PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Singer_Actor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My screen went black!

Okay so recently I was noticing that my screen would go black after a call, and I would have to restart it. Well now, its just not turning on at all. the Backlight comes on, and the touch still works, but theres no screen. I am able to get it on once in awhile, so i backed up everything, and saved all my important information, but when i touch the power button to turn off the screen, it wont come back on. Im not having any luck getting it back on.
Any ideas? This is i think my 5th touch pro, from Alltel. And with the switch to verizon being permanent, im not sure if I can get a new one. And Im not using my insurance for this bull either. They will cover this right? theres no water damage because my sensor is still green. ANy suggestions??
Old 10-25-2009, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: My screen went black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer_Actor View Post
Okay so recently I was noticing that my screen would go black after a call, and I would have to restart it. Well now, its just not turning on at all. the Backlight comes on, and the touch still works, but theres no screen. I am able to get it on once in awhile, so i backed up everything, and saved all my important information, but when i touch the power button to turn off the screen, it wont come back on. Im not having any luck getting it back on.
Any ideas? This is i think my 5th touch pro, from Alltel. And with the switch to verizon being permanent, im not sure if I can get a new one. And Im not using my insurance for this bull either. They will cover this right? theres no water damage because my sensor is still green. ANy suggestions??
yes, they will cover it. since this is your 5th tp, you should try to get a tp2 or other for replacement...that is, if you want. If you want to stick with TP, then make sure you request that the replacement is a alltel tp. If you don't they will send you a gimped verizon tp.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Singer_Actor is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; Opera/9.5) Alltel HTC Touch Pro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer_Actor View Post
yes, they will cover it. since this is your 5th tp, you should try to get a tp2 or other for replacement...that is, if you want. If you want to stick with TP, then make sure you request that the replacement is a alltel tp. If you don't they will send you a gimped verizon tp.
can i get the TP2 without using an upgrade? cause i want to see if i can get the hero down the road because verizon is supposed to get it, and to my understanding, if you were switched to verizon you are eligible to get a verizon phone.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

johnboyinfl is becoming a great contributor

they should replace with tp2 without using your upgrade if you have had that many replacements. i would check out the other discussion threads regarding that issue.

if you still need access to your phone...... i would recommend checking out mymobiler.
it is an awesome program. it came in very handy when my phone died recently.

View your mobile screen on your desktop.
Control your mobile by using desktop keyboard and mouse.
Copy/Cut/Paste text between mobile and desktop.
Capture mobile screen.
Drag and drop files to your mobile.

if i have helped you out, please hit the thanks button.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

Zeybrin is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Zeybrin

Do you flash ROMs? if so you can hold the power button and the volume down button when its off to get to the multi-color screen and then flash a new ROM onto it from there. I had a similar problem.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Singer_Actor is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyinfl View Post
they should replace with tp2 without using your upgrade if you have had that many replacements. i would check out the other discussion threads regarding that issue.

if you still need access to your phone...... i would recommend checking out mymobiler.
it is an awesome program. it came in very handy when my phone died recently.

View your mobile screen on your desktop.
Control your mobile by using desktop keyboard and mouse.
Copy/Cut/Paste text between mobile and desktop.
Capture mobile screen.
Drag and drop files to your mobile.

if i have helped you out, please hit the thanks button.
Thanks! Im gonna just explain my case, state that this whole thing is a huge inconvenience to me, im on my 5th phone, and I keep having problems with this phone, and I quite frankly do not even want it anymore because im sick of all the problems, and im going to ask them for the touch pro 2.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

You may be able to use a tv out cable to pull anything off you need and maybe navigate around to get whatever else done.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro