PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: pageplus

qwerty3656 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone won't reset?

I have installed a few rom's and usually do a soft reset before I install them. I have even installed one of the base ROM's (verizon) and it still won't reset?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Phone won't reset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty3656 View Post
I have installed a few rom's and usually do a soft reset before I install them. I have even installed one of the base ROM's (verizon) and it still won't reset?

Any help would be appreciated.
not sure what you're asking, or what phone you have, but if you have a touch pro, then you use the stylus to tap the reset button on the bottom of the phone. that will perform a soft reset. if you want to do a hard reset, then go to your system settings and click on Clear Storage. If you want the button press combination for doing a hard reset, then you have to specify which touch pro you have, since it's different depending on that
Old 11-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

qwerty3656 is a n00b

I always did: hold power, volume down, and center d-pad

Does the clear storage do the same thing?
Old 11-11-2009, 08:59 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I always did: hold power, volume down, and center d-pad

Does the clear storage do the same thing?
clear storage does the same.
as i mentioned before, i can't tell you what the proper button combination is without knowing which touch pro you have
Old 11-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

qwerty3656 is a n00b

I did the clear storage and I FOOLISHLY checked the box to format nand. My phone was completely reset and now is no longer connected to Pageplus (it was originally an alltel phone). I contacted pageplus and they say they don't support the phone. I am stuck - any ideas on how to re-link my phone to pageplus? It is an alltel touch pro.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:31 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I did the clear storage and I FOOLISHLY checked the box to format nand. My phone was completely reset and now is no longer connected to Pageplus (it was originally an alltel phone). I contacted pageplus and they say they don't support the phone. I am stuck - any ideas on how to re-link my phone to pageplus? It is an alltel touch pro.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
here's a whole sub-forum on page plus. you will find what you need there http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=518

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro