PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

level5music is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Crap. Bricked?

I'm no noob to flashing my Sprint TP, but today something went awry. I think my USB controller in my PC had a hiccup during a flash and now my TP will not boot. The flash on the device and PC said they were successful, obviously they were not. It gets to the black Touch Pro screen and sits. No bueno. I've tried the following fixes:

1 - Hard reset. VolDn/Power/Stylus, then VolUp to hard reset does nothing. The phone restores, but gives me the same result.

2 - Flash from SD. My first though since the device will not boot and I feel it might had been a USB error on the PC. While I have no problem getting it into hard reset mode via VolDn/Power/Stylus, it will quickly flash something about no image found, and go to tri-color. I've double and triple checked RAPHIMG.nbh for the correct filename, tried several different ROMs on several different cards. I've retried formatting the cards in FAT32 and FAT16 and trying again. No joy.

3 - Tri-Color, then flash from PC. Throws up a communications error, I can't even start a flash this way. Again, tried on several different PC's.

Might be FUBARed, any thoughts? I did a backup before the flash luckily, so if I get a replacement TP1, I can unlock, flash to my old ROM and restore. Hopefully I won't have to do all that.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Wow. I was going to say number 3, but you say it doesn't work for you.

Best bet is SD flash
Check itvis not calleraphimg.nbh.xxx on your computer by making sure you have known extensions showingopen my computer, tools, folder options, 2nd tab, halfway down ucheck hide known extensions. this is xp. vista/7 open my computer, folder and search options, etc...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:18 PM
VIP Member

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP
Re: Crap. Bricked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Wow. I was going to say number 3, but you say it doesn't work for you.

Best bet is SD flash
Check itvis not calleraphimg.nbh.xxx on your computer by making sure you have known extensions showingopen my computer, tools, folder options, 2nd tab, halfway down ucheck hide known extensions. this is xp. vista/7 open my computer, folder and search options, etc...
try a differnt cable
Old 12-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

level5music is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
try a differnt cable
I've tried 2 cables, the HTC cable that came with the phone, and a regular mini USB cable.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5music View Post
I've tried 2 cables, the HTC cable that came with the phone, and a regular mini USB cable.
oh i remember a problem like this with my desktop did a communication error because i had like to many things plugged in via usb...i know you tested on 2 different computers but were they filled up usb wise??
Old 12-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

level5music is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
oh i remember a problem like this with my desktop did a communication error because i had like to many things plugged in via usb...i know you tested on 2 different computers but were they filled up usb wise??
Neither were, my desktop had just my keyboard/mouse (one USB port for the RF adapter for both) and my laptop didn't have anything attached.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Only other thing I can think to try is to flash it from another computer using your #3 option.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

level5music is a n00b

Tried from a 3 & 4th computer. Crap man.. I'm about to just go buy a Droid or TP2.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

have you tried flashing back to a shipped ROM your not bricked it's just stuck on something.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

Never mind just reread the post.

Last edited by Yibrushn; 12-02-2009 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Cuz I don't read carefully :(

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro