PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Flashing How-To. Updated 5/23/08 to Include Quick GPS/Rev-A How-To (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17473)

jim2561 02-05-2008 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayMike (Post 176987)
And for those mac users?

check the beginning of first post, sorry, i dont have nor could i find much good information on flashing with a mac. vmware?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merckle (Post 177197)
Lol trial and error one to many times and whala. I got it

good to hear you got it working.

Quote:

Originally Posted by etx (Post 177187)
Is their a way to make a backup of the stock rom? Or a place to download it?

check out the ftp, there is a stock sprint vogue rom, and others too i believe.

ericpd 02-05-2008 01:15 AM

My question is about the RAR file and how to extract the new ROM files from it. I've seen 'RAR' before but never had a reason to figure out how to prepare a meal from one,... until now! I'm assuming it's a type of compression, sorta like zip. Could someone quickly tell me the utility I need to extract the files? I'm wanting to use this RAR file "nueROM-V wm61 Build 100" to put in the ruu folder. Thanks!

jim2561 02-05-2008 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericpd (Post 177338)
My question is about the RAR file and how to extract the new ROM files from it. I've seen 'RAR' before but never had a reason to figure out how to prepare a meal from one,... until now! I'm assuming it's a type of compression, sorta like zip. Could someone quickly tell me the utility I need to extract the files? I'm wanting to use this RAR file "nueROM-V wm61 Build 100" to put in the ruu folder. Thanks!

winrar - just google it and download the latest version :)

ericpd 02-05-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim2561 (Post 177385)
winrar - just google it and download the latest version :)

Thanks much Jim! Well here goes!!!

atbcrash 02-06-2008 08:23 AM

JD's WM 6.1 fury ROM....

My phone is unlocked and I already downloaded this file. Now how do I install JD's Fury ROM? I am really confused here. Thanks

ericpd 02-06-2008 07:14 PM

Thanks Jim2561 for the finger point to Winrar. Everything worked fine. I've confirmed the installation of 6.1 the only way I knew how,... I started a text message back-n-forth with my daughter. And yep,... it's threaded. However, there are some things I'm either missing, can't find, or I'm completely confused.

First I noticed that none of the sprint stuff loaded after the last hard reset in the process. Even after a manual Hard Reset, which I was afraid would send it back to 6.0 but it didin't, I'm still missing that routine that puts the sprint junk on. That said,... there's no sprint TV, On Demand, Windows Live stuff, or the new Sprint Mail (old versa mail). I'm also noticing that the battery icon is missing from the top bar, and has been replaced with a two line Date & Time icon.

Any suggestions on getting these back? Thanks

Oh,... the instructions were straight forward and easy to follow,... and I'm a complete noob/idiot when it comes to this stuff. Thanks much!

jim2561 02-06-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atbcrash (Post 178734)
My phone is unlocked and I already downloaded this file. Now how do I install JD's Fury ROM? I am really confused here. Thanks

did you read the entire first post? if you have it unlocked, and are ready to flash the custom rom to your device, start at step 5. what exactly are you confused about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericpd (Post 179236)
Thanks Jim2561 for the finger point to Winrar. Everything worked fine. I've confirmed the installation of 6.1 the only way I knew how,... I started a text message back-n-forth with my daughter. And yep,... it's threaded. However, there are some things I'm either missing, can't find, or I'm completely confused.

First I noticed that none of the sprint stuff loaded after the last hard reset in the process. Even after a manual Hard Reset, which I was afraid would send it back to 6.0 but it didin't, I'm still missing that routine that puts the sprint junk on. That said,... there's no sprint TV, On Demand, Windows Live stuff, or the new Sprint Mail (old versa mail). I'm also noticing that the battery icon is missing from the top bar, and has been replaced with a two line Date & Time icon.

Oh,... the instructions were straight forward and easy to follow,... and I'm a complete noob/idiot when it comes to this stuff. Thanks much!

which rom are you using? most roms dont come with these things installed - these are referred to as "clean" roms. this allows more storage and ram, and allows the user to install what they want and what they want only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericpd (Post 179236)

no problem! glad to hear you got things working!

ericpd 02-06-2008 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=jim2561;179314]did you read the entire first post? if you have it unlocked, and are ready to flash the custom rom to your device, start at step 5. what exactly are you confused about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim2561 (Post 179314)
which rom are you using? most roms dont come with these things installed - these are referred to as "clean" roms. this allows more storage and ram, and allows the user to install what they want and what they want only.

It's titled 'RUU_signed.nbh' AFTER Winrar and 'nueROM-V wm61 Build 100' BEFORE Winrar. What I DL'd was a rar file named,... nueROM-V wm61 Build 100. Does this help?

Quote:

no problem! glad to hear you got things working!

Yeah, it only took me one time,... well 1.5 times. Took me a moment to figure out that I wasn't suppose to use the RUU the unlocker launched,... but the RUU in the zipped RUU folder I downloaded earlier. Made sense that if I put the ROM image in that folder then I should use the RUU app in that folder as well. Using the RUU that the unlocker launched for me did nothing.

I've noticed some other things a bit different,... some better, some will take some getting used to. I just wanna get my battery level indicator back on my upper bar and the Sprint TV, Windows Live and On Demand stuff back. I've also noticed that in the launcher, the File Explorer icon has replaced the Sprint TV icon, but it's still there on the Cube. And also, File Explorer on the Launcher doesn't work. It's seems to act like a dead link.

jim2561 02-06-2008 10:36 PM

[quote=ericpd;179403]
Quote:

did you read the entire first post? if you have it unlocked, and are ready to flash the custom rom to your device, start at step 5. what exactly are you confused about?

It's titled 'RUU_signed.nbh' AFTER Winrar and 'nueROM-V wm61 Build 100' BEFORE Winrar. What I DL'd was a rar file named,... nueROM-V wm61 Build 100. Does this help?

Yeah, it only took me one time,... well 1.5 times. Took me a moment to figure out that I wasn't suppose to use the RUU the unlocker launched,... but the RUU in the zipped RUU folder I downloaded earlier. Made sense that if I put the ROM image in that folder then I should use the RUU app in that folder as well. Using the RUU that the unlocker launched for me did nothing.

I've noticed some other things a bit different,... some better, some will take some getting used to. I just wanna get my battery level indicator back on my upper bar and the Sprint TV, Windows Live and On Demand stuff back. I've also noticed that in the launcher, the File Explorer icon has replaced the Sprint TV icon, but it's still there on the Cube. And also, File Explorer on the Launcher doesn't work. It's seems to act like a dead link.

lol, sorry, i was referring to atbcrash's problems.

but, good that you replied, because the build you are using is quite old. go to the ftp again of no2chem (or to his post for the link and info) and you will see that we are now at build 107, which seems to run pretty great.

i have posted a link to windows live in that thread as well i think.

jjotmo 02-06-2008 10:41 PM

thanks i'm glad to see some people still understand what it's like to be a "noob"