PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

imzack is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 or Hero???

Ok so my dogs just chewed up my touch pro, and it still works ok and all, the screen is just glass is just shattered, so i was thinkin about getting a new phone...

I see that alot of people like the hero and not the moment so much, which i personally dont like samsung that much...

but is there a new phone that is like the hero with a keyboard coming out soon for sprint???

what would you guys do/get????

thanks
zack
Old 11-12-2009, 11:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Touch Pro 2 or Hero???

Quote:
Originally Posted by imzack View Post
Ok so my dogs just chewed up my touch pro, and it still works ok and all, the screen is just glass is just shattered, so i was thinkin about getting a new phone...

I see that alot of people like the hero and not the moment so much, which i personally dont like samsung that much...

but is there a new phone that is like the hero with a keyboard coming out soon for sprint???

what would you guys do/get????

thanks
zack
dude, hero's are made by HTC too.

And if you liked how your tp ran, tp2 is cool, go to a sprint store and play with them both, see what you like.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 11-13-2009, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

blazin_diva400 is just getting started

My coworker has the hero and loves it..but its all in your preference. I prefer a keyboard so the hero would be a no go for me.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

KCHruby is a n00b

For whatever it's worth, I had the HTC Hero for about 3 days and returned it. It had some great features but also had some problems I just couldn't handle.

If you, like me, sync wirelessly with an exchange server, you'll loose some data between your desktop, the exchange server and the Hero. The Hero's calendar doesn't allow for sorting your appointments by "Categories." Any appointment you have on your desktop with a category will NOT have the category on your phone. If you then open that non-category appt on your phone, then when it sync's back to the server, the category will be gone; therefore, your desktop appointment will not longer be associated with a category.

Also, there are limited options for setting your reminders on the Hero. For example, I like plenty of notice when somebody's birthday, anniversary, etc is coming up so on my desktop, I have that set for a 4-week reminder but on the Hero 4 weeks isn't an option so the phone just won't remind you. I returned the phone so can't remember all the options but it was like 5, 10, 30 minutes; 1, 2, hours; 1, 2 days; or 1 week. So, if you have a 3-hour reminder for an important meeting, the phone will NOT remind you because 3-hours isn't an option on the phone. Plus, like the categories, if you open that appointment on your phone and it sees the reminder that it doesn't recognize (i.e., 3-hours) it will just cancel the reminder all together so you'll also lose that remidner on your desktop of you sync with an exchange server.

The touch keyboard also wasn't impressive. It was really no easier to use than the HTC Touch touchscreen keyboard.

There were a few other things I didn't particularly care about but these were the big ones that I just couldn't accept.

Good luck.

KCHruby
Old 11-13-2009, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: G1
Carrier: Verizon

juicemane is a n00b

i would get a palm pre tbh
stay away from windows mobile
trust me
Old 11-13-2009, 09:29 AM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicemane View Post
i would get a palm pre tbh
stay away from windows mobile
trust me
that is one tiny phone lol
Old 11-13-2009, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: G1
Carrier: Verizon

juicemane is a n00b

you could always get the pixie
Old 11-13-2009, 09:40 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicemane View Post
you could always get the pixie
who? me? not wth my gorilla hands lol, I could barely use my tp with my fingers, and I'm waiting on bike's 6.5 to use on my tp2 to see if I could use my fingers on this one.

That pixie would probably last me a week or less because I will either squeeze it to hard, or lose it because of how small it is.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jeffyv is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jeffyv Send a message via Yahoo to jeffyv Send a message via Skype™ to jeffyv

im going to try android so im stuck in choosing a moment or a hero..lol
Old 11-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Personally, I'd get a TP2, Zack. I played with a Hero for a few minutes and it seemed like a nice phone though.

If you're on SERO or some old plan that you'd like to keep, I believe the TP2 would be your only choice.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro