PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP
Carrier: Sprint

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Didn't know that the fully qwerty only shows up on password fields. Just went to the gmail and yahoo mail pages and the keyboard did switch to the full qwerty when I put the cursor on the password field. On the gmail page though, when I put the cursor on the username field, it would pop up and hide again leaving a "hole" showing the today screen in the space the keyboard would be in.

Still, what causes the keyboard to act crazy in all those other programs I tried them in?
Old 02-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Didn't know that the fully qwerty only shows up on password fields. Just went to the gmail and yahoo mail pages and the keyboard did switch to the full qwerty when I put the cursor on the password field. On the gmail page though, when I put the cursor on the username field, it would pop up and hide again leaving a "hole" showing the today screen in the space the keyboard would be in.

Still, what causes the keyboard to act crazy in all those other programs I tried them in?
Welcome to my world lol

I've been trying to figure that out. I feel that issue alone is making the touch keyboard not work as intended. I have tried three different OEM packages and I have yet to find out that fixes it.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Hehe, glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this mrgeoff. So Derek, when can we expect to see an update that does not have the custom ringtones and extra themes?

Also, did you make the clock on the Today Screen even bigger? Seems like it's a little bigger than it normally is!

I can't wait until there's a GUI version of kitchen so that I can start customizing my own ROMS. I know I could do it with the command line version that's out now, but I just can't find all the "parts" needed to put together a complete ROM. I have the tools. All I want is the 6.1 ROM with the latest CE version, all the HTC stuff and some other little things.

Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 02-13-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch
Threadstarter

dereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuffdereknjenny04 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to dereknjenny04
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Hehe, glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this mrgeoff. So Derek, when can we expect to see an update that does not have the custom ringtones and extra themes?

Also, did you make the clock on the Today Screen even bigger? Seems like it's a little bigger than it normally is!

I can't wait until there's a GUI version of kitchen so that I can start customizing my own ROMS. I know I could do it with the command line version that's out now, but I just can't find all the "parts" needed to put together a complete ROM. I have the tools. All I want is the 6.1 ROM with the latest CE version, all the HTC stuff and some other little things.
I just put in a fix for the ##DATA# settings, but I am working on getting the HTC Keyboard XT9 to let you add words to the dictionary. I have tried several things, and I know what is happening, just not why. I have a few more things to try before it is beyond my Windows Mobile ability. I would like to exhaust options on that task before releasing my next build.

I am a programmer by profession, but have only been playing with windows mobile for a couple weeks now and don't really know any good debugging tools.

like my work: donate a buck

Old 02-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Another thing I've found is that I cannot turn the phone part on or off anymore by holding the red button.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereknjenny04 View Post
I just put in a fix for the ##DATA# settings, but I am working on getting the HTC Keyboard XT9 to let you add words to the dictionary. I have tried several things, and I know what is happening, just not why. I have a few more things to try before it is beyond my Windows Mobile ability. I would like to exhaust options on that task before releasing my next build.

I am a programmer by profession, but have only been playing with windows mobile for a couple weeks now and don't really know any good debugging tools.
The EPST trick worked like a champ! I changed the files before I cooked my ROM and ##DATA# worked.

I haven't had an issue of saving words via XT9, but the keyboard wigs out when I use PIE. I wish I could get that part fixed, maybe I would release my ROM lol. I feel like I've hit a brick wall with it though. I have looked through all the files I could think of, but nothing works.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Have you considered using a 32Mb Page Pool? I haven't tried your ROM, but maybe if get the custom dictionary thing fixed I will give it a try. I've been using v3 of OMJ's ROM for the last couple of days and the 32Mb Page Pool made a huge improvement for speed.

Also, did you apply any of the reg hacks to speed it up?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Can't anyone change the page pool using that page pool changing utility on the nbh file? I've been using that before flashing all these custom ROMs.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development