PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370)

nini1 01-12-2008 05:11 AM

First thing first, thank you ImCoKeMaN for making this tool available. Got my touch today so I didn't try it yet but i was wondering if this unlocker will allow you to install apps in the ROM?
Also, has anyone been able to come up with a list of the Sprint junk that can be safely removed? I'm referring to what gets installed right after a hard reset. Last time i've used an unlocker was on my 6700 in '05 to do just that and back then i was able to recover around 10 MB of reserved but un-used space on the ROM.

Note: it's not that i need more space now but just wondering if this unlocker will allow to do that. The point is that some apps run better if installed on the ROM, so the more space the better :-)

bfase 01-13-2008 11:45 PM

Is it possible to get the unlocker other than through the ftp. I've tried multiple times to download it from firefox and IE browsers and even an ftp program without success. I have also tried other computers without success.

On a side not though I was able to download the altell rom from a link to the ftp in the altell rom thread. Thanks in advance.

jim2561 01-18-2008 12:30 AM

if theres anyone out there that still cares, i think a lot of ppl would really appreciate someone keep up on making some more custom ROMs! i for sure would! basically my only request would be to have a more stripped down, FASTER vogue ROM. i would sacrifice (personally) as much storage space as needed for more speed! this device really isnt too snappy at all. or if no one wants to do this....perhaps release a stable kitchen for the vogue?
well thanks, Jim.

EtherealRemnant 01-18-2008 12:44 AM

The device would be a lot snappier if HTC would have made use of the Imageon+ chipset built into the MSM7500... but until they do that, no amount of custom ROMs will fix anything, especially when its graphical lag you're talking about.

oracle646 01-18-2008 03:37 AM

Never Done This.

Ok, first of Thanks for the ROM. But I will be honest. I have never done this at all I have no starting point at all! I don't know where to begin or what some of the terminology means completely. Dumb maybe lol. But really wanting to unlock my phone, get all the features (wi-fi) more space etc.

If someone could post a bulletin in reply to this with a detailed break down of how I do this please let me know. I would be most, most great full. Thanks a heap! (like I said. Need a complete break down if it doesn't take to long.)

Again thanks

EtherealRemnant 01-18-2008 04:03 AM

This unlocker only allows you to flash custom ROMs, it can't magically create features the device doesn't have the hardware for (ie wifi)

mrgeoff 01-18-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant (Post 163378)
The device would be a lot snappier if HTC would have made use of the Imageon+ chipset built into the MSM7500... but until they do that, no amount of custom ROMs will fix anything, especially when its graphical lag you're talking about.

Is there a potential for us as a community to make use of it? Or is this something that would have to be done by HTC?

EtherealRemnant 01-18-2008 10:29 AM

It would be something we could do as a community if HTC would launch just a single MSM7500 device with the drivers... but they haven't so at this point its looking pretty bleak. Start hounding Sprint about it and who knows, maybe HTC will get on it, though its doubtful.

Whosdaman 01-19-2008 07:21 PM

yea if you could make it to where it didn't Hard Reset it, man I would donate a whole shit load to ya. So there's something to work towards

oracle646 01-19-2008 09:36 PM

Wifi on Sprint Touch? Possible?

Is this even possible or is it a hardware deal? Even if I get a new Rom. Are there even any out there if it is not a hardware deal that has a wifi built in it?

oracle646