PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just got my new (replacement) TP via FedEx - TRANSFER QUESTION :)

I DID IT... IT WORKED!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------

Thank you for your response, my focus is to offer the
best option possible. I have reviewed your a/c and we can accomodate your request for the touch pro2 please verify the address where you would like this equipment to be shipped to and I will process that order for you.
Just be aware that equipmenet order will come with a 2yr contract extension. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services.
Joel
Analyst Tech support

--------------------------------------

WOW, I can't believe something actually worked. I had to go through some aggravation, sure, but the order has been placed and I'll be getting a TP2 Monday or Tuesday he said in a follow-up email!

The only thing I think is maybe 10% shady, is the 2-year mandatory extension, I can live with it... but I've been out of contract for a long time, and this might screw me if I want to upgrade to the Droid or the HD2 in the future at the discounted price. OH WELL, I can't complain to be honest!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
AHHH MAN, as I posted above (regarding your post and Killa's) I was totally unaware of any of this! When I got my instant email notification that popped up on my phone, and I read what you both had said, I came over and turned my laptop on to make a post I was so upset.

Why on Earth would a company carry a 'specially' made (read: crippled) version of such an awesome phone!? Did they castrate their TP2 as well?

ANYWAY - I AM NOW ANGRY AND FEEL I HAVE A RIGHT TO HAVE THE PHONE I PURCHASED, REPLACED ACCURATELY, SINCE I BOUGHT IT AS AN ALLTEL CUSTOMER BEFORE THE MERGER WAS ANNOUNCED!!!
lmao, gimped phone, at least your getting a tp2

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 11-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
lmao, gimped phone, at least your getting a tp2
LOL, that's exactly what I said. I bet the people reading my email were rolling their eyes, or getting a kick out of it, haha!

Shoot, whatever works! ("read: crippled") classic.

I am very excited about the 3.5 headphone jack, improved screen, tilt function, and slimmer design. Sure, it's not a MASSIVE step up, but it's a big one... what other differences am I forgetting here? Well, at any rate... good job Verizon (that isn't said much I would assume).
Old 11-27-2009, 04:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
LOL, that's exactly what I said. I bet the people reading my email were rolling their eyes, or getting a kick out of it, haha!

Shoot, whatever works! ("read: crippled") classic.

I am very excited about the 3.5 headphone jack, improved screen, tilt function, and slimmer design. Sure, it's not a MASSIVE step up, but it's a big one... what other differences am I forgetting here? Well, at any rate... good job Verizon (that isn't said much I would assume).
I agree, its a helluva alot better then the verizon touch pro lol
Old 11-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
DOH!!!!

This is the worst news I've gotten all day by far!!!

HERE'S THE SCOOP: I was one of the many who was forced into Verizon, back in October, due to the massive merger of the companies; when my original Alltel TP became defective, BUT was still under the 1yr Manufacturer's Warranty, I wrote Verizon an email and they shipped me a new Verizon model TP.

Is there anything I can do!? I HAD NO IDEA Verizon was inferior to Alltel considering the hardware... LESS RAM!?!?!? What the......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
hold on to the verizon tp soldier. get two more and you'll be upgraded to a verizon tp2.
i told ya! congrats!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

The TP2 is alright... after a solid time-frame of use and reflection, I can obviously say it is better than the TP1, but it doesn't hardly seem like a major upgrade or somethign worthy of fan-fair (which is why it wasn't listed on C Net's "Top-10" smart phones of 2009 list). The screen is better, and responsiveness seems faster, maybe the processor is quicker?

I have compiled a list of problems with the TP2 thus-far, and will post them up asap in their own thread - the MOST problematic of which is the fact I have not been able to use the built-in USB internet tethering program with my laptop to get online. I keep getting an error code that says "End Data Call" although I am not on any type of data call, I don't even know what that means.
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro