PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM} Generic Base and Manilla Lite 23569. 5/8/2010

As for the office, i have not figured out why it can't be added. I'll just cook in a base rom with office 2010 in it for now on. I've decided to just make a base rom with nothing extra in it, base with manilla, and a base with manilla and office in it. I'll also make a base with manilla, office, sprint rom, since I use sprint. It will be good to go with the tethering zfactor, then u can add whatever cabs u want to it. So when a new sys build comes out, those will be the roms that I'll update the first post with.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

zfactor is a n00b

perfect. thank you!! also the apstodate shortcut does not work it shows a red opera icon and says it can not be started on the rom with office 2010 you made. not sure why. but i have pretty much everything figured out. i found a office cab that can be installed into your base rom but word and excel dont work with that one. but it does install. so its really weird.

now the one you made with office for me.... i can reinstall office into that one. so something is screwy. but i found all my cabs i pretty much need. the only one im looking for is the cab for that htc grey keyboard b-rom uses... i tried finger keyboard but its more than i need.

ill keep checking back because i need to get this phone up and running soon. and again thank you for the work..
Old 05-18-2010, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

zfactor is a n00b

also is there a way to remove the shorcuts on the htc home internet tab? the gmail, and accuweather etc that are there? other than that and the above everything seems okay so far
Old 05-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfactor View Post
also is there a way to remove the shorcuts on the htc home internet tab? the gmail, and accuweather etc that are there? other than that and the above everything seems okay so far
Using a regeditor goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\InternetW idget\Customized
Set CustomizedCount from 4 to 0
Delete the 0,1,2,3 Items under the above registry.

Soft reset and they will be gone...

Our you can change them to what you want...
Old 05-19-2010, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch 6900
Carrier: USCC

piperthedj is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to piperthedj

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack21 View Post
I was thinking of adding the swype keyboard into the roms. What do u all think of the swype keyboard?
read about it, watched stuff on it, never used it, could be interesting. i would be willing to give it a go. if you do, pelase make sure you cook in a standard keyboard as well in the event it doesnt pan out
Old 05-21-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch 6900
Carrier: USCC

piperthedj is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to piperthedj

is there a way to cook a rom that will work in landscape reliable? way back when, i used to be a huge landscape fan... i can set it in the settings, but it never sticks. just a curiosity. Brack, you have mentioned numerous times you are willing to cook a custom rom. if i gave you specs and preferences are you still willing? keep in mind, i am not a chef, i am a mere tester so i have no idea the time it takes to accomplish said task. just let me know, maybe i can take some of this and some of that from your various roms and kick them into high gear or something, just let me know. thanks in advance
Old 05-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

I've been doing a lot of traveling for work lately and I'm taking a break from making any custom roms right now. If a new sys comes out, I'll post a base and manilla lite new sys roms, but for custom roms I'll let you know when I can spend time on them.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

It's been a while for a new sys to come out. Hopefully one comes out soon. Maybe I'll cook a rom with the newer manilla in it. Maybe someone can figure the weather out. I tried a patch, which worked for updating the weather, but it screwed up home screen.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I may have a rom up with the new manilla, I think I got the weather issue fix, found some cabs that I think make it work, just need to test it out a little. Going to try to cook it all in the rom so you won't have to install any cabs to get it to work. The weather won't update automatically, you would have to update the weather tab and then the home page updates every couple mins. I think that's how it works.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Well I tried to get it working and it's not working. I can get the new manilla up and running, the weather doesn't update on it's own, you have to manually update it. The home screen updates after a couple mins with the home screen weather fix. You have overwrite the manilla.exe with a fix. If anyone wants I can make a rom and include the cabs and manilla.exe fix in the zip so you can install.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development