PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to dette
Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb87 View Post
dette, I am running a stock official rom. I got it from htc site. I just need to know if I should replace my bootloader back to stock. if so how do I do it?

I have an idea but I don't want to brick my phone.

It seems like I can just install the .40 loader and reflash with the new sprint rom. sprint is my carrier btw.
Yeah I have heard of people doing that.. then I have also heard of people saying NOT to do that

but NO you did not replace your bootloader when flashing the official ROM it is still unlocked

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 09-02-2008, 06:42 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The only warnings are not to install a pre-gps rom or a rom from a different carrier. The .40 unlocker is perfect for relocking, assuming you have a factory rom from your carrier. If a GPS one hasn't been released from htc for your carrier or you go back to to pre-gps rom and radio then it is dangerous.

WARNING: Re-read that last sentence and make sure you understand it before relocking.

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 09-02-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

freedumb87 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
The only warnings are not to install a pre-gps rom or a rom from a different carrier. The .40 unlocker is perfect for relocking, assuming you have a factory rom from your carrier. If a GPS one hasn't been released from htc for your carrier or you go back to to pre-gps rom and radio then it is dangerous.

WARNING: Re-read that last sentence and make sure you understand it before relocking.
First of all I want to say thanks ImCoKeMaN for your time in creating, sharing, and even offering your support for the unlockers. =D>

So based on these conditions I feel I can relock my phone with no problem; please correct me if I am wrong.

1) I have the updated stock rom from HTC/Sprint (via HTC's website)
2) My carrier is Sprint
3) I currently have 2.31 unlocker on the phone

So having met these conditions, I feel that I can install the .40 bootloader and re-flash with the ROM that I am currently using (the stock rom listed above in condition 1).

If everything goes smoothly, the phone should be locked again. Is this correct?

Sorry for the questions but I am trying to be safe (measure twice, cut once approach).

Thanks again!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb87 View Post
First of all I want to say thanks ImCoKeMaN for your time in creating, sharing, and even offering your support for the unlockers. =D>

So based on these conditions I feel I can relock my phone with no problem; please correct me if I am wrong.

1) I have the updated stock rom from HTC/Sprint (via HTC's website)
2) My carrier is Sprint
3) I currently have 2.31 unlocker on the phone

So having met these conditions, I feel that I can install the .40 bootloader and re-flash with the ROM that I am currently using (the stock rom listed above in condition 1).

If everything goes smoothly, the phone should be locked again. Is this correct?

Sorry for the questions but I am trying to be safe (measure twice, cut once approach).

Thanks again!
Yes that is my understanding too

Since you can overwrite the .40 SPL then the carrier (Sprints official GPS rom) will overwrite the SPL with its own SPL that is in the ROM..
You are not able to overwrite the 2.31 SPL so you have to flash the .40 first to relock

That is what I am thinking... If Im wrong anyone can correct me
Old 09-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Lurker

Well it appears that I am back to the latest stock rom with the stock spl. When I press the camera+powera+rest buttons the color screen shows:
VOGU100
SPL-2.01.0000
CPLD-3

Under device info, it shows ROM 3.03.6514 and Radio 3.42.30.

So these are the steps I performed to "relock" the phone (in case someone else was stuck like me):
  1. Phone was already unlocked with 2.31.coKe SPL and running the latest official HTC ROM (3.03.651.4)
  2. I downloaded the 0.40 from this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370 provied by ImCoKeMaN (thanks) and executed (no need to unzip).
  3. Followed the instructions from the post and the unlocking utility.
  4. Verified that the boot loader screen read 0.40
  5. Ran the official ROM Upgrade Utility (http://www.htc.com/us/supportdownloa..._id=76&cat=all). Same ROM that I already had installed.
  6. Followed the on screen instructions
  7. After completing install the official ROM overwrote the 0.40 SPL and now shows 2.01.0000.
When the ROM was installing it stopped at 29% with error 262. I followed the on screen instructions to recover from the error. From the top of my head, I think the steps were to unplug the USB cable, press next on the utility screen, remove the battery for 3 seconds, and power device back on. I think the update restarted from the beginning but went to 100% without error. Not sure if I didn't do something correctly for this to have occurred.

Anyways, hope this may help someone.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Bell

gpolci is a n00b

I'm having a problem and any help would be appreciated...

I currently have the 2.31 coke and latest Bell 3.09 ROM, and am trying to relock my device for warranty service.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but when I run the 0.40 unlocker, I get a 3-colour screen that says SPL 0.36.coke and then when the ROM update utility runs, I get a connection error. If I run the Bell ROM update, it works fine but the 2.31 boatloader then comes up.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ozone
Carrier: Verizon

dem1975 is a n00b

In folder for unlocker this files:
Vogue_unlocker.bat
Cert_SPCS.cab
EnableRapi.cab
ROMUpdateUtility.cfg
itsutils.dll
RUUResource.dll
README.doc
cecopy.exe
cerun.exe
EnterBootloader.exe
GetDeviceData.exe
JumpSPL.exe
rapitool.exe
ROMUpdateUtility.exe
RUUGetInfo.exe
SLEEP4.EXE
titan_exitbl.exe
ErrorBattery.fig
ErrorUSB.fig
ModelID.fig
ReLocker.nb
vogueSSPL.nb
Voguimg2.nbh
Vogue_unlocker.txt

What is Voguimg2.nbh file?
How can i chose (other) custom ROM from RUU programm?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

mcforan23 is a n00b

question: i havent looked through all the comments but where is it supposed to say 0.41.CoKe? and once i got this i can just flash any rom? thanks
Old 09-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcforan23 View Post
question: i havent looked through all the comments but where is it supposed to say 0.41.CoKe? and once i got this i can just flash any rom? thanks
I suggest you read the very first post very carefully. press and hold the camera button, power button, and reset button all at the same time to see what version bootloader you have.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

Torma616 is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
The unlocker needs to be started with the device in windows and having activesync. then after a few steps it will go to bootloader. Disconnect and reconnect the phone, but don't turn off or reset or anything. then continue the unlocker the ruu should complete with the phone in that mode as long as the device shows USB and windows knows it's connected. The other way to do this is to format your SD card to fat32. Then the unlocker will install itself without needing USB after the first activesync. There are still no custom roms posted on this thread other than the one i posted with 10mb more storage, but they will be coming and the customs can be created with the same tools as the Titan.
whenever i try to use this unlocker, at the part right before it says disconnect and then reconnect your phone, screen freezes and dims untill it is off.....what am i doing wrong
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development