PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

blackmagic352 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
question about refurb

i just got a refurb from sprint saturday. im not sure but it seems odd. the buttons of the face are not flush with the screen. if i take may finger nail and run it down the screen(top of phone to bottom), it seems that if i tried i could lift up the buttons. first question are the buttons suppose to be flush? second should i take it in to sprint store or call?

im pretty sure the store is going to say "this is how it is suppsoe to be"
thanks
Old 11-22-2009, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Medic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good work
Re: question about refurb

I got a refurb thru customer service and there was quite a gap between the keyboard and screen. I took it in to my one and only sprint store/repair center in town. They basically told me that since its a refurb its not gonna look as good as a new phone. It took 3 calls to sprint and them calling the store manager to get the phone replaced. That phones screen died after 2 weeks and no the current phone I got as a replacement also has its defects. My home and talk button are raised and the back and end button are somewhat sunken in. I won't take it in cuz I'm tired of dealing with my one and only sprint store.

Oh and whats funny is that if you notice on one of the papers you received in the box with the phone there is a sentence making reference that the phone are checked thoroughly to meet and even exceed sprints standards. When I pointed this out the store reps were at a loss for words but still got the b.s. of it being a refurb by the technician.

Last edited by Medic; 11-22-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

A refurb is supposed to look and function like a NEW phone. Dont let them tell you otherwise. I was going to get a replacement and the pad was lifted up, not even secured, and called back and told them i was refusing it and they said 'ok we'll send another one right out.'
Old 11-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yeah...
Old 11-23-2009, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The raised button problem is a problem for some new Touch Pros as well.

The refurbishing outfit used for the Touch Pros seems especially bad at missing the raised button problem as well as the loose keyboard connection problem, which are two common reasons people return the phone in the first place.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

I just got a refurb that has blue-ish splotches in the display. Called Sprint and they are sending another. Not sure there is a whole lot of QA going on before they get sent out but they seemed OK with sending another. They did tell me that tech support is no longer allowed to send out phones if there is a store in the area. Wanted me to go there, but just explaining how much time that takes was sufficient to get one sent out after she checked with her boss.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:05 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i had the raised buttons on my BNIB TP, dealt with it for a couple months, then got a Pre. Recently went into a Service Center with my TP and they swapped it out for a Palm Pre.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 11-23-2009, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

blackmagic352 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
I just got a refurb that has blue-ish splotches in the display. Called Sprint and they are sending another. Not sure there is a whole lot of QA going on before they get sent out but they seemed OK with sending another. They did tell me that tech support is no longer allowed to send out phones if there is a store in the area. Wanted me to go there, but just explaining how much time that takes was sufficient to get one sent out after she checked with her boss.
i did the same. when they try and send me to the store i just tell them im not home, im in my hometown. my hometown is 30 min from the nearest wal-mart, mcdonalds, bk... point being the middle of nowhere.

they were going to send me another but they couldnt because its my 5 phone in 12 month span. there goin to let me switch to a tp2 when available

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro