PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Flashing How-To. Updated 5/23/08 to Include Quick GPS/Rev-A How-To (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17473)

jim2561 02-02-2008 05:05 PM

Flashing How-To. Updated 5/23/08 to Include Quick GPS/Rev-A How-To

This first part is for NON gps/rev a roms...if you are looking for a quick how-to for gps/rev a...look down at the bottom where it says "GPS/REV A STUFF"

THIS IS ONLY FOR THE HTC CDMA TOUCH (VOGUE) !!

i know this first post here is now real long, but READ IT ALL before posting/pm'ing anyone. trust me, you will get through it all...every last word.
(dont get all scared either, this cant ruin your phone. if you are stuck at the htc boot screen, your device is not bricked. if you are stuck at a rainbow/tricolor screen, your phone is not bricked. have faith and patience! :) )

this method is for a pc running Microsoft Windows XP. if this is not your situation, still continue reading as there are methods for virtually every case.

ive been told that imcokeman's vogue unlocker will not work from a partitioned drive, though im not sure if thats the case.

if you know what flashing/the benefits of flashing are, skip this paragraph; if not, read on. flashing could be likened to installing a different Operating System on your PC. keep in mind, however, that when flashing roms to phones/pdas, the roms ARE DEVICE SPECIFIC. if you find an awesome rom for the titan and LOVE it, but you yourself have a kaiser, forget it. only roms made specifically for your device (and no, even if you have a cdma device, and they make a gsm version of your device, it still will not work) will work for your device. the benefits/advantages of flashing a custom rom onto your device are speed enhancements, addition/removal of programs/settings/reg settings you want or dont want.
now for how to..

for some slight insight on using a Mac, have a look down to the bottom where it says "HERE IS THE BOTTOM" after reading everything else, and/or go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ighlight=macos

for how to on Vista, look down to the bottom where it says "HERE IS THE BOTTOM" after reading everything else, and/or simply remove any sd cards you might have and follow below directions as normal, and/or go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=292631

linux users: still read everything here, but have a look down at the bottom where it says "HERE IS THE BOTTOM"

for those who don't know this, flashing your phone also performs the same functions a hard reset would. all your previous apps, contacts, registry tweaks, etc will be gone. also, when you flash someone elses custom rom onto your device, keep in mind that they may have cooked in their own apps and registry tweaks.

ok, go ahead and go to this http://rapidshare.com/files/88767429/RUU.zip.html rapidshare link, and download the ruu.zip there. (if this does not work, navigate to \vogue\users on the ftp, and you should find "RUU.zip" there. if not, go to the folder there titled "jim256-jim2561" and you should find "RUU.zip" there.)

if for some reason you are unable to download the ruu from the above link/location, try my ftp dir here: ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/jim256%20-%20jim2561

download whatever rom image you want

if the rom you download is in nbh format (something.nbh), read on and skip step 7.
if the rom you dowloaded is an exe (something.exe), read on and skip steps 5 and 8 (or use winrar or a similar program to extract the .nbh from the .exe)

then, get imcokeman 's 0.4.0 vogue unlocker tool here

for those who arent sure, you never have to have ActiveSync synchronized for this to work. you just have to have it connected, with ActiveSync recognizing that the device is there and plugged in.

1. backup all contacts/data/etc..
2. ensure your device is connected to your pc via activesync.
3. run imcokeman 's vogue unlocker and follow ALL instructions in the command prompt exactly .
4. once you have booted back up into wm and are connected to activesync again (dont worry about setting up your device again because you're just going to flash it again and erase all that in a second anyway) extract the ruu.zip to somewhere convenient.
5. (FOLLOW THIS STEP ONLY IF THE ROM YOU DOWNLOADED IS AND NBH) stick the rom you downloaded (should be something.nbh -- if the file extension is NOT NBH, stop; this will get you nowhere. as i stated above, roms are device specific, you cannot install another devices rom to your vogue.) into the RUU folder from the rapidshare/ftp link.
6a. (power-camera reset) press and hold both the camera button and the power button (top), and poke the stylus into the reset hole. you should then be presented with the tricolor screen and near the top you should see something like coke 0.4.0 ( if you do not see the coke 0.4.0, then dont bother trying to flash your device. if it does not say coke 0.4.0, the device is not unlocked, and you need to start at step 3 again).
7. (FOLLOW THIS STEP ONLY IF YHE ROM YOU DOWNLOADED IS AN EXECUTABLE). run the exe!
8. (FOLLOW THIS STEP ONLY IF THE ROM YOU DOWNLOADED IS AN NBH) run ROMUpdateUtility.exe in the ruu folder you downloaded and extracted.
9. follow the steps, be patient, be careful, and whala!
10. thank imcokeman and whoever you downloaded your rom image from.

good luck.

also, for all those that keep asking about this and are worried about this, yes, the version discrepancy is completely normal in the ruu before updating. it just means v1 of the cookers rom, so even if it is a version lower than 1.12.651.1, that is ok.
whenever you flash a custom rom, it says whatever they want it so say in the ruu, so even if it doesnt say 1.12.651.1, that doesnt mean that it is downgraded, it is just the version of the custom rom builders rom.

HERE IS THE BOTTOM
ok, for those vista/mac/linux users, there is another method of flashing., courtesy of pnyce777 in post #42 and on. this method is via the sd card. it is not required that you do step one if your card is already fat32. i will update this post as we gain more knowledge

1. Format your MicroSD card to FAT32 (YES - FAT 32 32 32!! not just plain old FAT) (again, this is not required if your card is already fat32; it is ok to have other data on the card). I have read that the card needs to be 2gb or smaller, though I'm not sure how much truth, if any, there is to that...
2. Extract the .NBH you desire to flash from the exe or zip or w/e put it on the microsd card rename it from RUU_signed.nbh to VOGUIMG.NBH
3.Put the MicroSD card in your phone and Get To the BOOTLOADER screen (camer+power+reset) it should then start updating with the .NBH on the SD card and the procedure should begin automatically.

you can also use this procedure to unlock your phone by flashing the .nbh from Cokemans unlocker just extract it and rename it VOGUIMG.NBH or if your stuck at that HTC screen and cant sync because your phone wont boot up.

i will try to provide support on this as i can, but as i have never used this method myself, pnyce777 is probably a far better resource if he is available and willing.

sorry this is now so long, wasnt supposed to be in the first place. but if you're not already used to a lot of reading, this is a good first step, because you will need to be doing a LOT of reading.

GPS/REV A STUFF:
Quick How-To for gps/rev a flash/upgrade
IMPORTANT!!! ONLY SPRINT users follow below steps 5 and 8-11!! Altell users can follow all the steps except step 5 as long as they use a different ppst.exe, not the one mentioned below.

ok well i just made up this list a while ago to help someone out, and have ended up giving it to quite a few ppl now, so i figured i might as well post it here under an appropriate title for all to easily see and access.

i know dharvey wrote a great tutorial, and that there are prob others, but..what the heck. plus this is pretty quick and easy, though i cant say that it is as full and thought out and great as dharvey4651's (thx man!)...

"#1- Backup all pim info and anything else you might want (yes flashing will erase/wipe out E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!)
#2- Ensure you are currently running your carriers original official oem rom (os and radio) (if you have never flashed it at all then dont worry youre good to go).
#3- Unlock using imcokemans 2.31 unlocker (this for gps roms)
#4- run the sprint leaked rom.exe (here, close to the bottom where it says "original rom")
#5- SPRINT ONLY: allow all customizations to complete and run (i know - it takes a lil while)
#6- flash to desired gps(/rev a) enabled rom (should be a 3.xx rom)
#7- after she's all booted up, hard-reset.
#8- download and run cab from here (altell users run your own ppst stuff, non-sprint and non-altell users SKIP TO STEP 12): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=139
#9- allow soft-rest.
#10- navigate to \windows folder and run ppst.exe
#11- allow soft reset.
#12- allow boot-up, customize, restore pim info etc...

credit to boggsie and so many others..."

----------------------------------
If I've helped you out, $1 would be more than appreciated! :) donate. thanks

DesiChora 02-02-2008 06:45 PM

Nicely written. Thanks!

Musicman247 02-02-2008 08:04 PM

Excellent walk through. I used it myself!

bugzy 02-02-2008 08:29 PM

Thanks !! worked :)

PlainShane 02-02-2008 09:05 PM

Thank you, please keep updated with specifics as you find inspiration to do so.

jim2561 02-02-2008 09:08 PM

will do, glad i could help you guys.

anyone who see's any errors i made, or things i could mention or say better, please feel free to let me know via pm/posting here.

thanks.

bugzy 02-02-2008 10:17 PM

Im not sure if its important to mention, but it took a really long time to boot after the burn for the first time.

I did hard reset, and still took long time to boot, seems to just be because i havent hard reset the device before. But maybe mentioning it, that it stays on the Windows green screen for lil while, just to wait.

jim2561 02-02-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugzy (Post 175548)
Im not sure if its important to mention, but it took a really long time to boot after the burn for the first time.

I did hard reset, and still took long time to boot, seems to just be because i havent hard reset the device before. But maybe mentioning it, that it stays on the Windows green screen for lil while, just to wait.

ya, that is very common after flashing/hard-resetting. this is just the process during which the device is restoring itself to its original state and configuring and installing apps via whatever rom image you have on it, which would obviously take some time.

TRUELIGHT 02-03-2008 01:41 AM

Error [240] : File Open

The Update Utility can not open the requested file. Please check your Update Utility
THIS IS THE ERROR MESSAGE I GET WHEN I TRY (baseKit-V Build 104.rar) ROM ON MY TOUCH HELP PLEASE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim2561 (Post 175245)
remember this COULD PERMANANTLY ruin your phone.

for those who don't know this, flashing your phone also performs the same functions a hard reset would. all your previous apps, contacts, registry tweaks, etc will be gone. also, when you flash someone elses custom rom onto your device, keep in mind that they may have cooked in their own apps and registry tweaks.

ok, go ahead and go to this http://rapidshare.com/files/88672966/RUU.zip.html rapidshare link, and download the ruu.zip there.

download whatever rom image you want.

then, get imcokeman 's latest vogue unlocker tool.

for those who arent sure, you never have to have ActiveSync synchronized for this to work. you just have to have it connected, with ActiveSync recognizing that the device is there and plugged in.

1. backup all contacts/data/etc..
2. ensure your device is connected to your pc via activesync.
3. run imcokeman 's vogue unlocker and follow ALL instructions in the command prompt exactly .
4. once you have booted back up into wm and are connected to activesync again (dont worry about setting up your device again because you're just going to flash it agian and erase all that in a second anyway) extract the ruu.zip to somewhere convenient.
5. stick the rom you downloaded (should be something.nbh) into the RUU folder from the rapidshare link.
6. press and hold both the camera button and the power button (top), and poke the stylus into the reset hole. you should then be presented with the tricolor screen and near the top you should see something like coke 0.4.0.
7. run ROMUpdateUtility.exe in the ruu folder you downloaded and extracted.
8. follow the steps, be patient, be careful, and whala!
9. thank imcokeman and whoever you downloaded your rom image from.

good luck.

mods please make sticky as many people are unclear on how to flash. thanks.

Musicman247 02-03-2008 01:50 AM

Mkae sure you follow the directions exactly.

You have to extract the .nbh file from the rar and put that nbh file in to the ruu folder.

jim2561 02-03-2008 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRUELIGHT (Post 175699)
The Update Utility can not open the requested file. Please check your Update Utility
THIS IS THE ERROR MESSAGE I GET WHEN I TRY (baseKit-V Build 104.rar) ROM ON MY TOUCH HELP PLEASE!

if anyone else gets this error, be sure and follow musicman's advice. make sure to follow the directions to the letter. if you screw something up, dont panic; you can almost always hold the power and camera buttons, poke the reset hole, and start over again.

for anyone else getting an error code, be sure to dl the latest ruu.zip (from first post) with the readme.doc in it, which diagnoses and explains the error codes.

ajk511 02-03-2008 05:40 AM

great write up

Ya Boi D 02-03-2008 05:58 AM

Thanks for the step by step.........1 question though..........If you create a SPRITE back-up before you flash the ROM with the new 6.1, could you just restore 6.0 by doing a restore if you don't like 6.1 or will you just be stuck with 6.1 ? TIA

bujd 02-03-2008 01:27 PM

These instructions are for a box running XP. I know I need to undertake additional steps on a Vista box, but am unsure what they are. Help anyone?

jim2561 02-03-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ya Boi D (Post 175830)
Thanks for the step by step.........1 question though..........If you create a SPRITE back-up before you flash the ROM with the new 6.1, could you just restore 6.0 by doing a restore if you don't like 6.1 or will you just be stuck with 6.1 ? TIA

if you decided that you did not like 6.1, and wanted to go back to 6.0, a simple SPB or Sprite or other back-up would not do it as they really have nothing to do with rom/core os files.

if you wanted to go back to 6.0, you would simply need to re-flash your device back to the original OEM rom.

jim2561 02-03-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bujd (Post 175986)
These instructions are for a box running XP. I know I need to undertake additional steps on a Vista box, but am unsure what they are. Help anyone?

sorry i forgot to specify this, will update first post.

as for how to do it on vista, i believe there is a thread over at xda on how to.

JayMike 02-04-2008 06:17 PM

And for those mac users?

Merckle 02-04-2008 09:55 PM

I keep getting a problem when formatting. I tried formatting the card to Fat32...No Luck
Then every time I goto disconnect and reconnect activesync doesnt reconzie it.

Sorry for the noob question.

etx 02-04-2008 10:29 PM

Is their a way to make a backup of the stock rom? Or a place to download it?

Merckle 02-04-2008 10:47 PM

Lol trial and error one to many times and whala. I got it

jim2561 02-05-2008 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayMike (Post 176987)
And for those mac users?

check the beginning of first post, sorry, i dont have nor could i find much good information on flashing with a mac. vmware?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merckle (Post 177197)
Lol trial and error one to many times and whala. I got it

good to hear you got it working.

Quote:

Originally Posted by etx (Post 177187)
Is their a way to make a backup of the stock rom? Or a place to download it?

check out the ftp, there is a stock sprint vogue rom, and others too i believe.

ericpd 02-05-2008 01:15 AM

My question is about the RAR file and how to extract the new ROM files from it. I've seen 'RAR' before but never had a reason to figure out how to prepare a meal from one,... until now! I'm assuming it's a type of compression, sorta like zip. Could someone quickly tell me the utility I need to extract the files? I'm wanting to use this RAR file "nueROM-V wm61 Build 100" to put in the ruu folder. Thanks!

jim2561 02-05-2008 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericpd (Post 177338)
My question is about the RAR file and how to extract the new ROM files from it. I've seen 'RAR' before but never had a reason to figure out how to prepare a meal from one,... until now! I'm assuming it's a type of compression, sorta like zip. Could someone quickly tell me the utility I need to extract the files? I'm wanting to use this RAR file "nueROM-V wm61 Build 100" to put in the ruu folder. Thanks!

winrar - just google it and download the latest version :)

ericpd 02-05-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim2561 (Post 177385)
winrar - just google it and download the latest version :)

Thanks much Jim! Well here goes!!!

atbcrash 02-06-2008 08:23 AM

JD's WM 6.1 fury ROM....

My phone is unlocked and I already downloaded this file. Now how do I install JD's Fury ROM? I am really confused here. Thanks

ericpd 02-06-2008 07:14 PM

Thanks Jim2561 for the finger point to Winrar. Everything worked fine. I've confirmed the installation of 6.1 the only way I knew how,... I started a text message back-n-forth with my daughter. And yep,... it's threaded. However, there are some things I'm either missing, can't find, or I'm completely confused.

First I noticed that none of the sprint stuff loaded after the last hard reset in the process. Even after a manual Hard Reset, which I was afraid would send it back to 6.0 but it didin't, I'm still missing that routine that puts the sprint junk on. That said,... there's no sprint TV, On Demand, Windows Live stuff, or the new Sprint Mail (old versa mail). I'm also noticing that the battery icon is missing from the top bar, and has been replaced with a two line Date & Time icon.

Any suggestions on getting these back? Thanks

Oh,... the instructions were straight forward and easy to follow,... and I'm a complete noob/idiot when it comes to this stuff. Thanks much!

jim2561 02-06-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atbcrash (Post 178734)
My phone is unlocked and I already downloaded this file. Now how do I install JD's Fury ROM? I am really confused here. Thanks

did you read the entire first post? if you have it unlocked, and are ready to flash the custom rom to your device, start at step 5. what exactly are you confused about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericpd (Post 179236)
Thanks Jim2561 for the finger point to Winrar. Everything worked fine. I've confirmed the installation of 6.1 the only way I knew how,... I started a text message back-n-forth with my daughter. And yep,... it's threaded. However, there are some things I'm either missing, can't find, or I'm completely confused.

First I noticed that none of the sprint stuff loaded after the last hard reset in the process. Even after a manual Hard Reset, which I was afraid would send it back to 6.0 but it didin't, I'm still missing that routine that puts the sprint junk on. That said,... there's no sprint TV, On Demand, Windows Live stuff, or the new Sprint Mail (old versa mail). I'm also noticing that the battery icon is missing from the top bar, and has been replaced with a two line Date & Time icon.

Oh,... the instructions were straight forward and easy to follow,... and I'm a complete noob/idiot when it comes to this stuff. Thanks much!

which rom are you using? most roms dont come with these things installed - these are referred to as "clean" roms. this allows more storage and ram, and allows the user to install what they want and what they want only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericpd (Post 179236)

no problem! glad to hear you got things working!

ericpd 02-06-2008 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=jim2561;179314]did you read the entire first post? if you have it unlocked, and are ready to flash the custom rom to your device, start at step 5. what exactly are you confused about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim2561 (Post 179314)
which rom are you using? most roms dont come with these things installed - these are referred to as "clean" roms. this allows more storage and ram, and allows the user to install what they want and what they want only.

It's titled 'RUU_signed.nbh' AFTER Winrar and 'nueROM-V wm61 Build 100' BEFORE Winrar. What I DL'd was a rar file named,... nueROM-V wm61 Build 100. Does this help?

Quote:

no problem! glad to hear you got things working!

Yeah, it only took me one time,... well 1.5 times. Took me a moment to figure out that I wasn't suppose to use the RUU the unlocker launched,... but the RUU in the zipped RUU folder I downloaded earlier. Made sense that if I put the ROM image in that folder then I should use the RUU app in that folder as well. Using the RUU that the unlocker launched for me did nothing.

I've noticed some other things a bit different,... some better, some will take some getting used to. I just wanna get my battery level indicator back on my upper bar and the Sprint TV, Windows Live and On Demand stuff back. I've also noticed that in the launcher, the File Explorer icon has replaced the Sprint TV icon, but it's still there on the Cube. And also, File Explorer on the Launcher doesn't work. It's seems to act like a dead link.

jim2561 02-06-2008 10:36 PM

[quote=ericpd;179403]
Quote:

did you read the entire first post? if you have it unlocked, and are ready to flash the custom rom to your device, start at step 5. what exactly are you confused about?

It's titled 'RUU_signed.nbh' AFTER Winrar and 'nueROM-V wm61 Build 100' BEFORE Winrar. What I DL'd was a rar file named,... nueROM-V wm61 Build 100. Does this help?

Yeah, it only took me one time,... well 1.5 times. Took me a moment to figure out that I wasn't suppose to use the RUU the unlocker launched,... but the RUU in the zipped RUU folder I downloaded earlier. Made sense that if I put the ROM image in that folder then I should use the RUU app in that folder as well. Using the RUU that the unlocker launched for me did nothing.

I've noticed some other things a bit different,... some better, some will take some getting used to. I just wanna get my battery level indicator back on my upper bar and the Sprint TV, Windows Live and On Demand stuff back. I've also noticed that in the launcher, the File Explorer icon has replaced the Sprint TV icon, but it's still there on the Cube. And also, File Explorer on the Launcher doesn't work. It's seems to act like a dead link.

lol, sorry, i was referring to atbcrash's problems.

but, good that you replied, because the build you are using is quite old. go to the ftp again of no2chem (or to his post for the link and info) and you will see that we are now at build 107, which seems to run pretty great.

i have posted a link to windows live in that thread as well i think.

jjotmo 02-06-2008 10:41 PM

thanks i'm glad to see some people still understand what it's like to be a "noob"

jim2561 02-06-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjotmo (Post 179477)
thanks i'm glad to see some people still understand what it's like to be a "noob"

haha ya, you bet.

imneveral0ne 02-06-2008 11:18 PM

ive got the "coke 0.4.0" to pop up on my phone when im installing my new rom. but every time it starts to put it on there, my phone un-syncs, and in about 15 seconds i get "ERROR [260] : CONNECTION". I read the readme, and restarted my device and ran RUU again. then i restarted my computer and ran RUU again. both times it does the same thing. i have even uninstalled and reinstalled activesync. it still does the same thing. any pointers would be really appreciated.

imneveral0ne 02-07-2008 12:25 AM

now my phone wont even sync up for some reason. im starting to think its an active sync problem. i dont think its uninstalling completely. i'll uninstall it and there are no profiles left in documents and setings/microsoft/activesync/ or something like that. but after i reinstall it, it still recognizes that there are 2 profiles on there from last time and i should delete one of em to make room for the new one on the computer. it doesnt make any sense.

thejinx0r 02-07-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim2561 (Post 177297)
check out the ftp, there is a stock sprint vogue rom, and others too i believe.

Is there an actual "easy" way of getting the rom from the device?

I have BELL CDMA touch, not a sprint one.
the use Mbote sort of has one, but not totally sure on what it is exactly.

I'm curious as to try some of the roms, but not curious enough to go ahead without a backup plan.

nvm, should have done a search first.

jim2561 02-07-2008 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imneveral0ne (Post 179538)
now my phone wont even sync up for some reason. im starting to think its an active sync problem. i dont think its uninstalling completely. i'll uninstall it and there are no profiles left in documents and setings/microsoft/activesync/ or something like that. but after i reinstall it, it still recognizes that there are 2 profiles on there from last time and i should delete one of em to make room for the new one on the computer. it doesnt make any sense.

thats really strange, I havent seen this before. you are starting out from the tricolor screen then right? without activesync recognizing the device?
from the tricolor screen is where you start to run the ruu correct?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejinx0r (Post 179544)
Is there an actual "easy" way of getting the rom from the device?

I have BELL CDMA touch, not a sprint one.
the use Mbote sort of has one, but not totally sure on what it is exactly.

I'm curious as to try some of the roms, but not curious enough to go ahead without a backup plan.

nvm, should have done a search first.

did you find what you were looking for then? if so, please post a link here for others.

dew.man 02-07-2008 05:50 AM

Does anyone know if it's possible to flash an nbh directly from SD (as with the Titan)?

ericpd 02-07-2008 10:05 AM

Any word of advice on how to get SOME of the missing Sprint stuff back after a 6.1 flash would be greatly appreciated. After much reading and research last nite, I'm still at the same corner on Confusion Avenue. I did learn that the Sprint stuff is put on the phone after every hard reset via a suit of cab files and there's a script named 'Run Sprint_TSK.Ink' whose job it is to run and install all the cabs and plugins that make up the famed Sprint Junk files. I've isolated the identity of some of these files, but when I tried to find them on a fresh Touch (the wife's), they're nowhere to be found. I did notice that right before the script completed it's job of Sprintizing the phone, 'Removing...?.?.?' was the last thing that flashed across the bottom of the screen. So it's possible all the cabs were removed AFTER they were installed. But what about the plugins? They should still be there,.... Right???

I just wanna get On Demand, Sprint TV, msn Messenger, and Sprint Mail running. It would also be nice to get that stupid 'Date/Time' readout out of the space where my battery status readout us to be. Get those done and I'm in heaven.

Someone earlier said that the ONLY reason to go through this was to get the benefits of threaded SMS,... we it seems to run faster under 6.1. Maybe just in my head, but it's my perception so far. Zooming in IE ain't bad either.

Thanks for any help!

mr.BeBoT 02-07-2008 01:37 PM

ericpd here's a thread to get you started, I know it may not have everything you asked for but it's a decent list of the 'stock' sprint stuff.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17801

Here is the link to TV
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=156

On Demand and Messenger you can actually d/l by browsing to the site on PIE.

ericpd 02-07-2008 05:57 PM

Hey thanks BeBot. Actually, I'm reading thru a rather long thread right now (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17301&page=2) that is answering a lot of my early questions. Don't know why I didn't stumbel across it last nite in my searching.

I tried finding Messenger from the Windows Mobile Extra site and got a 'no go' I'll try it again now. But thanks for the pointing finger towards On Demand and TV!

Also,... I'm beginning to find out that the 6.1 Rom I used is rather old. So I'm now reading up on the 107 build, but having trouble understanding kitchen and basket (basekit???), and what thier roles are and how they fit into all of this! Didn't see those terms when reading up on the 100 build.

Gotta say I'm rather enjoying this!

dereknjenny04 02-07-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericpd (Post 180111)
Hey thanks BeBot. Actually, I'm reading thru a rather long thread right now (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17301&page=2) that is answering a lot of my early questions. Don't know why I didn't stumbel across it last nite in my searching.

I tried finding Messenger from the Windows Mobile Extra site and got a 'no go' I'll try it again now. But thanks for the pointing finger towards On Demand and TV!

Also,... I'm beginning to find out that the 6.1 Rom I used is rather old. So I'm now reading up on the 107 build, but having trouble understanding kitchen and basket (basekit???), and what thier roles are and how they fit into all of this! Didn't see those terms when reading up on the 100 build.

Gotta say I'm rather enjoying this!

I just finished a CAB for Windows Live/Messenger that came with the Sprint Touch. I had to soft reset after installation, but it seems to be working. I was able to log into Instant Messenger and send/recieve messages.

I can post it if you like.