PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: Alltel-Now Verizon

Travis798 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen rotation driving me insane!

I've been running EnergyRom for several months now, and a couple days ago the screen on my TP just started randomly rotating, like I was turning the phone. All 4 buttons on the bottom will flash while it is doing this, and it just keeps flipping the screen around, and it's about to drive me insane.

I just tried re flashing the phone with the newest EnergyRom, but no help. Is this something hardware wise in the phone that I'm not going to be able to stop? I'm seriously ready to chuck this phone against a wall and be done with it, as I can't really use it because everytime I try to touch something, the screen flips and I touch somewhere else on the screen.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: Screen rotation driving me insane!

I feel ya, but for me it only happens in opera when the phone is up-side-down (opera on then put in pocket) I have to put phone on side and then upright as it blanks out if i go from up-side-down to right-side-up. I think it is an NRG issue, but don't want to change except for stock. are you using gyrator app?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Travis798 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
I feel ya, but for me it only happens in opera when the phone is up-side-down (opera on then put in pocket) I have to put phone on side and then upright as it blanks out if i go from up-side-down to right-side-up. I think it is an NRG issue, but don't want to change except for stock. are you using gyrator app?

Lol if I were using gyrator I would simply uninstall it and be done. I want the phone to NOT rotate now unless I slide the keyboard out, like it did stock. I'm assuming the energyrom is using some kind of registry tweak, but the phone screen isn't stable enough to browse around for it.

I'm hoping that somebody might be able to give me exact directions for what I need to do to make this stop, and just maybe I can get to it. I think I'm fixing to flash back to the stock Alltel rom for now, and hopefully it will fix the issue if nothing else will.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Travis798 is a n00b

Okay I have re installed the stock Alltel Rom and still have the same problem. I just did a hard reset on it, and the problem still persist. I'm now pretty confused, as I don't see what would make the screen flip on a stock rom when it's not supposed to, unless for some reason the phone keeps thinking that the keyboard is being opened?

I suppose I will call Verizon for another phone ( I refuse to take the Verizon TP though, so may have a fight on my hands) and re lock this phone.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis798 View Post
Okay I have re installed the stock Alltel Rom and still have the same problem. I just did a hard reset on it, and the problem still persist. I'm now pretty confused, as I don't see what would make the screen flip on a stock rom when it's not supposed to, unless for some reason the phone keeps thinking that the keyboard is being opened?

I suppose I will call Verizon for another phone ( I refuse to take the Verizon TP though, so may have a fight on my hands) and re lock this phone.
try re-calibrating your stuff, g sensor and what nots.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yea, it sounds like you need to re-calibrate the g-sensor
Old 10-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Travis798 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
yea, it sounds like you need to re-calibrate the g-sensor
I've done that several times. It simply acts like I keep pulling the keyboard out and closing it all the time, which I don't. The fault seems to be in whatever it is senses the kb slide out. Verizon said they would replace it after I do a hard reset while on the phone with them, so I have to get to another phone, I just hope they don't try to send me a Verizon TP [-o<

I want to thank everybody for taking the time and trying to help though!

*Edit* I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but in the short term after some searching around (I got out of panic/frustration mode) a good, HARD press to the spacebar seems to have solved the issue, at least for now. Maybe I can throw my custom ROM back on and be a happy TP owner again

Last edited by Travis798; 10-28-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

turn your sliding keyboard sound on, then you can tell if it thinks keyboard is open or shut. I had this issue with a titan, and turned out, it was seeing the keyboard opening and closing. That phone got retired.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Travis798 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
turn your sliding keyboard sound on, then you can tell if it thinks keyboard is open or shut. I had this issue with a titan, and turned out, it was seeing the keyboard opening and closing. That phone got retired.
I would, but as I said, a good, hard push on the spacebar has fixed the issue. I am now having some other keyboard problems, with certain fn keys not working, but it may be due to the new ROM I'm running. Gonna flash to another one and check things out from there.

Thanks a lot for your help to the guys that posted. Every time I have a problem with pretty much anything, I remember why I'm a forum junkie!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro