PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 10:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

ken52787 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Scheduling a soft reset

Is there anyway to schedule a soft reset? I'm on a verizon TP so I don't have much RAM to kick around. It's around 51-52% after a soft reset, but after a day of use, it sits around high 70s even with everything closed.

I try cleanRAM but it never gets more than 1-2MB back. I'm forced to soft reset about once a day to keep the phone from running out of memory and running poorly.

Is there anyway to schedule this so that it soft resets itself in the middle of the night for instance?

And while we're at it, does anyone have any general tips for keeping RAM usage down? I'm already using titanium and not tf3d, and I also disabled the dialer skin so it's the typical windows one.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Scheduling a soft reset

Greeting.I use an app called "CT Scheduler". You can have it schedule a softreset whenever you like. Can also set it up to do it just once, or everyday of the week. Theres lots of other options as well, like scheduling wifi to turn on/off, schedule volume changes, and more. Its not free, costs something like $10 or so, but worth every penny imo.
dschoenike

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

hey just curious what rom you are using? & if you know what pagepool size you are using would be good to know as well.

back in the days of the wing & mogul when i needed to do this nightly also, i remember using a couple different backup apps, which after the [scheduled] backup have the option to soft reset the device.

at this moment i'm using sprite backup & i cannot find this feature anywhere. i dont remember if i was using spb backup in those days or what, but this method kills two birds with one stone. it gives you a nice nightly backup & a quick soft reset.

i remember setting the time for 630 so when i woke up around 715 it was freshly rebooted. but still i would try & get back to the root cause which maybe what rom/pp you are using. sorry i couldn't be of more help, GL.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ken52787 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
hey just curious what rom you are using? & if you know what pagepool size you are using would be good to know as well.

back in the days of the wing & mogul when i needed to do this nightly also, i remember using a couple different backup apps, which after the [scheduled] backup have the option to soft reset the device.

at this moment i'm using sprite backup & i cannot find this feature anywhere. i dont remember if i was using spb backup in those days or what, but this method kills two birds with one stone. it gives you a nice nightly backup & a quick soft reset.

i remember setting the time for 630 so when i woke up around 715 it was freshly rebooted. but still i would try & get back to the root cause which maybe what rom/pp you are using. sorry i couldn't be of more help, GL.
I'm using MightyROM 6 with the page pool changed to 8MB I think (might be 6). Is this too low that its causing problems? I'm thinking about switching to raidzero's rom since it looks like he's keeping his clean and lightweight, but idk yet.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I suggest when you use cleanRam to go with the level 3 clean and set it in the settings area to close all running programs and to hibernate. That should be just as good as a soft reset.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Look up "schedule reset" on http://www.freewarepocketpc.net, there are many apps on there to try.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Greeting.I use an app called "CT Scheduler". You can have it schedule a softreset whenever you like. Can also set it up to do it just once, or everyday of the week. Theres lots of other options as well, like scheduling wifi to turn on/off, schedule volume changes, and more. Its not free, costs something like $10 or so, but worth every penny imo.
dschoenike

CT Scheduler Lite is free, and it is fully capable of scheduling a repeat soft-reset, (along with scheduling many other functions, (it's basically Windows Task Scheduler for Windows Mobile devices).
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 11-29-2009, 06:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

rebeli is a n00b

How would you use the CT Scheduler to schedule a soft reset? The web site doesn't seem to have a tutorial and the apps help file doesnt give much info on this.

Is there a file stored on the PPC that performs the soft reset?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeli View Post
How would you use the CT Scheduler to schedule a soft reset? The web site doesn't seem to have a tutorial and the apps help file doesnt give much info on this.

Is there a file stored on the PPC that performs the soft reset?
For whatever reason, I never wanted to make a donation to the makers of CT scheduler. So I downloaded the lite version, and pair it with mortscript. Between the two, you can easily schedule anything. The script for reseting is quite simple:

Code:
reset
I also put a link to the reset script in the start menu so that I can use voice command to reset the phone in the car if my gps gets screwey or whatever.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I use Sprite Backup on both WM phones and it initiates a reset after the backup.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro