PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Crap. Bricked? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99753)

level5music 12-02-2009 01:15 PM

Crap. Bricked?

I'm no noob to flashing my Sprint TP, but today something went awry. I think my USB controller in my PC had a hiccup during a flash and now my TP will not boot. The flash on the device and PC said they were successful, obviously they were not. It gets to the black Touch Pro screen and sits. No bueno. I've tried the following fixes:

1 - Hard reset. VolDn/Power/Stylus, then VolUp to hard reset does nothing. The phone restores, but gives me the same result.

2 - Flash from SD. My first though since the device will not boot and I feel it might had been a USB error on the PC. While I have no problem getting it into hard reset mode via VolDn/Power/Stylus, it will quickly flash something about no image found, and go to tri-color. I've double and triple checked RAPHIMG.nbh for the correct filename, tried several different ROMs on several different cards. I've retried formatting the cards in FAT32 and FAT16 and trying again. No joy.

3 - Tri-Color, then flash from PC. Throws up a communications error, I can't even start a flash this way. Again, tried on several different PC's.

Might be FUBARed, any thoughts? I did a backup before the flash luckily, so if I get a replacement TP1, I can unlock, flash to my old ROM and restore. Hopefully I won't have to do all that.

MordyT 12-02-2009 01:27 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Wow. I was going to say number 3, but you say it doesn't work for you.

Best bet is SD flash
Check itvis not calleraphimg.nbh.xxx on your computer by making sure you have known extensions showingopen my computer, tools, folder options, 2nd tab, halfway down ucheck hide known extensions. this is xp. vista/7 open my computer, folder and search options, etc...

dodge_longhorn 12-02-2009 02:18 PM

Re: Crap. Bricked?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MordyT (Post 1379930)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Wow. I was going to say number 3, but you say it doesn't work for you.

Best bet is SD flash
Check itvis not calleraphimg.nbh.xxx on your computer by making sure you have known extensions showingopen my computer, tools, folder options, 2nd tab, halfway down ucheck hide known extensions. this is xp. vista/7 open my computer, folder and search options, etc...

try a differnt cable

level5music 12-02-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn (Post 1380068)
try a differnt cable

I've tried 2 cables, the HTC cable that came with the phone, and a regular mini USB cable.

dodge_longhorn 12-02-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by level5music (Post 1380085)
I've tried 2 cables, the HTC cable that came with the phone, and a regular mini USB cable.

oh i remember a problem like this with my desktop did a communication error because i had like to many things plugged in via usb...i know you tested on 2 different computers but were they filled up usb wise??

level5music 12-02-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn (Post 1380093)
oh i remember a problem like this with my desktop did a communication error because i had like to many things plugged in via usb...i know you tested on 2 different computers but were they filled up usb wise??

Neither were, my desktop had just my keyboard/mouse (one USB port for the RF adapter for both) and my laptop didn't have anything attached.

petermg 12-02-2009 03:40 PM

Only other thing I can think to try is to flash it from another computer using your #3 option.

level5music 12-02-2009 03:43 PM

Tried from a 3 & 4th computer. Crap man.. I'm about to just go buy a Droid or TP2.

whitey10tc 12-02-2009 03:50 PM

have you tried flashing back to a shipped ROM your not bricked it's just stuck on something.

Yibrushn 12-02-2009 03:54 PM

Never mind just reread the post.