PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 01:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I am leaving sprint and my touch pro..must read.

Seems to me like the Treo Pro would be an upgrade to the Mogul. The Mogul was a gimped device with only 64mb of ram..I'd take it. Heck, Moguls aren't worth very much. You see them here on PPCgeeks for sale for anywhere between $40-75 all the time. I mean don't get me wrong, I've certainly have had my share of bad customer service with Sprint, but I'm curious as to what more you want them to do. Are you looking for a Touch Pro? I just don't think you will find greener grass by leaving. I don't know exactly what Verizon's policies are, but I wonder if they would be willing to just keep replacing your 2 year old device and then offer you a free upgrade.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley

Last edited by mulhiny; 11-22-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Captivate
Carrier: at&t

potatoofdoom is a n00b

I agree with you that the treo pro outperforms the mogul. My only gripe against it is that the keyboard is very small. I played around with it for about 20 minutes in the store and I just couldn't get used to it. My other is issue is the price, granted the mogul is worth nothing now, but it was the most expensive phone for a long time. Now I know you can't trade in your 1991 Mercedes Benz for a 2009, but I will not concede that that is a fair comparison. Once they stop selling the treo pro, that will send me further down the ladder as far as replacements go, which will in turn send me further and further down. I know that TEP isn't meant to provide you with the most up to date phone, but in this situation I feel that they aren't giving me apples to apples. And to be honest, I am using the keyboard alone for that argument. I told them I would be willing to take a Samsung moment (full sized physical keyboard) but they wouldn't have it. I even offered to pay any reasonable price, as long as I did not have to extend my contract. I see it this way in regards to that. Any sprint customer would have to pay $149.00 to upgrade to a Treo Pro, but they are offering me that for free. So couldn't I pay the extra $30.00 to make up the difference? Hell, I would even pay the whole $179.00 upgrade price for the moment if I did not have to upgrade.

I believe Sprint is trying to minimize their losses on defective devices and TEP has backed them into a corner. In the past, if they could not replace your device, they would give you the next device higher. I know this from experience because I had a 6700 that needed to be replaced, so they handed me a mogul brand new in the box with no fuss at all. That was one of the reasons I have stayed with sprint for so long. TEP's wording guarantees you a device with similar features. My problem is that they are picking and choosing which features they will consider similar. The mogul's key board is maybe 4 inches across, the treo's is a little over 2. That is not similar in any way. When I pointed out to the rep in the sprint store that the Snap lacked a touch screen and wifi, she said something like: well it's a windows mobile phone with a qwerty keyboard. That, to me, would be like bringing your car in for warranty work and them giving you a different one by reasoning, well it has an internal combustion engine, 4 doors, and 2 headlights.

My gripe is that I want a phone that works. I'm fine taking a mogul, but I want one that works. I've gone to the sprint store every Friday for about the past 2 months because they cannot hand me a working phone. This is customer satisfaction 101, you inconvienenced and angered a customer, try to make them happy now. I know I'm not being unreasonable in this. I originally bought a very expensive phone with a large keyboard. I've paid 7 dollars a month for the past 3 or 4 years to ensure that I will have that phone, or one with similar features. They are now refusing to hold up to their end of the bargain by not providing me with that phone. Am I wrong?
Old 11-22-2009, 02:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

WmDuchess is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhes View Post
Long story here but you can see how much BS I have gone through, I am done with SPRINT.

the effed up part is that i went through the EXACT SAME THING. exept i went to different stores and talked to 20 reps in the course of 3 days.

this is a month later and my phone hasnt been replaced. my sprint nav is still not working my phone randomely freezes up. randomly shuts down.

i call csr they say go to store they will give new phone.. i go to store they tell me my phone is fine. (i check my programs running) they never even opened up my sprint nav. how do you diagnose something without even opening it. and how do you know if my gps is working if you standing in the same spot. wtf...

its like hello if im calling every other day for 2 months about a phone issue, am i really making it up. would i waste my time for an issue that im making up. ugh.... im real close to using my company benefits and get an att phone or something.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No, you are not wrong at all and make some very good points. In fact I'm quite surprised they will not just give you the device you want. I'm guessing you are correct that it's about money. They know the replacement ought to be a Touch Pro..problem is that phone has it's share of issues. So, they are actually trying to avoid stepping you up to a Touch Pro 2 from a Mogul..But all in all, that's why you pay them a premium every month as you stated. I wish you luck. I think they will offer you what you need..eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoofdoom View Post
I agree with you that the treo pro outperforms the mogul. My only gripe against it is that the keyboard is very small. I played around with it for about 20 minutes in the store and I just couldn't get used to it. My other is issue is the price, granted the mogul is worth nothing now, but it was the most expensive phone for a long time. Now I know you can't trade in your 1991 Mercedes Benz for a 2009, but I will not concede that that is a fair comparison. Once they stop selling the treo pro, that will send me further down the ladder as far as replacements go, which will in turn send me further and further down. I know that TEP isn't meant to provide you with the most up to date phone, but in this situation I feel that they aren't giving me apples to apples. And to be honest, I am using the keyboard alone for that argument. I told them I would be willing to take a Samsung moment (full sized physical keyboard) but they wouldn't have it. I even offered to pay any reasonable price, as long as I did not have to extend my contract. I see it this way in regards to that. Any sprint customer would have to pay $149.00 to upgrade to a Treo Pro, but they are offering me that for free. So couldn't I pay the extra $30.00 to make up the difference? Hell, I would even pay the whole $179.00 upgrade price for the moment if I did not have to upgrade.

I believe Sprint is trying to minimize their losses on defective devices and TEP has backed them into a corner. In the past, if they could not replace your device, they would give you the next device higher. I know this from experience because I had a 6700 that needed to be replaced, so they handed me a mogul brand new in the box with no fuss at all. That was one of the reasons I have stayed with sprint for so long. TEP's wording guarantees you a device with similar features. My problem is that they are picking and choosing which features they will consider similar. The mogul's key board is maybe 4 inches across, the treo's is a little over 2. That is not similar in any way. When I pointed out to the rep in the sprint store that the Snap lacked a touch screen and wifi, she said something like: well it's a windows mobile phone with a qwerty keyboard. That, to me, would be like bringing your car in for warranty work and them giving you a different one by reasoning, well it has an internal combustion engine, 4 doors, and 2 headlights.

My gripe is that I want a phone that works. I'm fine taking a mogul, but I want one that works. I've gone to the sprint store every Friday for about the past 2 months because they cannot hand me a working phone. This is customer satisfaction 101, you inconvienenced and angered a customer, try to make them happy now. I know I'm not being unreasonable in this. I originally bought a very expensive phone with a large keyboard. I've paid 7 dollars a month for the past 3 or 4 years to ensure that I will have that phone, or one with similar features. They are now refusing to hold up to their end of the bargain by not providing me with that phone. Am I wrong?
Old 11-22-2009, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP1 Raphael
Carrier: VZW & Sprint

maxnix is just getting started
Cool ..must read how NOT to deal with CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhes View Post
I agree i could have been nicer, BUT, why do i have to know the in's and out's of dealing with a CSR??....
I think that part of your problem is that you don't know it is easier to get flies with honey than vinegar.

If you don't know how to deal courteously with CS in this modern world, then you are doomed.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

jiggy1955 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumgiant View Post
Here ya go buddy...send off a message to him and see what happens. Also, if you got any names from these csr's feel free to use them too in your letter to them.

Mr. Daniel R. Hesse
Chief Exec. Officer, Pres, Director, Chairman of Exec. Committee and Chief Exec. Officer of Local Telecommunications Division
Sprint Nextel Corp.
6200 Sprint Parkway
Overland Park, KS 66251-4300
also just in case you need this too:

Dan@sprint.com

Have used it twice to convey Sprints "fab" service. It is a reference!
Old 11-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

One has to wonder if some of this is due to the jerks who do anything to get something for free, including lie cheat or steal. They just cant be happy with what they have no matter what happens and always think they deserve the next best new thing out. Sprint (and im sure other carriers) know they have let some people get away with this in the past and are probably trying to make up for it. Someone who is in their first 'contract' and bitches and moans about poor customer service and crappy phones and 'ill just go get an iPhony if you dont give me a TP2...' doesnt help at all. Ive been with Sprint 10 year and one month. I would expect them to consider that when i say im upset because ive called multiple times and didnt get something fixed. I called 5 times on my wifes Instinct and the tech rep said ill send you a TP. I said well i think that might be too much phone for her, and the rep said what phone were you thinking of then? I said maybe the Diamond, but im concerned about the rebate issue, i dont want to pay full price, can we pay the diff between the Instinct and the Diamond? To which the rep replied 'im hurt, i didnt say anything about money at this point.' So we ended up getting the Diamond completely free AND got to sell the Instinct.

All i did was list the issues and kept calling back trying to get them fixed, but i never yelled or threatened to leave and go to T-Mobile if i didnt get what i wanted. In fact i never threaten to leave, i just bring up the fact that ive been with them so long (even though its in a Sticky in my account notes as ive seen it before) and they usually mention that before i can.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

djhes is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeithard View Post
OMG, you mean to tell me that after all this rant and raving you just now did a hard reset!!! LOL You must never read the posts on this site! Knowledge is power. If you research a little you can resolve most problems on your own. I am not calling you dumb. I am actually just laughing and I am glad your back in business.

Honestly it what the prinipal. I JUST loaded all my apps, contacts, etc back to the phone, i could either try a hard reset, lose everything again to reload, or wait for my alleged TP2, which of course didnt happen. once i confirmed that my phone wouldnt be sent, i could start looking into the fixes for myself.

** one last update, the txt msg issue isnt fixed after all, but i am assuming this is because of the updated ROM as well. who knows.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

such variety in customer reviews for Sprint. They've been sooooo good to me that I almost feel guilty lol.

I have to send someone there a fruit basket or something for Christmas...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro