 01:17 AM

Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

I have made an unlocker/patched bootloader for the touch. This is similar to the Hard-SPL for the Titan (Thanks Olipro for the lessons and the modified version of Pof's JumpSPL). It will CID unlock your device and allow you to flash unsigned code, these changes allow custom roms to be used.

If you need your device to be perfect for work etc. you might want to make sure you have a backup plan before running this. It has been tested successfully, but just remember you don't NEED to use this unlocker =)

This is only the first step for custom roms, but if you look in my folder on the FTP you will see a test rom that will give you 10mb more storage space with no additional chances. It wasn't customized, but it was to test that the unlocker worked. The same tools for rom making on the Titan work for the Vogue by the way.

Please read all the instructions in the unlocker itself. It will need to be downloaded to the PC and then run while the device is attached with activesync. At one point you need to disconect and reconnect. At this point it will look like it's flashing a rom (standard rom update utility). Let that complete. Finally you will need to disable USB in activesync for the exitbl step. That's about it, if you have trouble re-read this post and the instructions again.

When completed successfully it will show version 0.41.CoKe or 2.31 CoKe and your device will be unlocked.

If you think you are done and see 0.36.Coke or 2.00.CoKe they are sspl loaders only and you are not unlocked yet DO NOT FLASH ROMS FROM THEM. Re-read this post and follow all the instructions in the black screen that comes up when running the EXE and it will get you unlocked.

Notes:

* No need to extract, it will run straight from the exe (it's not just an RUU)

* When flashing roms or this unlocker, be prepared for a hard reset

* This will not enable you to flash roms made for other devices (titan, 6700 etc.)

* This is for a CDMA device; the HTC Vogue aka Sprint Touch. (not Elf)

Thanks to my brave testers: Lattisimo and Sonny.

Alright here it goes:
2.31 version: (specifically designed for GPS capable 3.xx roms, ensure you see 2.31.CoKe before flashing an exe)
Thank you Colonel for your diligent and brave testing while my vogue was bricked!
WARNING: this will only work with the 3.xx roms (Alltel EXE only at this point) and may not allow older roms. It will not be overwritten like the 0.40 SPL however so it won't leave you completely bricked like running the alltel exe was doing before this.

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/ImCoKeMaN/Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe
or
http://rapidshare.com/files/113951076/Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe
BTW: This is an MFG SPL and after flashing the alltel exe you can do SuperCID with rtask a like titan

0.41 Version (this one has overwrite protection like the 2.31, but is non GPS)
Use this one if you are not currently using/flashing a GPS radio/rom.
(not fully installed correctly until you see 0.41.CoKe)

http://rapidshare.com/files/11395035...ocker_0.41.exe

Original 0.40 Version (mosty outdated except for "relocking" ability, also more dangerous than 0.41 and 2.31)
VERY IMPORTANT / Warning: If your carrier did not release a rom and you flash an exe of another carrier with the 0.40 unlocker you won't be able to flash ANY rom until unlocking again (this requires booting into WM)

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Im...e_unlocker.exe

* I haven't protected the 0.40 bootloader from overwriting so any stock EXE (includes a bootloader) ROM will relock the device. I suggest only flashing custom nbh files after using the 0.40 unlocker (they don't generally include bootloaders). I did this so that there is no need to create a custom relocker (for warranty concerns), and in general if installing only custom roms it won't be a problem.

P.S. Let's try to keep this thread on topic. The hard-SPL thread in the titan forum got a bit out of hand. If you have questions about making custom roms, tools (same as titan), boot screens etc. please use a different thread.

phuangk 11-22-2007 01:22 AM

damn... I just gave back the HTC Touch to someone who don't use it at all... damn.. should have keep it and tryt his unlock thingy

willysp 11-22-2007 09:03 AM

Excellent - thanks!!

BTW, how did you get an addiitonal 10MB of storage? What (if anything) did you remove?

TIA.

ImCoKeMaN 11-22-2007 09:08 AM

Nothing, it's just using tadzio's tools they do better compression

utexascg 11-22-2007 10:40 AM

you're the best. Cooking right now... will post links to custom rom's shortly

thanks again

slypher 11-22-2007 10:58 AM

Wow, this is great. My touch is on the way so i can start working on a custom ROM before it even gets here! This is a first...you ROCK ImCoKeMaN!!!

-s

bunvilla 11-22-2007 12:08 PM

cokeman help me! i want to flash a custom rom on my 6800 =(
is there another way u might be able to come up with that would help me?

budney 11-22-2007 01:41 PM

Nice work once again ImCoKeMaN! :thumbright:

JBabey 11-22-2007 02:55 PM

Thanks!

=D>

lattisimo 11-22-2007 03:22 PM

Is working great. flashed 6 times already this morning and no problems i didn't cause. ;)

i really need to get better at my rom making skills.

Thanks Eric.