PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Major Problem Unlocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty338 View Post
I just did this on my phone....now it's showing a white background with blue lettering that says "Loading . . . "...

It's been like that for about 5 minutes now...is this normal? Does my phone have to be unlocked PRIOR to doing this?

Thanks!
hey, i apologize to no one ever responding to your post. were you ever able to get everything working ok?

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
Old 03-29-2008, 02:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Unlocker for Custom Roms on Vogue (sprint touch)

jim2561 yes i did.. but i didn't try to unlock it again i just reflashed to the stock rom and everything is fine now.. can't figure out what went wrong!
Old 03-29-2008, 02:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDocta View Post
jim2561 yes i did.. but i didn't try to unlock it again i just reflashed to the stock rom and everything is fine now.. can't figure out what went wrong!
hmm...strange. are you running vista? did you go through/follow every diretcion the command prompt instructed you to do to the letter?
Old 03-29-2008, 03:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

jim2561, my brother is using vista.. and he followed everything to the letter... as for my own device i used xp and my memory card is fat16 and everything went fine with mine.. but his went into the loading screen and nothing happens till we removed the SD card and went into bootloader mode and reflashed the stock ROM.. ..

i have another question... i can flash shipped rom from a different carriers? i have sprint and i would like to try the others.. or even switch fully to Hutch's.. can i do that? i read in the Stock rom links thread but didn't quite understand the danger of doing that.. can you please elaborate more on that...
Old 03-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
jim2561, my brother is using vista.. and he followed everything to the letter... as for my own device i used xp and my memory card is fat16 and everything went fine with mine.. but his went into the loading screen and nothing happens till we removed the SD card and went into bootloader mode and reflashed the stock ROM.. ..

i have another question... i can flash shipped rom from a different carriers? i have sprint and i would like to try the others.. or even switch fully to Hutch's.. can i do that? i read in the Stock rom links thread but didn't quite understand the danger of doing that.. can you please elaborate more on that...
Just use the dumped version (OS Only) and you'll be fine! Otherwise it will relock your device. As long as it boots properly or there is a shipped rom for your carrier you'd be ok, but its always better to use a custom built nbh when you have an unlocked device so you don't overwrite parts you don't want to.

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 03-29-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

thanks ImCoKeMaN for the answer ... i really wanted to know that... i have been away from the PPC arena for a long time and got really rusty in playing around with roms.

well my problem with sprint rom is the limitation in sending Unicode sms.. it doesn't support that while hutch does. i'm not exactly sure what file is responsible for that but after doing a lot of reading in Microsoft's MSDN website, it mentioned that sms_providers.dll is responsible for encoding text and when writing the code for the dll you have to specify the correct encoding.. so i successfully extracted two files HTC_SMS_Providers.dll and SMS_Providers.dll from Hutch's ROM and posted them in xda-developers to check if those files would solve send unicode sms.. a lot of people are facing this problem when they try to send international sms.. there is also a thread here talking about Korean support in the Sprint Touch.. i'm too lazy to reflash to sprint to test those files so i'm hoping others will and give us their feedback and hopefully chiefs can include those files in their custom roms in the future..

cheers
Old 03-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
thanks ImCoKeMaN for the answer ... i really wanted to know that... i have been away from the PPC arena for a long time and got really rusty in playing around with roms.

well my problem with sprint rom is the limitation in sending Unicode sms.. it doesn't support that while hutch does. i'm not exactly sure what file is responsible for that but after doing a lot of reading in Microsoft's MSDN website, it mentioned that sms_providers.dll is responsible for encoding text and when writing the code for the dll you have to specify the correct encoding.. so i successfully extracted two files HTC_SMS_Providers.dll and SMS_Providers.dll from Hutch's ROM and posted them in xda-developers to check if those files would solve send unicode sms.. a lot of people are facing this problem when they try to send international sms.. there is also a thread here talking about Korean support in the Sprint Touch.. i'm too lazy to reflash to sprint to test those files so i'm hoping others will and give us their feedback and hopefully chiefs can include those files in their custom roms in the future..

cheers
well i am pretty sure there is a known reg hack for disabling/enabling unicode support/encoding. im not sure where it is, but i do know that you can change in in Schaps Advanced Config 2.1.0.0 C and i think his other versions. be sure to give that a try and see if it works out for you.

good luck.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Lurker

scdoanintendo is a n00b

Are there any vaild links for the unlocker, none of them seem to work for me (I checked all 21 pages).
Old 03-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdoanintendo View Post
Are there any vaild links for the unlocker, none of them seem to work for me (I checked all 21 pages).
just navigate to imcokeman's folder on the ftp.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:33 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdoanintendo View Post
Link from first post works now. Not sure what broke it again this time since ftp is supposed to be secure now and i checked it since the update.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development