PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mr.jcarter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mr.jcarter's Custom Vogue Rom v2: Now with User Customization!

Mr.jcarter's Custom Vogue Rom v2: Now with User Customization!

Included:
HTC Home Plugin 6-tab (Weather tab updated)
HTC Keyboard (Sprint Version)
HTC Album
HTC Audio Manager
HTC Large Start Menu
HTC Wait Animation
HTC Blue Cube Icons
HTC Task Manager v2 (X-Button)
HTC Random Access
HTC Zip
HTC Touch Skinned Calc
HTC Touch Skinned WMP
Esmertec Java
Microsoft Voice Command v1.6 !!New!!
User Customization !!NEW!! (See below for more details)

Tweaks:
Enabled Cleartype
Inbox Extender (Mark all as Read)
Show Battery in Title Bar
Vibrating Dial Pad
Disabled Connection Bubble

Pagepool: 20mb
ROM Base: WM6.1 Build 107

FAQ:

What is UC? (User Customization)
This new app cooked into v2 of my ROM (and all here after) allows EVERYONE to, well user customize their phone. By editing a simple .txt file located on your Storage Card (attached below), you can tell initial customization to load cabs and install XML files after a hard reset automatically. I take no credit for this great application, it was developed by Sleuth255 over at XDA. For more information about the app follow this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366337

How to use UC?
To get apps to automatically be installed after a hard reset, all you need to do is edit the 'SDConfig.txt' and drop it into your storage card's root directory (\Storage Card). Editing the .txt is very simple and the best way to show how is by example:

LOCK: Enabled
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\Tiltkeyboardfix.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\removeHiddenProxy4CWS_0522.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\s2u2v99c.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\CapScrUtil.CAB
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\Communicator mobile.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\CorePlayer.PocketPC.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\HTC_GPS_TOOL.cab
CAB: \Storage Card\Cabs\SpbBackup.cab
XML: \Storage Card\Cabs\SleuthProvisioning.xml
LOCK: Disabled
RST: Reset

Simply replace the names of the cabs above with your favorites. The first and last two lines will remain constant, always. Make you do all of this BEFORE you flash the new ROM.

Some things to remember:
-The file canNOT be UNICODE
-While case is shown in the example, case is not important
-Cabs that specifically wait for additional user input (other than the initial location) can be loaded but require special grouping. An example of this is the 1-calc installation which stops and makes you accept a license agreement. Go here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=19) to find out how to load these.
-Correct spelling is vital. If something is misspelled the customization will not execute the rest of the install commands. Thanks corys00

Again, more information about this application can be found at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366337

Special Thanks to no2chem, DogGuy and Sleuth255

Get it here: ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/mr.jcarter
username/password ppcgeeks/ezupload
Attached Files
File Type: txt SDConfig.txt (291 Bytes, 266 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mr.jcarter; 02-11-2008 at 03:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The reasoning behind the user customization (even though it is self evident) is that many people request many different things to be cooked into their ROM. However, I personally feel a ROM should be as clean as possible, pretty much the state it would be in brand new out the box minus all the Sprint add-ons. I was thinking, why cook a ROM with all these applications that will be updated to a new version soon anyway? Let me know what you think guys.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.jcarter View Post
The reasoning behind the user customization (even though it is self evident) is that many people request many different things to be cooked into their ROM. However, I personally feel a ROM should be as clean as possible, pretty much the state it would be in brand new out the box minus all the Sprint add-ons. I was thinking, why cook a ROM with all these applications that will be updated to a new version soon anyway? Let me know what you think guys.
Excellent idea! I really like the fact that you are leaving the customization up to the end-user. It makes things a lot easier on the chef when everyone is not begging for a lot of additions on the ROM.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:54 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
with my mogul roms I always used Tierautoinstall same concept it just displays a list of cabs to install before autorun starts
Old 02-11-2008, 10:25 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Marvelous Idea!!!! How does this cab installer batch file handle cab files that want to soft reset the device? Say like spb phone suite?

Old 02-11-2008, 10:49 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
good idea mr.jcarter....it's just like the tierautoinstall....the only downside though, is that those cabs are not part of the ROM, therefore they take up program space instead of ROM space, not that the Touch doesn't have more than enough space though, lol.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HtC touch

pnyce777 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to pnyce777
how would one go about modifying the autorun to install specific cabs?
Old 02-11-2008, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyce777 View Post
how would one go about modifying the autorun to install specific cabs?
I don't really understand your question. If your trying to install apps using the User Customization app included in the rom, download the .txt attachment in the first post, edit it according to what you want to install (make sure the directories are correct as well) and copy it to your SD card.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

corys00 is a n00b
Installing V2 as we speak. Edited the SDConfig.txt file and noticed that if you mistype a filename or something in the SDConfig file it will bypass the installation of any Cabs listed in that file. So double check everything for mistakes.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by corys00 View Post
Installing V2 as we speak. Edited the SDConfig.txt file and noticed that if you mistype a filename or something in the SDConfig file it will bypass the installation of any Cabs listed in that file. So double check everything for mistakes.
Thanks for mentioning that. I've done a little bit of research on the UC application, but believe me I don't know everything about it. Any tips or advice you guys can give by using the app, please comment and I'll update the first post.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development