PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Annoying Word "Suggestion" after hard-reset...

Hey everyone

I did a hard reset on my TP1 earlier, and since it went back to factory settings, I get that annoying black pop-up bar with auto word completion in every text I draft... EVEN THOUGH I went and turned off EVERY auto-correct and auto-suggest function I could find. I also clicked the 'X' in the upper right corner of the dialogue box several times, but as I types another word it would re-populate.

Does anyone know how to turn this off!? It seems like an HTC add-on, and not a WinMo add-on since those features are turned off. I hate the lag I get when typing a longer 160 character text, because it has to go through the guessing/suggesting for each word as each letter is typed, so I actually finish typing and the phone is still catching up.

Thanks for your help - it will save me a lot of headaches if someone knows the cure for my cellular ailment!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA
Re: Annoying Word "Suggestion" after hard-reset...

Be sure the ABC/XT9 switch on the soft keyboard is set to ABC. This is what most people forget to check when having this problem.
Radio 2.23.00WV

Last edited by KilgoreBA; 10-27-2009 at 05:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilgoreBA View Post
Be sure the ABC/T9 switch on the soft keyboard is set to ABC. This is what most people forget to check when having this problem.
Ahhh dangit... I thought I was close to having something fixed, but couldn't find the T9 function screen to see if I could toggle between the two choices...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilgoreBA View Post
Be sure the ABC/T9 switch on the soft keyboard is set to ABC. This is what most people forget to check when having this problem.
I wish I could hit the "Thanks" button 100 X for this one, but I could only do it once.

But here goes... MANY Thanks!

David
Old 10-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I wish I could hit the "Thanks" button 100 X for this one, but I could only do it once.

But here goes... MANY Thanks!

David
Aw man! I am still trying to figure out how to do this... can someone give me a run down of how to at least check is I am in T9 or ABC? I tried using the pop up from the on screen keyboard, AND the "input" selection from Windows->Settings->Input - I de-selected everything as far as word correction and suggestion..... but that little black horizontal bar still pops up!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
Ahhh dangit... I thought I was close to having something fixed, but couldn't find the T9 function screen to see if I could toggle between the two choices...
You should be able to toggle right on the keyboard. Also in the settings menu, go to the Personal Tab, Input, Select Touch Input in the drop down list, Options button directly underneath the dropdown list, XT9 Settings tab and be sure all four options are unchecked, then hit ok in the top right of the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
... MANY Thanks!..
I'm glad I could help Dave. I appreciate you hitting the Thanks button!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
Aw man! I am still trying to figure out how to do this... can someone give me a run down of how to at least check is I am in T9 or ABC? I tried using the pop up from the on screen keyboard, AND the "input" selection from Windows->Settings->Input - I de-selected everything as far as word correction and suggestion..... but that little black horizontal bar still pops up!
Read what I wrote just above on this same post. Hopefully that will help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Kilgore... all the options are unchecked I wanted to say thanks though, I thanked your post. What sucks now, is that when I compose a new email, or text message... I have to manually select "Add Recipient" as opposed to typing their name and seeing a few contacts pop up to choose from Ugh, hard resets suck... I wish I could remember how I got that little slow black box to go away in my texts and emails. I am not using the virtual on-screen keyboard, I slide out my physical QWERTY, if that makes any difference - but all keyboard options are un-checked like you said.

PS: I just hate the lag that little black horizontal box causes... I will finished typing a text message sometimes 15 seconds before the little suggestion box goes through each individual word, and finally sends! Phew.....
Old 10-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Thanks for the Thanks lol. I appreciate it. I am sorry I couldn't help you with your problem. Hopefully if you hard reset, you will be able to instal your programs one by one and figure out the program that caused the problem.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Tungsten E2, Motorola Q9c
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Tyrst is a n00b

i had the same problem after a warranty replacement. i installed .net cf 3.5 and advanced configuration and turned off the keyboard options. it went away after that
Old 10-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrst View Post
i had the same problem after a warranty replacement. i installed .net cf 3.5 and advanced configuration and turned off the keyboard options. it went away after that

Thanks! I'll give it a shot... never modded my phone or done anything along those lines, but I've always been interested. I am curious about how to turn off the temperature settings (if that would even help) because using SkyFire, the only program I have installed... my phone turns into a bonfire!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro