PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Flashing How-To. Updated 5/23/08 to Include Quick GPS/Rev-A How-To (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17473)

gedster314 04-08-2008 05:38 PM

Re: Flashing How To

Well still haven't solved the problem. I think I'll bail on it. Since I just found out that a Sprint Service center is only 2 miles away. If I take the phone there i don't have to pay the $50 detuctable. Just seems like a painless way to get out of this mess.

Thanks to all who have helped in PMs and posts.

jim2561 04-08-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gedster314 (Post 244323)
Well still haven't solved the problem. I think I'll bail on it. Since I just found out that a Sprint Service center is only 2 miles away. If I take the phone there i don't have to pay the $50 detuctable. Just seems like a painless way to get out of this mess.

Thanks to all who have helped in PMs and posts.

ok well good luck with that! really wish i coulda helped ya out more.

No1ustad 04-14-2008 03:27 PM

This walkthrough was easy and invaluable. thanks! (first time flasher-wouldn't have w/o this tutorial)

fredcatsmommy 04-20-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman247 (Post 175706)
Mkae sure you follow the directions exactly.

You have to extract the .nbh file from the rar and put that nbh file in to the ruu folder.

I think I screwed up big. I unlocked and that seemed to go fine. I upgraded with a custom from OMJ. Now I stuck in the verizonwireless screen; doesn't even boot to WM. Hitting the reset just resets and brings the verizonwireless screen up again. Can anyone help?

jim2561 04-20-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy (Post 255109)
I think I screwed up big. I unlocked and that seemed to go fine. I upgraded with a custom from OMJ. Now I stuck in the verizonwireless screen; doesn't even boot to WM. Hitting the reset just resets and brings the verizonwireless screen up again. Can anyone help?

alrighty. well most likely it was just a bad flash, or a bad rom altogether.

hold the camera button, the power button, and poke the reset hole. make sure it says coke 0.4.0 or whatever. if so, proceed to flashing the same rom again.

if it does not say coke 0.4.0, the unlocking didnt work correctly, and you will need to flash the stock rom back, boot up into wm, then unlock once your connected to activesync.

continue to tell us whats going on providing lots of details and ask as many questions as you'd like! :)

good luck.

doknis 04-22-2008 03:18 PM

does anyone know how to install a GPS on the Sprint touch

jim2561 04-23-2008 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doknis (Post 256746)

hasnt been done yet sorry.

EDIT: thanks to more reading and musicman 247 I have figured that it can be and has been done on sprint devices as well as devices from other carriers. but..BE CAREFUL and READ! :)

good luck. gps and rev a here i come!

insol 04-24-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim2561 (Post 175245)

so as for different roms saying they are for different carriers, they are most likely just referring to having the different directories (/folders) for the carriers. so what that means is that a sprint rom would actually work just fine for you, but it may have things like sprint tv or on demand on the cube or other places. it will still function just fine and everything though. it would probably look a little different than the stock vzw rom (im not sure really how it looks) and such. the only way that you could get screwed having the wrong rom for your carrier is if you were flashing the radio as well. but since you're not (in most cases), it doesnt matter really. just be sure to check the roms threads about whether they include a radio or not.

so what you will need to do (for verizon -- replace refs below for your carrier) is:

1) download a kitchen: set of tools for creating/editing roms. dcd just finished his vogue kitchen; available here on xda in this vogue upgrading subforum. there is also lattisimo's older vogue kitchen available on the ftp site at ppc geeks ("qlinks" at top of page, ftp upload/download, vogue -> users -> lattisimo? (i think?)) (INSOL EDIT: could not find lattisimo -- but the list of users is here: ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/.
2) download a verizon titan/mogul/ppc 6800 kitchen from somewhere, look in the "sys" folder contained therein, and copy the "carrier vzw" or "verizon" or "carrier customizations - verizon" folder (it will be something like that) into the "sys" folder of the vogue kitchen you have downloaded. (INSOL EDIT: Titan kitchens can be obtained here: ppckitchen.org
3) delete whichever other carrier customization was already in that folder in the Vogue Kitchen (such as alltell or sprint or bell etc..)
4) run "buldit.bat" or "buildnb.bat" (or something similar) and flash your new rom that will be located in the "ruu" folder after the batch file (xxx.bat) is finished!

feel free to ask any more questions if that wasnt too clear (sorry :S) .

good luck!

This is great! Huge help for me to get started and hits right at the real bricking fear... In general (and assuming I follow the instructions properly) if the radio is not in the user-made custom ROM it seems safe... and avoid OEM carrier ROM unless it is for your carrier.

Musicman247 04-25-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doknis (Post 256746)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim2561 (Post 257353)
hasnt been done yet sorry.

Actually, the latest Alltel ROM works with Sprint (by most accounts) and includes Rev. A and with the right files enables GPS. Check the sticky in this forum.

jim2561 04-25-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman247 (Post 260088)
Actually, the latest Alltel ROM works with Sprint (by most accounts) and includes Rev. A and with the right files enables GPS. Check the sticky in this forum.

oops sorry ya i have read more now and understand that. will change post excuse my ignorance :S