PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 12:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

codearn is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question google voice questions

hey,

just got google voicemail up and running on my sprint tp (they confirmed yesterday for me that conditional call forwarding is now free) and a couple items have come up....

1) it plays the messages as mp3 files from your browser, and opens them in windows media player. which plays them on the speakerphone, not the "receiver" speaker. so your voicemails are played to the whole world. is there a tweak to force windows media to play to the earpiece speaker, or is there a different mp3 player someone can recommend?

2) since VM notifications are only through SMS now (not through the phones built-in notifications system, is there a way to assign a custom SMS ringtone to google voice, so that when voice sends an SMS you get a different notification than the normal new SMS sound?

the mp3 issue is the only thing that i think will prevent me from using google voice if theres no workaround. my voicemails dont need to be played to an audience. otherwise its a great system.

---
sprint tp
energyrom 21864 11/9/09

Last edited by codearn; 11-11-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: add ROM info
Old 11-11-2009, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AllTel HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

DMWagner is becoming a great contributor
Re: google voice questions

http://www.google.com/support/voice/...&answer=115093

Call your Google number from any phone, press the * key during the ringback tone or the greeting, and enter your four-digit PIN. If you dial your Google number from any phone for which you've selected to connect directly to voicemail in the Phones tab of your Google Voice settings, your other phones won't ring and you'll be connected directly to your Google voicemail where you may need to enter your PIN based on the options you've selected in the Voicemail Access section of your Phones tab settings.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

thanks, but what i'm looking for is when you have a bunch of VMs and want to listen out of order, which is one of the key advantages of google voice, how can i pick which to listen to without the whole room getting to listen, too?
Old 11-11-2009, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

jasonsf is keeping up the good workjasonsf is keeping up the good work

OneDialer (not free) plays them natively rather than loading an external app and it plays it though the ear piece.

Jason
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

likeminas is just getting started

Try iDialer with iContacts both work together and you can dial directly from your GV number without displaying your actual number.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TP_Cutie24F is a n00b

i actually love the mp3 feature! it annoys the hell out of me when my family takes up my minutes with voicemails asking me to pick up something from the store! ghetto.

If j00 c4n r34d 7h1$, j00 $p3nd w4y 2 much 71m3 0nL1n3
Old 11-12-2009, 04:06 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

why are u listening to VMs anyways... gv transcribes VMs into txts, thought that was one of the points of gv lol

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 11-12-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:39 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

the transcription is decent, but gets plenty wrong. i like to listen to the messages to be sure.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:46 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

well then maybe your VM should tell people to speak clearly and slowly...

..its only wrong when my friends who talk like idiots(thugs), it doesnt handle the slang very well

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro