PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

nelzp0929 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn76rs View Post
Your computer should go to the command screen and when you phone goes to bootloader the computer will tell you to disconnect you phone then reconnect and press enter. then it should run the rest of the way.
I never get any command screen. In the README.doc, I get to that progress bar in STEP 6, but nothing happens until it gives me a Error 262 screen. During Step 6, my phone goes into bootloader screen, then displays a whitish blank screen with a status bar that sits at 0%.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelzp0929 View Post
I never get any command screen. In the README.doc, I get to that progress bar in STEP 6, but nothing happens until it gives me a Error 262 screen. During Step 6, my phone goes into bootloader screen, then displays a whitish blank screen with a status bar that sits at 0%.
Then i'm totally stumped. I remember getting the same error on my phone the first time i unlocked it and all I did was retried the unlocker again and on my computer it had the black command screen and it was telling me to disconnect phone the reconnect. Sorry I couldn't be much help...
Old 06-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

nelzp0929 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn76rs View Post
Then i'm totally stumped. I remember getting the same error on my phone the first time i unlocked it and all I did was retried the unlocker again and on my computer it had the black command screen and it was telling me to disconnect phone the reconnect. Sorry I couldn't be much help...
That's ok, thanks for trying.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

htowngator is just getting started

If I want to go back to the main Sprint stock rom for the Vogue, it will overwrite the unlocker, correct?
Old 06-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowngator View Post
If I want to go back to the main Sprint stock rom for the Vogue, it will overwrite the unlocker, correct?
no. It leaves it unlocked.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelzp0929 View Post
Try flashing back to Stock 6.1.
Once loaded reflash by pressing holding the red, green buttons then with your stylus press the reset button and follow the screen.
Then run the Unlocker 2.31. Maybe download it again from the first page to be sure you have it right...
Once completed flash to your stock ROM again.
Then once that is successful flash to the custom ROM you wanted. Don't forget to Hard reset after your flash.
P.S When you go into Bootloader mode it is best to hold down the camera button, power button and the press the reset key.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: Bell

kchaggani is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
I have made an unlocker/patched bootloader for the touch. This is similar to the Hard-SPL for the Titan (Thanks Olipro for the lessons and the modified version of Pof's JumpSPL). It will CID unlock your device and allow you to flash unsigned code, these changes allow custom roms to be used.

If you need your device to be perfect for work etc. you might want to make sure you have a backup plan before running this. It has been tested successfully, but just remember you don't NEED to use this unlocker =)

This is only the first step for custom roms, but if you look in my folder on the FTP you will see a test rom that will give you 10mb more storage space with no additional chances. It wasn't customized, but it was to test that the unlocker worked. The same tools for rom making on the Titan work for the Vogue by the way.

Please read all the instructions in the unlocker itself. It will need to be downloaded to the PC and then run while the device is attached with activesync. At one point you need to disconect and reconnect. At this point it will look like it's flashing a rom (standard rom update utility). Let that complete. Finally you will need to disable USB in activesync for the exitbl step. That's about it, if you have trouble re-read this post and the instructions again.

When completed successfully it will show version 0.41.CoKe or 2.31 CoKe and your device will be unlocked.

If you think you are done and see 0.36.Coke or 2.00.CoKe they are sspl loaders only and you are not unlocked yet DO NOT FLASH ROMS FROM THEM. Re-read this post and follow all the instructions in the black screen that comes up when running the EXE and it will get you unlocked.

Notes:

* No need to extract, it will run straight from the exe (it's not just an RUU)

* When flashing roms or this unlocker, be prepared for a hard reset

* This will not enable you to flash roms made for other devices (titan, 6700 etc.)

* This is for a CDMA device; the HTC Vogue aka Sprint Touch. (not Elf)

Thanks to my brave testers: Lattisimo and Sonny.

Alright here it goes:
2.31 version: (specifically designed for GPS capable 3.xx roms, ensure you see 2.31.CoKe before flashing an exe)
Thank you Colonel for your diligent and brave testing while my vogue was bricked!
WARNING: this will only work with the 3.xx roms (Alltel EXE only at this point) and may not allow older roms. It will not be overwritten like the 0.40 SPL however so it won't leave you completely bricked like running the alltel exe was doing before this.

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/ImCoKeMaN/Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe
or
http://rapidshare.com/files/113951076/Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe
BTW: This is an MFG SPL and after flashing the alltel exe you can do SuperCID with rtask a like titan

0.41 Version (this one has overwrite protection like the 2.31, but is non GPS)
Use this one if you are not currently using/flashing a GPS radio/rom.
(not fully installed correctly until you see 0.41.CoKe)

http://rapidshare.com/files/11395035...ocker_0.41.exe

Original 0.40 Version (mosty outdated except for "relocking" ability, also more dangerous than 0.41 and 2.31)
VERY IMPORTANT / Warning: If your carrier did not release a rom and you flash an exe of another carrier with the 0.40 unlocker you won't be able to flash ANY rom until unlocking again (this requires booting into WM)

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Im...e_unlocker.exe

* I haven't protected the 0.40 bootloader from overwriting so any stock EXE (includes a bootloader) ROM will relock the device. I suggest only flashing custom nbh files after using the 0.40 unlocker (they don't generally include bootloaders). I did this so that there is no need to create a custom relocker (for warranty concerns), and in general if installing only custom roms it won't be a problem.

P.S. Let's try to keep this thread on topic. The hard-SPL thread in the titan forum got a bit out of hand. If you have questions about making custom roms, tools (same as titan), boot screens etc. please use a different thread.
hi
I downloaded the 2.31 from this site...

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/ImCoKeMaN/Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe

Is there a way to REMOVE this ?
I installed NFSFAN's 6.5 R11 and tried R12..and kept having a restarting problem when no USB plugged in.

So, i thought I would restore my original Bell ROM (well 6.1 official ROM) It only goes to 31% with the ROM load but no further.
I got the COKE screen to load the ROM that's it.

Can i take this (unlocker) off? that way i can get back to factory as much as I can and resotre the bell ROM?

Thanks
Karim
kchaggani@hotmail.com
Old 06-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: Bell

kchaggani is a n00b

Please reply by email or to group..thank you.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

ahawke01 is keeping up the good workahawke01 is keeping up the good work

I have had the same issue with the restarting of the phone once I remove the usb from the device. i have loaded everything on the phone and it works great when it is plugged in by the usb but once I remove it the locker continues to cause the phone to reboot. I was able to get the factory rom back on the phone by uploading the .40 unlocker and then running my stock rom which installed everything back to my phone and relocked it with the factory locker.

I would like to run a different rom but for some reason these unlockers are not allowing me to do it and I continue to get the rebooting issue that kchaggani gets above. kchaggani try loading the .40 unlocker then running your factory ROM and you should be good to go.

If anyone can update these unlockers to stop the rebooting I would be greatful.

Last edited by ahawke01; 07-03-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

K3v2freshh is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

I have flashed back to the stock Sprint Touch ROM .EXE. Will the 2.31 Coke words on the bootloader affect my warranty?????????
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development