PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Us Cellular

phuhqu2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
USCC Touch Pro lost EVDO

I have a touch pro, USCC is my carrier. Stock rom. I tried some hacks listed elsewhere to increase battery life and performance. I might have screwed them up, they might just have not worked, either way my phone was running horribly: would only get all the way past the today screen to my UI about every 10th time, then it would run really slow and reboot itself eventually. I put the registry hacks back to the way they'd been, but it didn't help. Since none of the various methods to hard reset via hardware keys worked, I used the "reset data" option to do a hard reset. After doing that, I had phone services only. I didn't notice but I think I had evdo at that point, but no data (not sure about the evdo, but definately no data). I then installed a carrier cab from here (dcd USCC Carrier 20090704.cab). I still didn't have data. Went in to EPST (couldn't run it from /windows, but ##778 worked), fixed some things based on searches of this and a few other sites like xda, got data working (I make that statement based on the fact that I was finally able to download weather data after fixing my security info). Now I noticed that everything was OK except I was only on 1x all the time. I compared my EPST to my wifes, and made the following changes to mine based on her's:
  • Under NAM settings, I changed ACCOLC from 3 to 2
  • Under Home SID/Home NID I changed HOME SID/NID #1 from 2114/65535 to 5/65535
  • Under M.IP Default Profile: ok this one is a little harder to explain: mine had 3 extra settings: a public HA key and a public AAA key, and another key that was the last setting in the category. The 1st two were unicode characters, mostly unprintable (boxes). The last one was FFFFFF. I changed them all to blank and rebooted, the first two were regenerated as different values, the third one was 0. I changed them all to blank again and rebooted, this time the settings disapeared completely, so that screen now looks like my wifes.
As far as I can tell, everything is now the same (obviously I didn't change any values sepecific to my phone like my number). Still no EVDO. I can't see any difference between our phones now, but she's on evdo and I'm still on 1x.

Any suggestions?

<edit> I have also updated my PRI a couple times, which obviously didn't help either.
<2nd edit> tried *228. Not only did that not fix it, but I can also no longer get in to edit my EPST or even see the security screen. Not sure if the password would reset to 000000 if I did another hard reset. Yes/No?

Last edited by phuhqu2; 11-01-2009 at 04:02 PM. Reason: extra info
Old 11-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

phuhqu2 is a n00b
Re: USCC Touch Pro lost EVDO

After following the instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=485044 I discovered my password was still 000000, I must have typed it in wrong. Going back in, I see that I still have values for HA Shared Secret and AAA Shared Secret, and MN Authenticator(Hex) is FFFFFF as it was before. I checked on my wifes phone (which is untouched from the store- NO mods of any kind what-so-ever) and she has values there as well (I couldn't see them when I chose view instead of edit, so I thought they didn't exist on her phone). So my point is that after doing a hard reset and running the carrier cab, after checking ever setting comparing her phone to mine, I've checked the debug screen and I am authenticated (I wasn't originally) I STILL can't get EVDO. I didn't mod this thing at all other than what I figured were safe reg. hacks- no ROMs, nada. So I can't figure out what I might have changed that would disable evdo. Anyone have any ideas at all?
Old 11-02-2009, 06:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor

sounds like you need to go back to squre and start over. i would flash it back to stock and start from there again
Old 11-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

phuhqu2 is a n00b

I think you're right. I'll try that today.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

phuhqu2 is a n00b

Worked, titaniumgiant; thanks. Flashed, *288, ran carrier rom, everything was right w/ no tweaking needed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTC touch-pro 2!
Carrier: sprint

dee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

now to start flashing again the tp stock is way too heavy on stock or at least start with no2chems fix...
Old 11-04-2009, 05:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor

Awesome! Good luck!
Old 11-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: USCC

staack is a n00b

Thanks to the posters in this thread, I have EVDO connectivity on USCC again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro