PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout
Screwed around in Registry, phone is TOTALLY messed up. Help?

Hey all, I was messing around in total commander (my first mistake since i have no idea what to even do in it) and I ended up deleting some files and now my whole phone is totally messed up.

The keyboard doesnt work (it didnt before this anyways) the tocuh is like, upside down, backwards, random all kinds of stuff. And xp or vista never syncs up with it and only recongizes the storage card so i cant flahs to anything. i cant do anything on the phone itself, nothing works. wtf do i do now!?
Old 11-02-2009, 08:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Screwed around in Registry, phone is TOTALLY messed up. Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovatScout View Post
Hey all, I was messing around in total commander (my first mistake since i have no idea what to even do in it) and I ended up deleting some files and now my whole phone is totally messed up.

The keyboard doesnt work (it didnt before this anyways) the tocuh is like, upside down, backwards, random all kinds of stuff. And xp or vista never syncs up with it and only recongizes the storage card so i cant flahs to anything. i cant do anything on the phone itself, nothing works. wtf do i do now!?
Your next step is to hard reset your device, this can be done by going into startmenu/setttings/systems/clear storage..!

Or manually by turning off your phone / hold down volume and center dpad, then hold the power button. .. press vol up to restore!
Old 11-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint -_-

RainingDiamonds is a n00b

thats why i love being a woman- i dont mess with stuff if i dont know what it does especially when it comes to expensive electronics/phones
Old 11-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by purian23 View Post
Your next step is to hard reset your device, this can be done by going into startmenu/setttings/systems/clear storage..!

Or manually by turning off your phone / hold down volume and center dpad, then hold the power button. .. press vol up to restore!
My volume and power buttons are unresponsive. The front buttons and center buttons are also unresponsive.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Likwid is keeping up the good workLikwid is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2: HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Hard reset.

If you can navigate in Windows -- Settings \ System \ Clear Storage

If you can't navigate -- hold power \ volume down \ center button \ hit the reset buttton (it may be less buttons but it only worked when I did all that)

You have to be a contortionist to reset the touch pro!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

damn man u really did a number on your phone!

go HERE and install My Mobiler. it allows you to control your phone on your computer. install it, setup an active sync connection with your comp, and like stated about goto seetings - system 0 clear storage
Old 11-02-2009, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingDiamonds View Post
thats why i love being a woman- i dont mess with stuff if i dont know what it does especially when it comes to expensive electronics/phones
lmfao, thats funny, I actually know a woman, very beautiful, and smart, and she does reg edits by herself on the tp

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 11-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
damn man u really did a number on your phone!

go HERE and install My Mobiler. it allows you to control your phone on your computer. install it, setup an active sync connection with your comp, and like stated about goto seetings - system 0 clear storage
It never syncs anymore. It only comes up as an "(L" removable storage. if it ever DID sync i would probably just flash it back to stock ROM
Old 11-02-2009, 09:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovatScout View Post
It never syncs anymore. It only comes up as an "(L" removable storage. if it ever DID sync i would probably just flash it back to stock ROM
damn man, you really got yourself in a pickle
Old 11-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
damn man, you really got yourself in a pickle
lmao i said out loud "Thaaaanks" after i read ur post and almost hit the thanks button, lol.

I want to bring it into sprint repeair but what happens if they see the Total Commander icon with the blue floppy disk with CE on it?

Anyone else can help?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro