PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Q1: Include the Mega Dialer? Q2: Include EZInput?
Q1: Yes!!! 7 43.75%
Q1: NO... 4 25.00%
Q2: Yes!!! 9 56.25%
Q2: NO... 2 12.50%
All: Don't Care! Do what you Feel is Best! 5 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Miller_V15.0_23563 (4/21/10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Yeah, I looked into this for hours last night. Seems that for the Touch (Vogue) , the only way to retrieve pic mail is to click the link. I can't understand why, but I've found no fix.

Strange thing is, that on NFS's ROM when I click the link , it does default to Opera.

I really wish there was a fix for this, but guessing that there will never be one. The 6900 is old enough that it would have been done by now.
I will look into this.
Can you send me the CAB that you are using?

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
I will look into this.
Can you send me the CAB that you are using?

Thanks!
If I flash NFS and use this cab the pic mail works just like your built in Arcsoft. Threaded, but when I click the link it doesn't use IE, it goes to Opera 9.5 (I think that's the version).
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79-QVGA.cab (2.00 MB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Flashaholic!
Threadstarter

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

@All,

Yesterday I went to the VZW store to get a phone for the Wife... And after about an hour of trying to convince her to buy a TP2 I decided that I liked it too... So this Wednesday(hopefully Tuesday) I will be receiving my new TP2 in the mail!

With that being said I will STILL plan on releasing new versions of my ROM's for the Vogue as long as they are supported by you guys! And by that I mean still getting active Downloads... Version 15.0 has almost 200 DL's in 4 days, which i think is pretty good for a old device like this one! But nothing compared to what the latest Version of the TP2 MightyROM got in just two days, 8000 plus...(Not kidding) I don't plan on releasing my own ROM's for the TP2, but maybe with time... I have a lot to learn with the device first.

I do have a couple of testers lined up so we will be able to test out the data and other stuff that I can't do with my Vogue deactivated.

So Thanks for your continuing support of my work! It is fun to share!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch 6900
Carrier: USCC

piperthedj is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to piperthedj

hail to chef miller on a successful rom. you have asked for input so here we go.
first off i maxed out the page pool. runs semi speedy. hangs up a little after 5 or 6 apps running but i think i am going to lower and try again and see how that works. ill keep you posted.

programs
*as for the MAC theme, KUDOS!! thanks- from one user to another i am appreciative
* camera poor quality app. is there another someplace i can get? there was something called camera2 couple months back. any idea where it could have gone off to?
*iContacts- proven twitchy with my exchange server configuration at work and hence unusable
*not a netflix user but i keep it off the launcher and it dont bother me.
*having problems finding my city code for the weather app. is there a place i can get some instruction?
*i like the fngkb app. my thumbs are too bulky for the built in keyboard. any suggestion on how to keep the dern thing on? it shuts off on its own about once a day.
* like the google maps and bing together. i use them simultaneously all the time.
* especially like cleanRAM app. thanks
* games- frogger RULES, dope wars good time burner on a bus ride- havent got to golf yet but soon- cards and snake are always a good default.
* pandora what ever it is, wont start

issues
* during e-mail review, screen will automatically exit to home and scroll left right left right for no apparent reason any thoughts?
*e-mail with attachments OVER 100K has a tendency to give touchflo a need to restart
* blue tooth- i can get mp3's to play through headset, cant get calls to go through it though. i have tried disable stereo feature to no avail. however, if i dont have mp3 player going and call comes in goes straight to blue tooth. any thoughts on why this is happening?
* reminders on calendar have proven faulty. when i try to set them i am not given the normal drop down menu, its a jumble of 0000's. knowing how the reminders are supposed to look i count down and select and it sets the timer correctly, however the 000's are a potential concern.

i think that is all i have. my speculation is modify the page pool and most of these issues will fix themselves. ill keep you posted.

out of 10 stars i think i can confidently say this is a success and give it a solid 7.
keep up the great work and shoot a line if you need a tester for v16

thanks for your time.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

Thanks for all the help with making roms Miller. If it wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't be making roms. I'm sure eventually you will be making roms for the TP2. You roms are great.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Fierofiend is just getting started

Ok, well I upgraded from 4.1 to 15 and I'm having some issues. The first issue was that I had to reinstall Windows Live to get my hotmail to work. It just kept resetting itself. Also, now whenever I click on the text icon from the homescreen, it restarts touchflo. Any help with the text thing? Its pretty annoying.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Flashaholic!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierofiend View Post
Ok, well I upgraded from 4.1 to 15 and I'm having some issues. The first issue was that I had to reinstall Windows Live to get my hotmail to work. It just kept resetting itself. Also, now whenever I click on the text icon from the homescreen, it restarts touchflo. Any help with the text thing? Its pretty annoying.
Wow... From 4.1

Windows live issue is known. Sorry about that.

Not sure what is going on with the text icon and touchflo? Never seen that before. Have you installed anything else?
Old 04-26-2010, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Fierofiend is just getting started

Hmm, it must be something with M2DC. All I did was go into M2DC and hit 'restore' and now the text thing works, no other changes.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Flashaholic!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperthedj View Post
hail to chef miller on a successful rom. you have asked for input so here we go.
first off i maxed out the page pool. runs semi speedy. hangs up a little after 5 or 6 apps running but i think i am going to lower and try again and see how that works. ill keep you posted.

programs
*as for the MAC theme, KUDOS!! thanks- from one user to another i am appreciative
* camera poor quality app. is there another someplace i can get? there was something called camera2 couple months back. any idea where it could have gone off to?
*iContacts- proven twitchy with my exchange server configuration at work and hence unusable
*not a netflix user but i keep it off the launcher and it dont bother me.
*having problems finding my city code for the weather app. is there a place i can get some instruction?
*i like the fngkb app. my thumbs are too bulky for the built in keyboard. any suggestion on how to keep the dern thing on? it shuts off on its own about once a day.
* like the google maps and bing together. i use them simultaneously all the time.
* especially like cleanRAM app. thanks
* games- frogger RULES, dope wars good time burner on a bus ride- havent got to golf yet but soon- cards and snake are always a good default.
* pandora what ever it is, wont start

issues
* during e-mail review, screen will automatically exit to home and scroll left right left right for no apparent reason any thoughts?
*e-mail with attachments OVER 100K has a tendency to give touchflo a need to restart
* blue tooth- i can get mp3's to play through headset, cant get calls to go through it though. i have tried disable stereo feature to no avail. however, if i dont have mp3 player going and call comes in goes straight to blue tooth. any thoughts on why this is happening?
* reminders on calendar have proven faulty. when i try to set them i am not given the normal drop down menu, its a jumble of 0000's. knowing how the reminders are supposed to look i count down and select and it sets the timer correctly, however the 000's are a potential concern.

i think that is all i have. my speculation is modify the page pool and most of these issues will fix themselves. ill keep you posted.

out of 10 stars i think i can confidently say this is a success and give it a solid 7.
keep up the great work and shoot a line if you need a tester for v16

thanks for your time.
Thanks!

*The camera is the newest one for the Vogue. 5.xxxx
*icontacts works fine for me. But if you want to not use it goto the windows folder and find Contact_Choice.mscr double click it and press "Yes".
*Your city might not be one there, you can either find the nearest of do a regedit and add it yourself. If you need help stop over at the Vogue IRC Chat room.
*To make your fngkb your default go to the SIP menu accessed my *Quickmenu/SIP and select that one.
*Google maps 4.1 is coming with the new release!
*Golf is addicting!
*Pandora is a Streaming music program. Works pretty well.

issues
1. - 2. Those are new to me... Anyone else have these issue?
3. I don't use the bluetooth so it is hard for me to test...
4. Reminders work great for me...

For me I found the Best pagepool setting it 20. My next versions will be set to that!

Thanks for your feedback a kind words!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch 6900
Carrier: USCC

piperthedj is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to piperthedj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Thanks!

*The camera is the newest one for the Vogue. 5.xxxx
*icontacts works fine for me. But if you want to not use it goto the windows folder and find Contact_Choice.mscr double click it and press "Yes".
*Your city might not be one there, you can either find the nearest of do a regedit and add it yourself. If you need help stop over at the Vogue IRC Chat room.
*To make your fngkb your default go to the SIP menu accessed my *Quickmenu/SIP and select that one.
*Google maps 4.1 is coming with the new release!
*Golf is addicting!
*Pandora is a Streaming music program. Works pretty well.

issues
1. - 2. Those are new to me... Anyone else have these issue?
3. I don't use the bluetooth so it is hard for me to test...
4. Reminders work great for me...

For me I found the Best pagepool setting it 20. My next versions will be set to that!

Thanks for your feedback a kind words!
OK so i found most of my problems were (at least as far as i can tell) self inflicted. as i said i reduced the pagepool to 24 and everything seems to be ok. all with the exception of bluetooth. that issue still persists.
so that in mind, per your advice, keep pagepool down, my guess is W$mo can only handle 28 at best.
thanks for your reply. and sorry to loose you to the tp2. hopefully come thanksgiving, (when i am due for upgrade) i will be able to join the bandwagon.
you will be missed in the kitchen master chef.
Qapla'
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Tags
rom, sprint touch, vogue, windows mobile 6.5, xv6900