PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A bad MoPho...
Carrier: Sprint

Boaz65 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Finally dies...relock question!

My display must have finally died, I see absolutely nothing on it. Several hard resets, nothing, several soft resets, nothing. I never really got a chance to relock it after flashing that BS HTC Rom Update the other day, which is what I think gave my phone the swine flu. So what I did was connected the phone to my PC and it appeared that the active sync connected after 13 tries. I can not force bootloader mode, no way, no how. I went ahead and ran the relocker (Raphael CDMA relocker) anyway since my WMDC screen showed that I was connected. After 8 tries, my PC screen shows 100% completion. How can I be certain that the phone is actually locked before taking this piece of sheet to the Sprint store, hopefully for a replacement? Im assuming that without a visual display, they couldn't really tell if it was locked or not, correct?

Last edited by Boaz65; 10-07-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cruisincali is a n00b
Re: Finally dies...relock question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaz65 View Post
My display must have finally died, I see absolutely nothing on it. Several hard resets, nothing, several soft resets, nothing. I never really got a chance to relock it after flashing that BS HTC Rom Update the other day, which is what I think gave my phone the swine flu. So what I did was connected the phone to my PC and it appeared that the active sync connected after 13 tries. I can not force bootloader mode, no way, no how. I went ahead and ran the relocker (Raphael CDMA relocker) anyway since my WMDC screen showed that I was connected. After 8 tries, my PC screen shows 100% completion. How can I be certain that the phone is actually locked before taking this piece of sheet to the Sprint store, hopefully for a replacement? Im assuming that without a visual display, they couldn't really tell if it was locked or not, correct?
Just take it in and say it the screen malfunctioned (its not like they can see whats wrong with it, they are sales reps), they will ask no questions and you will get your replacement. My phone is stuck in landscape mode permanently and I am going to the shop this weekend hopefully they replace it for free.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cruisincali is a n00b

I do agree on this with you "this piece of sheet" I am so pissed with it right now.:vi olent2:
Old 10-08-2009, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A bad MoPho...
Threadstarter

Boaz65 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisincali View Post
Just take it in and say it the screen malfunctioned (its not like they can see whats wrong with it, they are sales reps), they will ask no questions and you will get your replacement. My phone is stuck in landscape mode permanently and I am going to the shop this weekend hopefully they replace it for free.
Took the phone in this morning and they did give me a replacement after a tech tried to play with it for 20 mins or so. I did notice that the phone they gave me was brand new but it must be an older one. It has the following device info on it;
rom version 1.03.651.4
rom date 11-11-08
radio 1.03.15F
hardware version 0002
PRL version 60652
PRI version 1.47.003

QUESTION.....Should I attempt to do the HTC rom upgrade again to get the newer radio and supposed improvements, or just leave it the hell alone and enjoy it as it is?
Old 11-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

robertg2004 is a n00b

I say upgrade it. Its made to customize the only reason they lock it is that you dont switch providers its all about money sprint and verizon want to retain their customers if they had all the phone upgraded and mod'ed then they would lose customers from switching back and forth.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro