PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: I am leaving sprint and my touch pro..must read.

757-223-3397 Give that number a shot, It is to Hess's ecare group. And if you still want to leave sprint I would be more than happy to take your plan over.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 11-18-2009, 05:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

djhes is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitts View Post
C'mon man.. you should know how to setup the email account on an advanced phone like TP. Do not expect a basic customer service rep to know the working and setup of all phones they sell. For them, you are able to setup other emails, but not Hotmail. Technically it means, there is a problem connecting/setting up Hotmail account. Not a phone issue. They have not promised anything about FREE Hotmail setup anywhere in the contract, right? If you have searched in ppcgeeks, you could have figured out by yourself and avoided the frustration.

Again, leaving Sprint SERO for the simple frustration is s-t-u-p-i-d-n-e-s-s.

Yeah, i do know how to set it up, thats my point. I have set this up on 3 previous TP's with NO issues. and this is one of the many issues i started having with the refurb phone, it wasnt setting up like normal. you are sounding like Sprint now, im not an idiot and am very familiar with Windows mobile phones. The software update on the 4th TP made changes to the phone, this may have been one of them, i dont know. Every time i tried to connect through the email wizard, when i clicked "next" it auto routed to the internet and opened opera. i then logged into my account online, not with my phone. all other email setups are not like that.

And its the prinicpal of the matter, by the looks of things, sprint doesnt want me to be on SERO either since they kept telling me the phones werent compatible with the plan, WHEN THEY WERE.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2/Touch Pro/Diamond

Atomic2Mod is keeping up the good workAtomic2Mod is keeping up the good work

Windows Live was ALWAYS how you had to set up hotmail, unless you set it up as a pop3 - and that's a whole nother story.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

The email setup used to invoke the Windows live app, and let you complete it. after the completion,the email box is available on TF3D email tab.

there could be a bug in the latest software update.

my point is we should try to figure out any software issues, and if there are major issues, get it repaired at the repair center. Not every CSR may be able to help, or may be able to provide you more than what you already know.

I have had very bad experience with other companies like, dell, amazon etc.. but i still do business with them.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:42 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

djhes is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic2Mod View Post
Windows Live was ALWAYS how you had to set up hotmail, unless you set it up as a pop3 - and that's a whole nother story.
This is not true. I just searched around and there seems to be different answers on this. yes, you could always use windows live to set up hotmail, but that isnt the only way it can be set up. I am 100% sure i did not use windows live previously with my other phones, i set it up as any other email account.

The top 2 answers on this forum are consistant with my statement:
http://www.htcforums.com/touch-pro-f...-t1037-10.html
Old 11-18-2009, 06:58 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

djhes is a n00b

[QUOTE=kitts;1341515]Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

my point is we should try to figure out any software issues, and if there are major issues, get it repaired at the repair center. Not every CSR may be able to help, or may be able to provide you more than what you already know.QUOTE]

I agree we should troubleshoot a bit before we call support, but that was 1 of 4 issues i was having here are the other 3 that occurs:

1. the phone randomly restarts.

2. Threaded txt msgs are messed up. if i ping 5 msgs back and forth from a friend, it will show i have 5 new messages in my phone. if i select the message it still shows as new. i have to select the message 5 times for it to not be shown as new.

3. I cant select multiple emails / txt msgs. it is a pain in the butt to remove 35 new emails one by one. I am not sure why this doesnt work now.

going to a repair center is what i will do now, but my time is limited as is, a newlywed, work full time and dj 2 nights a week. its hard to make the long drive to the closest repair center when it is open. I usually put up with this stuuf, but this was the last stand.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel

Urufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good workUrufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good work

Kitts, lay off man, I work in customer service/tech support, and Djhess is TOTALLY in the right, these guys/girls were trying to **** him around, I would not stop until I had the TP2 on my SERO plan that the 3rd level manager promised him.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor

I am wondering if Kitty is one of the reps you spoke to DJ.. LOL.

Kitty i am sorry to break it to you, but you DO NOT know ANYTHING about customer service. Sorry pal. Time for a new proffession. This just isn't your cup of tea.

Do the rest of your coworkers have the same attitude like you do?
Old 11-18-2009, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor

Also Kitty, you need to stop making excuses for the outright pathetic garbage service he received. YOUR FAILURE to even recognize that is going to be your downfall in Customer Service proffession.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

djhes is a n00b

Titaniamgiant, urufu.... THANK YOU.... i thought i was the only one here thinking why am i getting reamed here..!

I really want to call back and escalate this and try to get what was promised, or even a replacement for what i have, but i cant stand to waste more time calling in circles.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro