PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro GPS polling tweaks

I have been fighting with the gps lag for a while, and I have found a registry tweak that helps a little. The WinMo Intermediate GPS driver only polls the gps every so often and then it buffers some of the data. I've found some settings that seem to have made the lag a little less noticeable. Granted its not a 100% fix, but it does seem to help with the polling.

The registry edits are below, but I have also made a .cab file that contains these tweaks for easy installation. You can also remove the .cab install if you want to go back to stock.

Edit registry with the following entries: Under: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\
- Drivers\GpsOneDevice\PollInterval -> 100 (default is 1000)
- Drivers\InputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
- Drivers\OutputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
- Drivers\SleepOnNoData -> 100 (default is 1000)
- Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize -> 512 (by default not present, you have to create it)

OR, if your not to keen on making the registry edits yourself, feel free to download and use the cab I created and attached in this post. All it does is create/change the entries as outlined above.

I also take no credit for coming up with the fix, I found the post over at XDA, and thanks goes out to omega01 for suggesting the registry settings. I simply just cabbed them up and made it into a nice installable/removable fix. This should work with both the Touch Pro and the Touch Pro 2.

Feedback is appreciated, and if it works great for you as it did me, just hit the "Thanks" button.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro