PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rom question

I have tried every touchflo rom and each one has either lagged or locked up with a lot of soft resets. My question, is it i know its possible, but is it probable that my phone that functions fine has some problem in it thats not allowing it to function 100 percent and thats why im having problems with the roms? Is there an absolute barebones touchflo that i can try one more time before i fky to chuicage and throw this phone in the michigan river?
Thanks alot
Old 10-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Pro
Carrier: Telus

Firesong is a n00b
Re: Rom question

I had tried a couple different ROM's and decided to
do something a little different.
I tried NFSFAN's.. and am loving it. Uses Touchflo 3d 2.1
Unfortunately I have to take my phone in for warranty
(having a screen which decides to turn off once a day)
but when i get the replacement I will put it back on.
The link is:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...RHODIUM+MANILA

Firesong
Old 10-27-2009, 01:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
I have tried every touchflo rom and each one has either lagged or locked up with a lot of soft resets. My question, is it i know its possible, but is it probable that my phone that functions fine has some problem in it thats not allowing it to function 100 percent and thats why im having problems with the roms? Is there an absolute barebones touchflo that i can try one more time before i fky to chuicage and throw this phone in the michigan river?
Thanks alot
Two thing's, try upping your pagepool before flashing the rom, and if you want to through the phone into a river, send it to me instead lol.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
two thing's, try upping your pagepool before flashing the rom, and if you want to through the phone into a river, send it to me instead lol.
just left your mothers house. Thats funny. Ive given up on trying to figure out pagepool. Is it like virtual ram on your pc. Is it easy to do?
Old 10-27-2009, 02:01 PM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
just left your mothers house. Thats funny. Ive given up on trying to figure out pagepool. Is it like virtual ram on your pc. Is it easy to do?
It's not to difficult to understand, but hard to explain, so I'll try. It's the amount of RAM(in MB (Megabytes)) the phone utilizes to pool up a page. The higher the page pool, the more RAM it uses, and the faster your battery will burn. Stock pagepool is usually around 6MB, the rom's I rock on my told touch pro started at the lowest of 12MB and went up to 64MB, but with 64MB if you get 2 hours out of your battery consider yourself lucky, but that bad boy was fast lol.

To do it, there is often something called a pagepool utility included when you download most roms, simply open it, hit browse, pick the rom file, then adjust it accordingly to something more of your liking.

BTW, your moms hot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
two thing's, try upping your pagepool before flashing the rom, and if you want to through the phone into a river, send it to me instead lol.
Quote:
it's not to difficult to understand, but hard to explain, so i'll try. It's the amount of ram(in mb (megabytes)) the phone utilizes to pool up a page. The higher the page pool, the more ram it uses, and the faster your battery will burn. Stock pagepool is usually around 6mb, the rom's i rock on my told touch pro started at the lowest of 12mb and went up to 64mb, but with 64mb if you get 2 hours out of your battery consider yourself lucky, but that bad boy was fast lol.

To do it, there is often something called a pagepool utility included when you download most roms, simply open it, hit browse, pick the rom file, then adjust it accordingly to something more of your liking.

Btw, your moms hot.
ugh thanks for the depressing answer . I so appreciate it though. Doesnt seem worth it, my battery life is a nightmare anyway. Isnt there a bare bare bones touchflo out there that i can just add things on. Loved the bells and whistles, but im desperate now.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:32 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
ugh thanks for the depressing answer . I so appreciate it though. Doesnt seem worth it, my battery life is a nightmare anyway. Isnt there a bare bare bones touchflo out there that i can just add things on. Loved the bells and whistles, but im desperate now.
lol, no problem, my battery life was decent with the 24mb page pool, I'm honestly not sure about the bare bones TF3D, I don't wanna tell ya something I don't know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro