PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 11:53 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cook your own Custom Touch ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
i was able to get the splash screen replaced, but how do i incorporate the custom .nb boot image? I dont see the nb image tool like i used to use for the apache kitchen.
every rom that i flash since the first one i flashed (DnJ) i got an ugly earth/sunrise with htc logo/vista logo boot screen. (no offense to the person who made it) and im trying to figure out how to replace all that

thanks!
here is the tool from the apache kitchen, it will convert an image to .nb:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OM...plashTools.zip
Old 03-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

but then what do i do with the .nb?
the only .nb i found in the kitchen is a stringed number .nb and i didnt know if thats the one i need to replace..
Old 03-30-2008, 06:38 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
but then what do i do with the .nb?
the only .nb i found in the kitchen is a stringed number .nb and i didnt know if thats the one i need to replace..
did you check out dnj's guide? I've not tried it, but I went through the motions. It appears when you flash this, it is to another location on the ppc, I guess that's why you've had the boot splash with every ROM, as it was not part of that ROM. Give this a try, and let me know.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...35&postcount=5

Last edited by OMJ; 03-30-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

thank you old man, i wouldve never found that!
Old 03-30-2008, 11:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Vogu100
Carrier: BELL

dave68 is a n00b

Getting password promt at yer FTP. I wasn't before...
Old 03-31-2008, 01:03 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
thank you old man, i wouldve never found that!
so you were able to change your boot splash then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave68 View Post
Getting password promt at yer FTP. I wasn't before...
not sure what's going on....I can logon anonymously using my FTP client, but not IE.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It's a security thing in IE7. It's blocked.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bparvin is becoming a great contributor

Hi I had a question that I couldn't find an answer to. I am trying to cook my first rom for myself using the Sprint 6.1 Stock 2921 build that JD posted.

The .nbh file is around 75mb and after cooking items in it I get it to around 79mb.

Is this size about right? I thought other cooked roms were closer to 55mb. Is there some sort of compression that you cooks do before hand or some sort of BigStorage utility that you guys use?

Tips would be welcome. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I tried cooking myself, I failed miserably. But dertermination will one day allow me to cook.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

dereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to dereknjenny04

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparvin View Post
Hi I had a question that I couldn't find an answer to. I am trying to cook my first rom for myself using the Sprint 6.1 Stock 2921 build that JD posted.

The .nbh file is around 75mb and after cooking items in it I get it to around 79mb.

Is this size about right? I thought other cooked roms were closer to 55mb. Is there some sort of compression that you cooks do before hand or some sort of BigStorage utility that you guys use?

Tips would be welcome. Thanks!
Depends on what you add. My personal ROM is around 83mb as it has themes, custom ring tones, etc....

like my work: donate a buck

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development