PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: cricket Roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidj View Post
Thank you for the write up and the awesome ROM Whitey!

I picked up a vogue mainly to mess around with android but I will stay on your cricket ROM for a while nice job! just curious how are you getting data through the cricket proxy?
The WM ROMS use the proxy just like any other phone. It's Android that uses u2nl and autostart.sh to tunnel through the proxy, and there's way to get around that but require access to crickets system to set up devices and plans. But I have not had success yet on the Vogue Androids.
You can also use proxy cap on the WM ROMs to go through the proxy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache Mogul Vogue TP TP2 EVO4G
Carrier: Cricket $30 unlimited with Data 80KB down 120K up

morbidj is keeping up the good workmorbidj is keeping up the good work

Thank you for responding to my post Whitey..

just for clarification I am familiar with proxycap as I had it and the HTML on my Touch Pro. I am in the Metro Denver area and around mid August I noticed the upgrade in speed that a few users also reported in places like Howard Forums. So I dropped the HTML plan on all my lines.

This is a fresh line on the vogue talk text and data thats it $30 a month. I checked through the settings and discovered the usual provisioning of the http 8080 wap.mycricket.com in the proxy settings.

I guess to make a long story short some how or the other I am able to use push mail, pushing my gmail with active sync with out proxy cap? This is a first for me! So I figured maybe you had a trick up your sleeve cooked into to the ROM or may be that Cricket has allowed some network services through its proxy? I am assuming of course its the later..

Once again thank you for your knowledge and effort...
Old 09-04-2010, 02:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidj View Post
Thank you for responding to my post Whitey..

just for clarification I am familiar with proxycap as I had it and the HTML on my Touch Pro. I am in the Metro Denver area and around mid August I noticed the upgrade in speed that a few users also reported in places like Howard Forums. So I dropped the HTML plan on all my lines.

This is a fresh line on the vogue talk text and data thats it $30 a month. I checked through the settings and discovered the usual provisioning of the http 8080 wap.mycricket.com in the proxy settings.

I guess to make a long story short some how or the other I am able to use push mail, pushing my gmail with active sync with out proxy cap? This is a first for me! So I figured maybe you had a trick up your sleeve cooked into to the ROM or may be that Cricket has allowed some network services through its proxy? I am assuming of course its the later..

Once again thank you for your knowledge and effort...
Yup active sync is not blocked by cricket. There are other's as well as gmail that can go through the exchange server. My companies email works through it.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

htc addict is a n00b

looks great but a small problem internet wont connect and how do i go back to titanuim from Spb thanks for the great work
Old 12-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc addict View Post
looks great but a small problem internet wont connect and how do i go back to titanuim from Spb thanks for the great work
Internet problems= a flash problem or incorrect username and password entered when first opening the browser check your cricket EPST setting, the ROM is built as an SPB ROM so if you try to use titanium "it's there and can be changed in the SPB setting" you will have problems with the soft keys. Not recommended.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:45 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Due to inactivity, the thread will be closed but any rom links will remain intact for our members. thanks for understanding.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development