PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

netchemica is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My TP is insanely laggy.

This happened a few days ago, but the little button in the top right of the screen that shows the applications that are running is missing and the phone overall is sluggish beyond belief.

I could call my friend, the phone won't dial. When I hit end it'll go to the home screen and my friends phone will ring about 10 minutes later.

I tried flashing it but my PC doesn't see a connection. Anything you guys suggest, I'm not afraid of a complete reset.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:54 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: My TP is insanely laggy.

are you using cleaning utility like memmaid or cleanram? you can also sd flash which i do, theres a great sticky on it in the upgrades forum.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

netchemica is a n00b

It's not that the memory is full (I don't think). I can soft reset the phone and it'll turn back on and be incredibly slow.

The alarm clock (which I have to adjust all the time) doesn't work and it won't let me adjust the time it should go off at. Also the drop down menu for running apps is not showing up (no button).
Old 11-15-2009, 10:59 AM
High Speed Lurking
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G!

Triscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchemica View Post
It's not that the memory is full (I don't think). I can soft reset the phone and it'll turn back on and be incredibly slow.

The alarm clock (which I have to adjust all the time) doesn't work and it won't let me adjust the time it should go off at. Also the drop down menu for running apps is not showing up (no button).

Are you using a stock ROM? If so I would suggest trying another ROM to see if it helps. darren.wlsn1 told you right, flash with SD card. It's easy and gets around that pesky activesync problem.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Before you start flashing a possibly defective phone, just try a hard reset. If that doesn't work, DON'T FLASH A CUSTOM ROM. Make sure you're on the stock rom and take the phone to the sprint store to let them fix or replace it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro