PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Nevin Morrison is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom ROM Chefs -- Compiled List

I think I have successfully bricked my Bell HTC Touch. I successfully unlocked my Touch and then installed a custom ROM found here: ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OMJ/ROMS/.
The rom 100% installed, but upon automatic reset my Touch has moved into a continuous reset loop. The touch goes to the Windows Mobile 6.1 screen and then resets itself. I have hard reset several times, with no luck in stopping the loop.
I have also tried to re-load my carriers rom and I have tried to run the custom rom again with no luck. The problem is that I can not establish a connection between the PC and the Touch. The reset must occur to early. If anyone knows of any
way to force a connection or stop the loop, please let me know. Otherwise, all I have is a brick for a Touch.
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:21 AM
Lurker

tussock is a n00b

Believe me I'm no expert only a novice but what about flashing from your SD card!!! find the rom you want eg the file with the .nbh extension, rename to VOGUIMG.nbh copy to your SD card and hit power,camera and reset and hold till the tri color screen comes up and it should automatically start flashing. There are probably better instructions on the forum somewhere. Hope that helps.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think its time to update this sticky, we have a couple of new GPS\Rev A Roms floating around, and i foresee more on the way.

Mustan-Tech

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25097

JD's Customs

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25070

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 04-29-2008, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO 4G

jeiyuu is keeping up the good workjeiyuu is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
I think its time to update this sticky, we have a couple of new GPS\Rev A Roms floating around, and i foresee more on the way.

Mustan-Tech

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25097

JD's Customs

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25070

-s
I completely agree with Slypher.. Can we add a GPS/Rev-A enabled rom section to this sticky?!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch/Vogue - Searching for a working GPS ROM

truebeliever71 is a n00b

I'm probably going to get flamed big for this but...

I don't understand why we have to have so many "broken" ROMS out... I think the "chefs' should get together and work on fixing the GPS issues first then they can go about adding their own "flavors" to them. This just seems to be the typical Microsoft way of doing things...
Old 05-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm 700wx

cheapa55 is a n00b

I agree with the believer. I am trying all types of roms and some work great some don't. It would be nice to see a more organized GPS rev A section and then the different 'flavors'.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

gbueh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin Morrison View Post
I think I have successfully bricked my Bell HTC Touch. I successfully unlocked my Touch and then installed a custom ROM found here: ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OMJ/ROMS/.
The rom 100% installed, but upon automatic reset my Touch has moved into a continuous reset loop. The touch goes to the Windows Mobile 6.1 screen and then resets itself. I have hard reset several times, with no luck in stopping the loop.
I have also tried to re-load my carriers rom and I have tried to run the custom rom again with no luck. The problem is that I can not establish a connection between the PC and the Touch. The reset must occur to early. If anyone knows of any
way to force a connection or stop the loop, please let me know. Otherwise, all I have is a brick for a Touch.
Thanks in advance.
I had the same problem.. I had to use the unlocker and then I ran the rom install. worked the second time around. try try again
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development