PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Just got my new (replacement) TP via FedEx - TRANSFER QUESTION :)

Hey everyone,

I just got my Verizon HTC TP to replace my Alltel TP, and I have a question about transferring programs - its a little more detailed than just switching contacts etc, which I believe (?) I can do using the "MyPhone" function from Microsoft Marketplace I just installed.

My question is, is there anyway to transfer over all my programs I have installed onto the new factory-fresh Verizon TP from my Alltel version? I have installed a lot of great programs over the months, and although I could download and install them all again one by one onto the Verizon, I was just curious.

THANKS!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Just got my new (replacement) TP via FedEx - TRANSFER QUESTION :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
Hey everyone,

I just got my Verizon HTC TP to replace my Alltel TP, and I have a question about transferring programs - its a little more detailed than just switching contacts etc, which I believe (?) I can do using the "MyPhone" function from Microsoft Marketplace I just installed.

My question is, is there anyway to transfer over all my programs I have installed onto the new factory-fresh Verizon TP from my Alltel version? I have installed a lot of great programs over the months, and although I could download and install them all again one by one onto the Verizon, I was just curious.

THANKS!

Ok...first of all see if you can get it replaced with an ALLTEL TP. THE VZW and ALLTEL TP's are different, hardware wise. I would have sent it back. Im waitin on a replacement and I hope its an ALLTEL TP.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Hey everyone,

THANKS!
depending on if you saved your cab files pim backup could do it,aside from that, why would you go from a alltel tp which has 288mb of ram, to the verizon one, which only has 192mb of ram? Not making fun, just curious why,

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Angry Re: Just got my new (replacement) TP via FedEx - TRANSFER QUESTION :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillAByteZ View Post
Ok...first of all see if you can get it replaced with an ALLTEL TP. THE VZW and ALLTEL TP's are different, hardware wise. I would have sent it back. Im waitin on a replacement and I hope its an ALLTEL TP.
DOH!!!!

This is the worst news I've gotten all day by far!!!

HERE'S THE SCOOP: I was one of the many who was forced into Verizon, back in October, due to the massive merger of the companies; when my original Alltel TP became defective, BUT was still under the 1yr Manufacturer's Warranty, I wrote Verizon an email and they shipped me a new Verizon model TP.

Is there anything I can do!? I HAD NO IDEA Verizon was inferior to Alltel considering the hardware... LESS RAM!?!?!? What the......
Old 11-25-2009, 01:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
depending on if you saved your cab files pim backup could do it,aside from that, why would you go from a alltel tp which has 288mb of ram, to the verizon one, which only has 192mb of ram? Not making fun, just curious why,
AHHH MAN, as I posted above (regarding your post and Killa's) I was totally unaware of any of this! When I got my instant email notification that popped up on my phone, and I read what you both had said, I came over and turned my laptop on to make a post I was so upset.

Why on Earth would a company carry a 'specially' made (read: crippled) version of such an awesome phone!? Did they castrate their TP2 as well?

ANYWAY - I AM NOW ANGRY AND FEEL I HAVE A RIGHT TO HAVE THE PHONE I PURCHASED, REPLACED ACCURATELY, SINCE I BOUGHT IT AS AN ALLTEL CUSTOMER BEFORE THE MERGER WAS ANNOUNCED!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 01:33 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
DOH!!!!

This is the worst news I've gotten all day by far!!!

HERE'S THE SCOOP: I was one of the many who was forced into Verizon, back in October, due to the massive merger of the companies; when my original Alltel TP became defective, BUT was still under the 1yr Manufacturer's Warranty, I wrote Verizon an email and they shipped me a new Verizon model TP.

Is there anything I can do!? I HAD NO IDEA Verizon was inferior to Alltel considering the hardware... LESS RAM!?!?!? What the......
hold on to the verizon tp soldier. get two more and you'll be upgraded to a verizon tp2.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
hold on to the verizon tp soldier. get two more and you'll be upgraded to a verizon tp2.
How can I get upgraded to the TP2?? That would be something, obviously, I'd be ecstatic about and very interested in, if its at no cost?

I am already eligible for the 'upgrade' option if that's what you're talking about, every 2 years, since this Alltel TP I have (I still have it now, because I have yet to send it back in the pre-paid FedEx box the new Verizon TP came in today) I bought at retail price. Thanks...
Old 11-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i read this earlier, maybe it can help http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97690
Old 11-25-2009, 02:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i read this earlier, maybe it can help http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97690
Here's what I wrote...

Great post, thanks for sharing it with all of us! I have a similar, still developing, yet not as awesome (because I have yet to get a TP2 upgrade) story.

I was an Alltel customer, forced over to Verizon in November due to the merger, and when my original TP from Alltel became defective I emailed Tech-Support, and they replaced it (JUST received replacement today via FedEx) with a Verizon model TP (which I had no idea has less ram!!!)

So now with a lesser phone replacement, I called to express my dissatisfaction, and also the replacement phone they sent me didn't have a battery cover-plate or battery (standard procedure they said for 'like new replacements' according to them) and that they didn't have any back-plates in stock to send me (since my Alltel phone's shape was different, and I couldn't simply swap the battery covers as they assumed)

So, now I have a phone with less RAM and no battery-cover, so they say "We don't have that part stocked... YOU'LL HAVE TO CALL HTC AND ORDER ONE, AND PAY FOR IT OUT OF POCKET AND WE'LL REIMBURSE YOU NEXT MONTH ON YOUR STATEMENT." (Actual quote!)

So, I called HTC, got transferred THREE times... then got transferred to some outside satellite distributor company called Personal Device Distributor, or something like that... and got transferred TWO MORE TIMES to a girl who admitted she was eating her lunch, away from her computer, AND CARRYING ON another conversation with a co-worker in the break room... AND SHE SAID SINCE SHE WASN'T AT HER DESK SHE COULD TAKE MY INFO DOWN INCLUDING MY CREDIT CARD, on a PEN AND NAPKIN!!!

So, I ended up paying $38 PLUS shipping for a .25oz plastic piece that goes on the back of my phone, with a person who treated me like a dog, chewed her food while talking to me, and scribbled my sensitive info on a napkin - all because Verizon didn't make the necessary preparations for a merger of devices, AND TOLD ME to go use my own time and resources ($) to buy a battery cover myself (AFTER sending my a lower-level reduced RAM phone)

I emailed Verizon this entire story, and they wrote me back saying "Take it up with HTC." WHAT!?!? HTC didn't sell my the initial phone, HTC didn't force me into Verizon's service after the merger, HTC didn't mandate a reduced RAM phone, HTC didn't transfer me a combined 5 times to some rude doofus on their break, HTC didn't lack the foresight to stock simple parts for one of Verizon's best selling smart-phones....... VERIZON DID ALL OF THIS, and then TOLD ME to take it up with HTC!

I have not gone any further with this situation yet, I am exhausted and angry...

ANY SUGGESTIONS FROM ANYONE? Thanks
Old 11-25-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Sprint

djheir is keeping up the good workdjheir is keeping up the good work

Regarding the initial question, if you saved your cab files, there's a program I use all the time called AutoInstaller that will silently install any cab, files, and registry settings you tell it to. It's much easier than manually installing every program plus you can pretty much have your phone exactly as it was before hard reset (or new device) with the click of a few buttons.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro