PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

enzyme is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PIM Backup - 6.1 to 6.5

I backed up my stuff while was on 6.1. I got a replacement phone today about to flash 6.5. My question is will PIM backup work on wm6.5, and theoretically should work just perfectly fine? or should I expect problems?

I have way too many contacts to manually input all again. Even if there are compatibility issues, Is there any way to view the backup file(s) was text so I can manually input contacts.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:32 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: PIM Backup - 6.1 to 6.5

Dude, fire it up and let it do its thing....just do contacts
Old 06-10-2009, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

All I really care for are the contacts. I am a business owner, I have hundreds of contacts with all the detailed info. I wanted to know if itll work first before I go 6.5, find out that it wont restore, then have to flash back to 6.1, restore, manually jot down the info, flash 6.5 again, then manually input them.

Know what I mean hihi.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzyme View Post
I backed up my stuff while was on 6.1. I got a replacement phone today about to flash 6.5. My question is will PIM backup work on wm6.5, and theoretically should work just perfectly fine? or should I expect problems?

I have way too many contacts to manually input all again. Even if there are compatibility issues, Is there any way to view the backup file(s) was text so I can manually input contacts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzyme View Post
All I really care for are the contacts. I am a business owner, I have hundreds of contacts with all the detailed info. I wanted to know if itll work first before I go 6.5, find out that it wont restore, then have to flash back to 6.1, restore, manually jot down the info, flash 6.5 again, then manually input them.

Know what I mean hihi.
if you have that many contacts you should definitely back them up to your computer, but thats just my thinking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
if you have that many contacts you should definitely back them up to your computer, but thats just my thinking.
Great idea, has crossed my mind, but I have never even tried or know how to. I just know outlook is the program to use. Maybe Ill get off my butt and find out how it works and do that. Then I can just dive into 6.5 w/o worrying.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:05 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Another you may wana do is copy"pim.vol" from under Windows and put it in your SD. That contains all your contacts and is easier to just drop on your 6.5 and overwrite the empty pim.vol....
Old 06-11-2009, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid, TP, PalmPRE, TP2
Carrier: Verizon

aarondeep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aarondeep

If you have unlimited data, I like google sync; I got all my contacts within my gmail account and can have the contacts anywhere i have internet connection =)
Old 06-11-2009, 12:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

consider using microsoft myphone sync all the data from your phone to microsoft.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: The PhoneStop Store

fresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good work

I backed up using PIM on 6.1 base Cricket ROM. Then upgraded to 6.5 base Mighty ROM. It worked fine for me. I also use MyPhone as a backup. You can download it from Microsoft for free.

Sprint 6700(Kitchen ROM)>Sprint 6900(WDM 1.6 Clean)>Cricket 6950
Old 06-11-2009, 04:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks. All of you. Great ideas they are, but I think I like AaronDeep method. I will probably look into that most likely get MyPhone as a backup backup. Something I should have been taking the extra step in securing in the first place.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro