PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disordered screen/ Flickering/ Changing Colors ( New Phone ! )

I JUST got my replacement from my insurance company two days ago

when I slide the keyboard up and down switching from portrait to landscape the screen will slowly fade to black or green and I have to push it back slightly down for it to show the screen again

also when I go to the start menu & back to the home screen the screen starts flickering & becomes all disordered same for when I try and make a call the button just go everywhere on the screen..

I really don't feel like paying for another phone I just got this one as a replacement & it's brand new

I haven't dropped it or any type of water damage

Help?

EDIT:

Tried a hard reset and now every time I try and turn my phone on the phone is just at a blank gray screen!!!

FML!!!

IDK what to do.....

Last edited by allamerican2302; 12-03-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: Disordered screen/ Flickering/ Changing Colors ( New Phone ! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican2302 View Post
I JUST got my replacement from my insurance company two days ago

when I slide the keyboard up and down switching from portrait to landscape the screen will slowly fade to black or green and I have to push it back slightly down for it to show the screen again

also when I go to the start menu & back to the home screen the screen starts flickering & becomes all disordered same for when I try and make a call the button just go everywhere on the screen..

I really don't feel like paying for another phone I just got this one as a replacement & it's brand new

I haven't dropped it or any type of water damage

Help?

EDIT:

Tried a hard reset and now every time I try and turn my phone on the phone is just at a blank gray screen!!!

FML!!!

IDK what to do.....
phones replaced on insurance claims have a 1 yr warranty,i had one that the keyboard quit working on 2 days after i got it,i just called cs explained what happened and they sent me another, ur not having a insurance claim, u have complete hardware faliure.

at least thats how it works with verizon

Old 01-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: window
Carrier: meroo pcs

disher1 is just getting started

I had same problem with my touch pro the solution was to change the screen and keyboard bought from ebay $45.00! its more than likely just the touch digitizer which are about 20.00 but it more work to change. the screen and keyboard is just four screws and two ribbon easy to do even for a novice!
Old 01-23-2010, 02:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

AlphaInsidious is a n00b

I had the exact same problem, happened with my phone that was just under a year old.

I had no insurance, called Sprint and was able to get a replacement refurb TP through Advanced Exchange.

I don't know exactly who you should contact in your case; I assume the insurance company, but no matter what you should be able to get a new one no problem. It's nothing you did.

Heck, maybe they just gave you my old phone :P

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro