PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Dorenda is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Dorenda Send a message via MSN to Dorenda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorenda
Bad New MR...

I recently applied the MR from the HTC website to my Touch Pro along with my brothers and my friends. I had a few issues:

a) Whenever I attempted to browse ppcgeeks with Opera it would not load the page then Opera would shut down completely.

b) While typing a message the virtual keyboard would freeze for a few seconds at a time. Sometimes my entire screen would freeze up...

c) My phone would randomly reset itself or just shut itself off completey.

Last night my phone would boot up but tf3d would not load at all. When I would try to tap the start menu the phone froze.

I soft reset, hard reset and pulled the battery and it still has not fixed the issue.

My co-worker is having identical issues and Sprint has not been a help to her at all. They are sending me a Touch Pro with a battery. I'm hoping that the new phone won't have the same issues as this one does...
Old 11-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: Bad New MR...

it's opera build on mr. you have to use forum.ppcgeeks.co to enter site, but you can't post as the box is tan and unresponsive.

i too get the freezes but when a nav with opera 9.70.35443.2 which will let me go straight to ppcgeeks.com and it overlays stock opera. your internet tab will launch 9.7. in programs, you will have 2 opera icons and both take to same place.

i can't always get my today screan to show background, but the background shows in start menu.

but after months of hacking and flashing roms to work on cricket, i switched to sprint, tried couple custom roms and went back to stock. just tired of flashing, and in the event my phone does crap out and needs to go back, i don't want to deal with trying to flash stock and relock. it's there already. just hard reset out cabs and info.

opera 9.7b1 doesn't play nice with stock rom, and doesnt't overlay. cab below for 9.70.xxxx.x and one for opera 10.1 which is stand alone and launches thru program tabs.

some issues are lack of .net 3.5

pim backup is free and saves text, contacts and email (which a new setup will redownload emails if set to last 3 days) and if pic/mms was so important one would have saved media to sd card when it came. schedual for daily befor you get up or go to bed to sd card, overwrite old files and keep only one file. keep pim in program files on sd card.

Ok, switched from phone to pc and still won't upload.

http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl...n=270&id=32607 opera 10.1

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en net 3.5

http://www.dotfred.net/PIM/PPCPimBackupV2.8_wm2005.zip pim backup 2.8

http://www.4shared.com/file/15556429...0_35443_2.html opera 9.70.35443.2

http://www.rarlab.com/rar/pocketrar391b1.exe win rar mobile

Last edited by jpwhre; 11-19-2009 at 08:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorenda View Post
I recently applied the MR from the HTC website to my Touch Pro along with my brothers and my friends. I had a few issues:

a) Whenever I attempted to browse ppcgeeks with Opera it would not load the page then Opera would shut down completely.

b) While typing a message the virtual keyboard would freeze for a few seconds at a time. Sometimes my entire screen would freeze up...

c) My phone would randomly reset itself or just shut itself off completey.

Last night my phone would boot up but tf3d would not load at all. When I would try to tap the start menu the phone froze.

I soft reset, hard reset and pulled the battery and it still has not fixed the issue.

My co-worker is having identical issues and Sprint has not been a help to her at all. They are sending me a Touch Pro with a battery. I'm hoping that the new phone won't have the same issues as this one does...
Reflashing stock would likely fix the issue as well. If the MR was the cause, I'd hold off from using it or flash a cooked ROM

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 11-20-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Dorenda is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Dorenda Send a message via MSN to Dorenda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorenda

The replacement phone that they are sending me will have the MR already installed. This will be my first time flashing and I'm not sure about what custom ROM I should use. Any suggestions?
Old 11-20-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and Droid
Carrier: Verizon

utctigers is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to utctigers Send a message via MSN to utctigers

Energy Rom all day
Old 11-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hero and Touch Pro

rareskillz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rareskillz Send a message via MSN to rareskillz Send a message via Yahoo to rareskillz

I would recommend the below rom:

indagroove's Sense 2.5 TouchPro ROM - CE OS 5.2.23506 (Build 23506.5.5.0) [111909]
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96393
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dantichrist is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareskillz View Post
I would recommend the below rom:

indagroove's Sense 2.5 TouchPro ROM - CE OS 5.2.23506 (Build 23506.5.5.0) [111909]
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96393
+1 for this. This ROM is sweet! It's the best this thing has ran since I bought it.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel

Urufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good workUrufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good work

Indagroove Sense, Psyki Final are two good, stable, ready out of the box ROMs to start out with. I tried mightyrom too but it was kind of bland for my taste. I'm currently using Psyklone .23 and loving it, just wish the mylocation weather would work.

Please do flash to a new custom ROM, you'll never look back, WinMo 6.5 is far and away better than 6.1.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'd recommend EnergyROM but his current 2.5 is kinda unstable (or at least needs some tweaking before it can be fully used). The latest 2.1 version is really good and stable so far (at least for me)
Old 11-21-2009, 01:28 AM
N00b
Carrier: VZW

Steve.G is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (Windows Mobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35166; U; en) Presto/2.2.1)

I can't say enough good stuff about SSK. The new 3.0 is beautiful.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro