PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

michaelj1981 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Wont work NEED HELP ASAP

My phone has been working in wack for the past few days, but around 2pm today at work my phone screen stopped working. I can receive and answer a call or i can push talk and scroll to view my contacts and make calls. I can read text messages and emails but i can't reply to anything. The screen part kinda works to the point i can see what im doing while im doing all this, i just can't tap on it and for it to work. (if that makes any sense). WHen i got home i contacted sprint to c what i can do, they said not much they can do, Last friday i went to the sprint store and they are sending me the touch pro 2. But which arrives tomorrow CROSS YOUR FINGERS. i tried to use mobiler to try to use the phone using my desktop. But i cna't cuz it wnt sync up to activesync. My ? is, is there a way i can use keyboard short cuts to get to my menu so i can use the arrow keys to get to the settings so i can put it on active sync so i can use the computer to function my phone to back stuff up. if so please tell me what they are or were to find them i did a google search but really didn't find anything.

The keyboard works with the screen, just the controlling the phone from the screen dont work.

LUCKY I HAVE GOOGLE VOICE so i sent all 153 contacts a personal message one by one telling them not to text my phone but text me to my GV number and its not that big of issue. on the texting part. hahaha
Old 11-10-2009, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TP_Cutie24F is a n00b
Re: Screen Wont work NEED HELP ASAP

**Blinks** so many questions in one. I would imagine if you can get your phone and active sync to work, it will automatically back up your document settings atleast. Depending on what you tell it to backup. Then just take out your storage card and pop it in the new phone.

If j00 c4n r34d 7h1$, j00 $p3nd w4y 2 much 71m3 0nL1n3
Old 11-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

my mobiler. doesn't require activesync. once you get it going, the pc takes controll. search it. if you are looking to back up contacts, and didn't install your programs to sd card. my mobiler is your chance.. when you install a cab to sd card, and it doesn't show up in program files under sd card, it needed to be installed to device. the program folder on sd card will hold all info of program (i.e google maps as you add favs it saves to sd card not device) and puts shortcut of programs on start menu. you can then later (flash, hard reset, or new device) open program folder and copy program launcher and past to windows/start menu instead of installing again. if you do install again, install to sd card, it will hold previous info. the cabs that don't install to sd card have to be installed again to device and info wont be stored, unless you copy/past programs from root of device before a flash etc. pim backup saves contacts, email, and sms, you should have rest to auto save to sd card. installing cabs to sd card hold info from programs to sd card. that is free route, and wont save you pic msg. you can always set your email to last 3 days. so any program you pay for only saves your pic msg. and if the pic was so inportant, you would have saved that to sd card too.

EDIT: I recently had an sd card go currupt. time to time, back that up to something. pc, online storage, something.

Last edited by jpwhre; 11-10-2009 at 07:18 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

michaelj1981 is just getting started

thanks for your help and stuff but i tried as much as i couldn't i couldn't install anything on the phone the touch screen wouldn't function, but i got my phone yesterday, got the pt2. im playing around still on that but for some odd reason ican't get the back cover off haha

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro