PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370)

colonel 11-25-2007 10:51 PM

I would imagine that it there isnt one yet, he can put one together like he did for the Titan.

ImCoKeMaN 11-26-2007 08:23 AM

Actually i haven't protected this from overwriting so it's possible that the stock EXE (includes a bootloader) might actually relock the device as well. I can't test that right now as i don't have the device, but if you look around on the forum you'll see the megaupload link i'm talking about. If anyone tries that please post your results.

utexascg 11-26-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN (Post 129602)
Actually i haven't protected this from overwriting so it's possible that the stock EXE (includes a bootloader) might actually relock the device as well. I can't test that right now as i don't have the device, but if you look around on the forum you'll see the megaupload link i'm talking about. If anyone tries that please post your results.

I can confirm that flashing the stock sprint rom (which includes the stock SPL) overwrites the patched SPL and returns your phone to normal.

ImCoKeMaN 11-26-2007 07:20 PM

Thanks for checking, that means that is all you have to do to go back to stock. However, this also means that if you do flash a factory rom that includes the SPL you will have to unlock again if you wish to use another rom. The best bet is to always use a rom that has been separated so it's just the OS (like any that i post). This will ensure that your device remains unlocked for the next custom rom.

Red49er 11-27-2007 09:03 PM

How do I put a different custom ROM into this unlocker? Thanks for the amazing work!

Edit: The RUU freezes at 0% every time, but I'm able to recover my device fully. Is there something I'm forgetting to do? (I followed all directions).

Mustang46L 11-27-2007 11:30 PM

So.. everything on the FTP server is under the Vogue category.. So is this for the GSM Vogue or is it for the Sprint Touch? Kinda makes a big difference doesn't it?

Lowen SoDium 11-27-2007 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang46L (Post 130840)
So.. everything on the FTP server is under the Vogue category.. So is this for the GSM Vogue or is it for the Sprint Touch? Kinda makes a big difference doesn't it?

There is no such thing as a GSM Vogue. The GSM TOUCH is the HTC ELF

ImCoKeMaN 11-28-2007 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red49er (Post 130755)
How do I put a different custom ROM into this unlocker? Thanks for the amazing work!

Edit: The RUU freezes at 0% every time, but I'm able to recover my device fully. Is there something I'm forgetting to do? (I followed all directions).

The unlocker needs to be started with the device in windows and having activesync. then after a few steps it will go to bootloader. Disconnect and reconnect the phone, but don't turn off or reset or anything. then continue the unlocker the ruu should complete with the phone in that mode as long as the device shows USB and windows knows it's connected. The other way to do this is to format your SD card to fat32. Then the unlocker will install itself without needing USB after the first activesync. There are still no custom roms posted on this thread other than the one i posted with 10mb more storage, but they will be coming and the customs can be created with the same tools as the Titan.

Mustang46L 11-28-2007 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowen SoDium (Post 130856)
There is no such thing as a GSM Vogue. The GSM TOUCH is the HTC ELF

Elf/Touch/Vogue. Ok. So my question still remains. Is this unlocker for the GSM or CDMA variant?

Red49er 11-28-2007 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN (Post 130895)
...and the customs can be created with the same tools as the Titan.

Edit: I'm sorry, I've been an idiot! Thanks for the help!