PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Sinful1217 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question TP Compatible wit Boost, but is TP2??

I read awhile bk on here that you can infact use your TP on the Bosst Network. But people are still sayin it sooo can't be done. My friend worked for Sprint and now works for Boost and when we talked about it. She too said IMPOSSIBLE. Still Im not satisfied with that answer. Cuz after reading it on here and you all sayin that YES it can be done depending on the rep and so forth. Well I'm still wondering. Also if it can be done on the TP....can it be done on the TP2?? Has anyone tried this yet??
Old 11-13-2009, 11:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: TP Compatible wit Boost, but is TP2??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinful1217 View Post
I read awhile bk on here that you can infact use your TP on the Bosst Network. But people are still sayin it sooo can't be done. My friend worked for Sprint and now works for Boost and when we talked about it. She too said IMPOSSIBLE. Still Im not satisfied with that answer. Cuz after reading it on here and you all sayin that YES it can be done depending on the rep and so forth. Well I'm still wondering. Also if it can be done on the TP....can it be done on the TP2?? Has anyone tried this yet??
good question, if the tp has been done, the tp2 can as well, they both use MEID as serial numbers, and both have sprint branded versions, so I do not see why not.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 11-14-2009, 04:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cchris81 is keeping up the good workcchris81 is keeping up the good work

Boost uses the iDEN network, and the TP and TP2 do not work on this network, It may be possible to use Nextel phones on boost, but not sprint phones. Work on two different networks. It be like using a sprint phone on ATT
Old 11-14-2009, 06:32 AM
Lurker
Carrier: No One

lilcza1 is a n00b

yes, the touch pro works on boost CDMA service, but it is not offered in new york. i am personally using a TP on boost to type this out. but i required a las vegas number because the service exists there. but i am on new york sprint service.

you will need to purchase a boost cdma phone, its 30 bucks off ebay. activate it,then swap to your TP or TP2. it cannot be done any other way.

search google for a yahoo answers post that will explain the method in detail.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:18 AM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchris81 View Post
Boost uses the iDEN network, and the TP and TP2 do not work on this network, It may be possible to use Nextel phones on boost, but not sprint phones. Work on two different networks. It be like using a sprint phone on ATT
your heavily mistaken. There are two types of boost mobile. The CDMA service, and then they have the Iden service. People have activated touch pro's on the CDMA network, obviously not the iden network. Hence why it would be theoretically possible to do the TP2 as well because of it having a MEID number.

Last edited by pimpsuprazx; 11-14-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchris81 View Post
your heavily mistaken. There are two types of boost mobile. The CDMA service, and then they have the Iden service. People have activated touch pro's on the CDMA network, obviously not the iden network.
+1 i agree

Old 11-14-2009, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

Thats interesting the its offerred in Vegas. So did Boost kno u were swappin with the TP?

its kinda wierd that people are still debating if it can b done on a TP when members have clearly said HEY I DID IT! AND even more so that reps at Boost say this can not b done at all.

I guess this stuff interests me alot cuz Im getting a lil tired of payin 130 a month with Sprint. Have really considered switching to boost. Idk i guess we'll see....
Old 11-14-2009, 05:53 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

Thats interesting the its offerred in Vegas. So did Boost kno u were swappin with the TP?

its kinda wierd that people are still debating if it can b done on a TP when members have clearly said HEY I DID IT! AND even more so that reps at Boost say this can not b done at all.

I guess this stuff interests me alot cuz Im getting a lil tired of payin 130 a month with Sprint. Have really considered switching to boost. Idk i guess we'll see....
do you mind me asking where your located?
Old 11-14-2009, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Chicago
Old 11-14-2009, 07:09 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

Chicago
oh idk if metro has reception up there, but I put people's tp, tp2's, and imagio's on metro's $40 plan with talk,tex,web,mms for about $50 after tax unlimited. maybe you should see if they have coverage up there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro