PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Lock up in the middle of the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipper_cr View Post
I've had that happen before. Maybe not as often, but has happened. That's how I learned REALLY quickly to not trust my TP as an alarm to wake up to for work/school.
I'd say the exact same thing. Maybe the Touch Pro 2 or Touch HD2 will have fixed this problem
Old 11-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The TP2 has the same problem, both occasionanly not wanting to wake up and over heating. I am on #2 due to the over heating and it is also having the same problems, as it locked up twice yesterday.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:37 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
I had this happen on every TP I have seen, every ROM and/or SYS build I have used. I do nto think the phone is getting hot at all on my nightstand. It doesn't happen frequently since I started making my own ROM's (not really sure what I am doing differently than anyone else though-...) but it did happen once with build 28004. It happens to my users (not of my rom, just users I support at work - I got everyone who had an email account a TP - regret...) very frequently. This is also my wife's number 1 complaint. We got her a phone to replace the home phone.. again, a bit of a regret with a TP. After unsuccessfully begging for a TP2 from sprint, I flashed her back to stock and relocked and did a few hard resets, then unlocked and reflashed to my latest 23511 and will see how it goes for her. I do not blame software in any way for this, I believe this is a hardware issue with all touch pro devices.
Yeah, it's a hardware issue.

Lots of us were having issues with Oct build date TP's last year... the problem seemed to go away with replacements around November... It's a good possibility that a bunch of those old build date ones that have been refurbished are back out there and are still locking up.

One of the 10 I have had would do that - lock up every night, no matter what I did.... there were all sorts of "tricks" such as disabling the home screen refresh while in standby, but nothing ever really worked for anyone. The problem didn't start happening till I had the phone for maybe 2-3 weeks.

I haven't had any either last long enough for the problem to show, or just plain haven't had the issue in quite some time. Call and complain about it - that's all you can do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro