PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM} Generic Base and Manilla Lite 23569. 5/8/2010

Okay guys, I've been working on this all day and think I got it figured out. I'm going to be uploading a 23569 Manilla 2.0 rom. This has the new manilla with the weather on the home page. So far the only downside is that you have to update your weather manually on the weather page, then after about 10mins the home page will automatically update. You either have to manually edit your registry for your home city or give post your zip and city name and I'll create a cab for you to install. Just let me know. I'm still a novice in making these roms, so test it out and let me know what you think and any problems. I'll be posting it soon, so hopefully you guys test it out for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff
Re: {ROM} Generic Base and Manilla 2.0 Lite 23569. 5/30/2010

First post updated with the Manilla 2.0 rom. Hope you guys test it and let me know what you think. If you want me to make a cab for your home weather just post zip and city name or send me a pm, and I'll try to make a cab for you soon as I can.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch 6900
Carrier: USCC

piperthedj is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to piperthedj

anyone have your unit power down for no apparent reason very frequently? to the point of sit in standby for 2 hours and down it goes. suggestions?

thanks
Old 06-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I've had the rom on my phone now for 3 days. The only issue I have was it looked like it was updating the weather automatically but then froze.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Anyone else download and try the new manilla rom yet. If you need your city updated let me know. I noticed that the weather does update by itself, just not sure when it does it.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: bell

krwilson is a n00b

Hey Brack21, tried this ROM and overall I do like it. BUT, personally I wish the weather wasn't on the home screen, I never use this feature in any ROM, but that's me. Thus I would like the ROM with the weather gone if possible. Other than that it runs fast and has many great features!
Old 06-02-2010, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: VZW

bigboy292000 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by krwilson View Post
Hey Brack21, tried this ROM and overall I do like it. BUT, personally I wish the weather wasn't on the home screen, I never use this feature in any ROM, but that's me. Thus I would like the ROM with the weather gone if possible. Other than that it runs fast and has many great features!
+1 on that...

I am not into the whole weather on home screen thing either, because I find that AccuWeather is more PITA than it's worth. Firstly - small towns are not on there and secondly - it is simply not as accurate as Weather.com or MSN Weather IMO...

I am actually going to flash my other Vogue (that I just replaced the digitizer on) with your older version of ROM that has older Manila in it - Manila Lite... which I love!!

Appreciate your work though; home weather is not my thing but someone else might dig it!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Cool, I like the home weather, plus since it updates itself, I don't have to keep updating it. When a new system comes out I'll make a old and new manilla lite rom.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch 6900
Carrier: USCC

piperthedj is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to piperthedj

been running the rom all week so far pretty nifty. the weather thing is pretty decent. not to keen on the home page as i dont use it too much. the power issue i mentioned in my previous post plagues me. not sure why. this rom is the only one to show issue.
pros
the small icons
multiple keyboards to choose from
very responsive
stable
blue tooth works fine

cons
the power thing- just shuts off for no reason- not sure why
data runs a little slow versus previous roms
phone has a 5 second delay before the unit rings
GPS wont fix

over all i give 7 out of 10
thanks for the rom
Old 06-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I have been running it for a week now and the only problem I have is an occasional need to reset it. I have no ring delay, and my gps locks within 10sec. I use garmin on my sd card. I haven't gotten to test out the internet yet, so can't comment on that. I got a lot more stuff in the rom I'm using too. I added arkswitch, AEB buttons, the sprint mms fix, phoneex, spoontorch, swypekeyboard. My older manilla rom never gave me the reset problem, but I have the pp set to 0, and this one is set to 24. I may try to redo the pp and see if the problem still happens. I really like the weather on the front page. I also like the them too. It seems to all fit together nice. There are other themes out there you all can download and try out. I think I'm mostly happy that I got the weather to work, and have it all cooked it where you really don't need to install any cabs, just your local city. I'm still waiting on a new system to come out. I'm going thru flash and cooking withdrawals.
I also want to say thanks to those who have downloaded and tried out the roms. I originally planned to just make roms for myself, because I didn't think I'd be any good at cooking, but thanks to LMiller for his help and guidance, I built the confidence to go ahead and share the roms, so that people would have an option to try them and possible use them on a regular basis.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development