PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint "The CDMA gods"

Brera is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Brera Send a message via Yahoo to Brera
WM6.1? My 1st CDMA VOUGE flash!

Hey guys, I should be getting my new vogue in today or tomorrow. I am taking it out of the box and (1st timer!!)flashing with a WM 6.1 ROM, but I was wondering from the collection of users that have these roms already.
I've searched and found a few 6.1 roms, but they all have mixed reviews. What is your opinon on the most stable or user friendly ROM? how about closest to OEM or even farthest from OEM (most useful ROM w/ viable regedits and useful apps) Let me know your probs you've had!!
Just wondering from the experienced, what would be compareable straight from ROM, im using:

s2u2 (a_c)
Weather Pane
Poorly ducks vista theme (all skins that included)
Nuemms (cant connect to contacts :0) )
Codys threaded msg
pocketCM
PCM keyboard
Touch Pal
Full access You Tube/Google
Opera Mobile 9.XX
Few regedits for performance

Thanks for the advice!!

CDMA Vogue in a GSM white housing? Yep I did it!!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=white+case

Last edited by Brera; 04-10-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Re: WM6.1? My 1st CDMA VOUGE flash!

Not too many ROMs with those features pre-loaded that I know of. I would suggest finding the cleanest ROM you can and then adding all of your own stuff.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well I know that,but i was wondering what was comparable as far as apps cooked into a cdma vogue wm 6.1 rom

"Upgraded to JD's OEM Sprint WM6.1(great work man)"

Hows JD's OEM working for u?

Last edited by Brera; 04-10-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:39 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brera View Post
Well I know that,but i was wondering what was comparable as far as apps cooked into a cdma vouge wm 6.1 rom

So in the space of 46 minutes (11:40 original post - 12:26 reply) you managed to:
1) receive your phone
2) unwrap it and introduce yourself
3) ensure that it is working ok
4) download and install a custom rom

I have to say, that is real impressive. And before you nay-sayers chime in, remember that his original post indicated that he wasn't sure he was going to get the phone today.
================== edit ==================

Oh, I recommend dcd's 1.0.4 kitchen. It lets you configure absolutely everything ... so much so that you can take out all dialers (not that you would want to) and it also has the ability to remove TouchFlo and the Cube. It lets you build an absolutely bare-boned ROM and you can use UC to automatically install applications of your choice, once the rom has loaded.

Last edited by boggsie; 04-08-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Well I know that,but i was wondering what was comparable as far as apps cooked into a cdma vouge wm 6.1 rom

It's incredibly simple. It is basically the WM6 Sprint ROM that came on the phone merged with the Asian Kaiser WM6.1 ROM, very successfully merging the newest 6.1 features with the original Sprint ROM.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
So in the space of 46 minutes (11:40 original post - 12:26 reply) you managed to:
1) receive your phone
2) unwrap it and introduce yourself
3) ensure that it is working ok
4) download and install a custom rom

I have to say, that is real impressive. And before you nay-sayers chime in, remember that his original post indicated that he wasn't sure he was going to get the phone today.
================== edit ==================

Oh, I recommend dcd's 1.0.4 kitchen. It lets you configure absolutely everything ... so much so that you can take out all dialers (not that you would want to) and it also has the ability to remove TouchFlo and the Cube. It lets you build an absolutely bare-boned ROM and you can use UC to automatically install applications of your choice, once the rom has loaded.
I dont think your reading fully :0)
Check out dharvey4651 's SIG... I quoted his sig line, the rom he uses, and asked him how he likes it................
Old 04-08-2008, 12:55 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
I dont think your reading fully :0)
Check out dharvey4651 's SIG... I quoted his sig line, the rom he uses, and asked him how he likes it................
I knew that ... I knew that ... (oops, D'oh!)

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 04-08-2008, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
It's incredibly simple. It is basically the WM6 Sprint ROM that came on the phone merged with the Asian Kaiser WM6.1 ROM, very successfully merging the newest 6.1 features with the original Sprint ROM.
I think that sounds like a winner to me that or Derek's ROM v16 - Updated 04-01-08 or No2Chem nueROM-V (WM 6.1)
Old 04-09-2008, 04:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Hey guys, I should be getting my new vouge in today or tomorrow. I am taking it out of the box and (1st timer!!)flashing with a WM 6.1 ROM, but I was wondering from the collection of users that have these roms already.
I've searched and found a few 6.1 roms, but they all have mixed reviews. What is your opinon on the most stable or user friendly ROM? how about closest to OEM or even farthest from OEM (most useful ROM w/ viable regedits and useful apps) Let me know your probs you've had!!
Just wondering from the experienced, what would be compareable straight from ROM, im using:

s2u2 (a_c)
Weather Pane
Poorly ducks vista theme (all skins that included)
Nuemms (cant connect to contacts :0) )
Codys threaded msg
pocketCM
PCM keyboard
Touch Pal
Full access You Tube/Google
Opera Mobile 9.XX
Few regedits for performance

Thanks for the advice!!
you can check out my rom, i will also be updating my kitchen in the ftp later tommorow
Old 04-09-2008, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

FIRST FLASH A SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flashed to OMJ 6.1 rom and loving it!!! Only thing i need to know is how to get the HTC home theme to install, whats the name of the cab? anyone have a link i can dl if i dont have it on my vouge windows dir.?

6.1 rocks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development